Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

Please take your time and make it great SEGA. I'll wait ;P

Until then, we got some other video game movies coming out. I think next year we'll have both Sly Cooper and the Ratchet and Clank movies. They're looking good!

I knew about Ratchet and Clank but... SLY?! O_O really??? AWESOME!! I love both games!!

Yep. Not much happening with this. Which... perhaps isn't such a bad thing right now. Since it isn't Sonic Boom, it'll likely get drowned out by all the Sonic Boom hype and given Sonic Boom's rep... yeah. Probably for the best we get it later. And I can wait

So, it's not seeing the light of day until 2015. That's understandable, as the first announcement was just a few months ago. But I think the movie should reference the comics, just because of the part they've played in Sonic's career as well as the cartoons.

ಠ_ಠ

This topic is clearly the weirdest ever

agreed HomestarRunner.... o-o still.. can't wait to see the movie... (please no Finnish dub when it gets here, please no Finnish dub when it gets here >-<) It's a serious problem here in Finland...

All I ask is that it's not some sort of "reboot" or origin story.

We all know the characters.

All of us who are going to see it already know the establish universe and rules.

We don't need another recap of the basic lore.

It should be something that is an all new original story of sorts that uses the basic collective lore and such, that way we avoid another one of those "CGI Remakes of Retro Favorites" things.

Y'know what I mean? Look what happened with Dragon Ball and Avatar when those got Live Action/CGI remakes/retellings. Yee-uck.

I read about it.. and apparently it will be kind of like new story (it has new character in it too) though I'm not sure was the information false or not...

As far as voice actors go for sonic I want Jaleet White, Ryan Drummond, or Jason Griffith.

I can see the movie being more so having a SatAM feel. I think that would be way past cool! I'd love to see a feature film with that same feeling, and hopefully some of the same characters. I'd be happy to see Sonia and Manic make another appearance, and maybe a couple of the Freedom Fighters, just to show the fans SEGA hasn't forgot about them. I'd also like to see Jaleel or Ryan coming back to the role of Sonic. Mainly Jaleel; because in my opinion, Jaleel could capture the character of Sonic near perfectly for the PG-13 rating this movie is going to try to aim for.

From what I've heard/seen... there won't be Freedom Fighters in it just Sonic and Tails (maybe Knuckles and Amy) and new enemy/friend oh and of course Eggman...

New news from the world of the SA3 facebook page.

First thing first Takashi Iizuka will be supervising the upcoming movie no surprise.

A possible schedule has be confirmed but not a hundred percent true it made coming out next year 2016. 

So they delayed it now with two years?

Gives more time to work and maybe find a way to make it not suck.

True my sneaky snake friend :3 true.. Hopefully the result will not fail and make thousands of fans cry...

Ladies and Gentlemen, fangirls and fanboys I provely present a word from the movie writer that will make everybody happy read at your own rick.

*(Van Robichaux Says Film Will Be "Sonic At His Best")*

In a recent conversation with a fan here on Facebook, the writer behind the film revealed that, regarding the balance between lighthearted and serious, the movie was going to be in between, harkening Sonic back to a time when he was at his best.

Also he reassured fans once again that the movie is not connected to the Sonic BOOM series in any way.

- CK

Well,if it was going to be somewhere in between light-hearted and serious, I guess that second part seems obvious

I don't own a rick, but sounds good. I'm not getting my hopes up though...

Then again, the Mario Bros. movie is suppose to be terrible, but I loved it lol

I'm excited, with everything we know so far of the movie, I have a hunch it's going to be good. But; i'm not expecting it to be 'must see best movie evarz' good, but a decent film that as a long-time Sonic fan, I can say "As a licensed video game movie, it's pretty good" and will have no problem rewatching.

I heard it's going to be half made with computer and they're going to mix that with actual humans.. I don't know about this.. This might go to the Sonic 06 way.. (though no Elise but you know)

I heard it's going to be half made with computer and they're going to mix that with actual humans.. I don't know about this.. This might go to the Sonic 06 way.. (though no Elise but you know)

More like a sonic unleashed way because the CGI is being made by the same people who make the CGI video for Unleashed.

Really? o_o I did not know that. Thanks for telling me! So.. This might just work. At least better than Sonic 06 level.

I'm still skeptical. Live action movies based on cartoons and games have rarely worked all that well.