Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

I just heard they're making it half computer and half with real actors... or something.. sort of like "Sonic in our world" thing. If I remember correctly

From what I've heard it's meant to be a CGI/Live action cross.

Yep. They are. I posted my reaction to hearing that before and I will again. WHY???!!!

CGI/Live action because fancy? Honestly, I think it's the only way to go about it. The fan film went the same direction, and for the most part, looked pretty good. I think it'll go over nicely, as long as the story and writing is good, that's all I care about for right now. I won't really mind the "art" structure being CGI/Live action as long as it's written well.

I feel it should be full CGI, but that's just my opinion. 

To be honest I can see some point to it but I agree that I think it ought to be full CGI

I really want one like Unleashed opening. >:3 And with Metal Sonic too.

I really want one like Unleashed opening. >:3 And with Metal Sonic too.

That would be awesome.  Seriously, that intro was amazing!

Yeah. I don't care if it would take three or more years to make it. Ima want! :3

Well it's not really a chapter from Satam.. they're making completely new story. Besides there's only going to be Sonic, Tails and Eggman and possibly Sonic's "Uncle". And the new villain... I just heard they're making it half computer and half with real actors... or something.. sort of like "Sonic in our world" thing. If I remember correctly

Why??? Didn't we get enough of sonic, tails, and eggman and the recent games already and I don't know this new villain is this sound similar to sonic lost world minus the deadly six and the lost hex. For the voices actors mike pullock is going to voice eggman by default as for sonic I'm hoping for Jaleet or Ryan and for tails kate needs to voice him again I didn't like her at first but then after awhile I see why see's every bodies favorite not my favorite but still good.

I know. I don't get it either. Why no Uncle Chuck at least??? Why no Amy or Knuckles?? or anyone else we know? I'm guessing they'll meet some of "Our World" people and become friends with them.. My god this is like The Smurfs movie all over again... =-=

Honestly, I wouldn't want the movie to be full CGI, because it would feel more like a really long cutscene from the games. In my opinion, that could be more of a set back. If the movie were to be full CGI, it might as well just be a game. That's why I didn't really care for the CGI TMNT, because it felt more game than movie.

Honestly, I wouldn't want the movie to be full CGI, because it would feel more like a really long cutscene from the games. In my opinion, that could be more of a set back. If the movie were to be full CGI, it might as well just be a game. That's why I didn't really care for the CGI TMNT, because it felt more game than movie.

What about wreck it ralph it was full CGI

Aw C'mon Cy. It could be greeeeat? :3 Maybe? You'll never know till you see a trailer~

I know, Shinomi. If I were to explain why a movie like Wreck-It-Ralph worked full CGI, it colud take a while. I honestly believe the StH movie should take the CGI/Liveveaction approach.

I just... don't think if it's going to work. But I do understand why you think it should be better since there ARE good movies made with that style. But I'm just skeptic because of... OTHER example movies like that... *shivers* The Smurfs... =-=''

I'm not saying it can't work.

But given the track record of films that used the CGI-live action approach that are based on existing franchises.... yeah...

Like I said.. If it's anything like the Smurfs... *shivers* It's going to be ruined! Dx And the new villain better be eeeeeeeeviiiiil... And badass if possible... I mean I don't mind silly villains but.. I just want to think of this movie as badass, fighting, adventure trip! :D (meaning if there's silly villain who always fails it just makes me feel like watching ordinary kids show. And I mean nowadays kids show) Not the good kind..

Breaking News it been confirmed the sonic movie is going to be release in 2016.

Sonic The Hedgehog was going to be a dog.

Possible movie based of the 90's console wars between nintendo and sega.

Sony negotiating rights to Super Mario Bros.
Click here:  http://segabits.com/blog/2015/04/29/leaked-sony-pictures-e-mails-show-excitement-for-segas-sonic-the-hedge-dog/

Hmmm the link said it was a typo not that he was going to be a dog. And given the email was from not long ago unless they were planning to just make Sonic a dog in the movie (which I highly doubt, even Sony should have enough sense for that) I think its just a weird typo

As for everything else... hmm... I have some doubts over this being legit. Email is a little off to me but I guess it'll be revealed if it is legit

Yeah the only thing is true is the mario bros movie and the sonic movie the console war movie I'm not sure but it did seen a little interesting even if it is an old typo email.

Unpinned the thread for now because y'know, we haven't heard anything in ages. Will pin it again if we finally hear something, given the project isn't dead.

(I myself am more interested in the Ratchet & Clank movie to be honest but eh, that's a topic for another day :3)

To be honest, I'd like to see Sonic movie as a new story, not reused (or even recycled) from somewhere else. The only thing that upsets me is tons of critics towards movies like Bay's TMNT or The Last Airbender - they were also based on franchises. Hopefully Sony (Columbia?) won't suck at this. They might suck on purpose, but this is conspiracy.

I wished it to have something along the line of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam. It would have been interesting to see how such style can be integrated into live-action films with today's technology.

Edited by arekpowalan