Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

Yeah but.. This MIGHT be the one to break the circle of bad movies? 

I am agreeing with Shinomi on this. I'm hoping the movie is going to be good, but then again, it could turn out bad. I really want the movie to work.

Yeah my feelings exactly! o_o The chances are 50/50 If done right it might even be a success. If done wrong it might be abomination...

Well let's not forget the last sonic movie the ova back in 98 that was a success and show how a sonic related thing works.

Oooh the Sonic OVA... Nostalgic... I have to watch it in Japanese with english subs... o_o wow.

I love the OVA! Still one of my favorites! IIt's just so corny that it's so enjoyable to watch. And the lines are just so memorable. I hope that the movie will ve sort of like the OVA, in the sense that it will be enjoyable and just as memorable.

I know right? I mean.. What's the point in making a movie if it's not enjoyable and memorable? 

I know right? I mean.. What's the point in making a movie if it's not enjoyable and memorable? 

To make $$$

*sighs*

But how does it make money if it gets bad reputation after the day the first people see it?

Alas, that doesn't seem to figure into Hollywood execs minds.  They just want to slap a recognised brand on screen and expect that to print money no matter how *bleep* the film is.

After all, it worked for Transformers, right?

o_o I think the movie was quite good.. Okay second one I questioned a lot but... and I'm scared about Five Nights at Freddy's movie right now.. and Skulldugery Pleasant... But.. yeah.. It COULD work right? I mean there must be some wise people working there too? With real ideas? Or is everything I though a lie? o_o

First one... was a brainless action film, and even worse if you were a transformers fan.  Second was horrible, yet still made tones and tones of money!

I... wouldn't get your hopes up.  Video game films don't have a good track record to being with...

We talking about the Transformers movies? Well, in that case... let me just get this off my chest: I enjoyed the first one as an action film, despite some dumb moments (*coughtheparentscough*), I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE the second film for all it's worth (first time I fell asleep in a cinema, at the age of 13... you know, the TARGET AUDIENCE?!), I surprisingly didn't mind the third film, and... hoo boy... I found the fourth one to be a massive guilty pleasure of mine. (Yep, I said it. I don't regret it.)

Now, as for the Sonic movie, I'm interested in seeing the final product, if only to see which end of the film-making spectrum it lands on. ('Actual thought' vs. 'Money')

I know one person whop says he likes the transformers movies... that among other things is why our nerdy physics teacher likes to tease him... I've never seen the transformers movies myself though so I wouldn't know anything :P

But to some extent... I am expecting a movie that is made more for the $$$ than the service to Sonic fans... oh well. I'll still watch it...and probably enjoy it anyway

Same here I want to see it. And just have a good time and not to think about anything else than the movie while watching it.

Conversation was going off topic. So I've moved it to the Off Topic thread. If you want to keep talking about Ninja Turtles 3 and other Michael Bay movies please discuss there

Stay on topic here

(Sorry ^_^'' ) But I do hope they won't change the characters original background stories too much.. I read somewhere they're changing Sonic's story a bit..

Does he have a fixed background?

*sighs* Probably going to make them all genetic experiments grown in a lab run by Eggman or something

No... It just that he apparently lives in some village (Not Knothole) With his uncle... can't remember the uncle's name.. and possibly there's going to be some kind of bird as enemy.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Well I don't think the bird enemy's going bean or the Babylon Rouges.

No he's some kind of hawk or eagle I guess... Can't remember the name though

Uncle they couldnn't be talking about sonic's uncle chunk from Satam, Underground, and the Archie Comics could they. What other villages could it be beside knothole.

I can't remember it's probably some made up village and yeah not Uncle Chuck. 

Well beside uncle chunk not being in it, it feels like their taking a chapter out of sonic satam and the archie comics instead of the sonic adventure route I though they would take.

Well it's not really a chapter from Satam.. they're making completely new story. Besides there's only going to be Sonic, Tails and Eggman and possibly Sonic's "Uncle". And the new villain... I just heard they're making it half computer and half with real actors... or something.. sort of like "Sonic in our world" thing. If I remember correctly