Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

2qd9ws0.jpg

While pretty much nothing is known so far, it has been announced that Sony is working on a new Sonic the Hedgehog movie!

I will just leave a link with information here and update this thread frequently when we get more information.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-works-at-710867

1 person likes this

From what I've heard it's meant to be a CGI/Live action cross.

Darn it! I don't think there has ever been a movie that worked in that format that except 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'. And that was animation, not CGI.

I'm with you Skye, that rubs me the wrong way. It probably means there will be a totally unnecessary human lead. Why couldn't they just do a CGI movie with him battling Eggman? The other issue is a yearly release, that doesn't seem like the best idea for a film series to maintain good quality. Still, no point immediately writing it off, it is possible it could turn out well.

*Reads*

*Immediately notices live action*

WHY???!!! *Sighs* Well, at least we're actually GETTING a Sonic movie now. That's something. It seems like we're getting everything this year. A film, a cartoon series and a game where you can play someone OTHER THAN Sonic. It makes me feel happy

Oh, and with the film , while I'm a little annoyed that it's planned to be at least part live action, I there's nothing else to suggest it will be bad so I'll just wait and see for now

So, it's a live-action/animation hybrid? (Which, courtesy of Sonic Retro & Sonic Stadium, will apparently be part of a franchise with one movie released per year...)

[media=]

Right now, I don't really know how to react. And it's likely going to stay that way until a teaser/trailer is released for it. What I will say for now is:

1) At least Marza Animation Planet (the guys behind the Sonic Unleashed opening and Night of the Werehog) are likely working on the CGI. That's awesome!

2) Live-action crossed with CGI could mean a few different things; either we get something like Disney's Dinosaur, or... *shudders* ...The Smurfs.

3) If that 'one movie a year' part turns out to be true, then I will be much more worried. Especially since other examples of this are the Matrix sequels and Planes.

I don't know how to touch this one

Let's how it plays out

It could be great or total crap

You'll never know

With such little information to go off of, it's hard to judge the movie as of right now. The movie is supposed to be giving Sonic a fresh style while keeping the aspects that the fans love him for. I'll be keeping up with details on the movie. You never know, it could be great, it could be complete garbage (Like Sonic X or Sonic '06).

It's Weird. I prefer to see some Sonic Movies like the opening of Sonic Unleashed. That IS indeed the best. Will the movie they are working on involve humans? It better not.

Let's just wait for more details...

Edited by NMS

Hearing that it was part live action threw me off too. I've never really liked that style, but maybe just Eggman will be the live action part? Since he IS human and all. I dunno, but I'm really hoping it's going to be great. Fans have been wanting a GOOD sonic movie forever, don't ruin this chance, Sony!

I don't know how I should react to those news. I prefer for a ideal Sonic film an animation like we see in the Pixar (Mr. Peabody & Sherman) films or Blue Sky Studios (Ice Age), but a Real-Life/Animationfilm?

Worst. Idea. Ever. It's like the new Michael Bay film with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You can't just simply put animationcharacters in a reallife form!

And...I am sorry but a film. Meeeeeh...I don't jump up from my seat. In my opinion it is unnecessary.

And...I am sorry but a film. Meeeeeh...I don't jump up from my seat. In my opinion it is unnecessary.

It is probibly a case of Sony panicking after the VERY expensive Amazing Spiderman 2 only gave lukewarm returns, and they're looking for ANY franchise to give them a cash boost.

The writer of the new Sonic movie Van Robichaux has said that the movie isn't based on Sonic Boom. This is the only clue about the movie so far.

I wasn't really expecting it to be Sonic Boom. That would be too much too soon

All we know right now is SEGA has officially shared the news of a Sonic movie so it's most likely happening, it's not based on Sonic Boom, and it's CGI/Live action. I'm going to wait until we get more news before I develop a concrete opinion on seeing it or not.

Make a film based on SA or SA2? Now that would be interesting.... And possible a good move. Those who wouldn't want to see a Sonic Adventure Film would probably be those who wouldn't watch any Sonic film in the first place.

And it mean you get an easy film-game tie in. HD remakes of SA/SA2, which would sell like hot cakes.

I would say it would be better to leave SA2 for the sequel, and end the first film with a stinger showing Shadow, from a purely business sense. It would mean even if the film is bad, you might be able to drag Shadow fans to see the second.

Make a film based on SA or SA2? Now that would be interesting.... And possible a good move. Those who wouldn't want to see a Sonic Adventure Film would probably be those who wouldn't watch any Sonic film in the first place.

Buuuuuut I think SA and SA2 has a great storyline. I really loved the two games, but it was a storyline, that should be compleated. And to make a film with a storyline of these two games? Meeeh... Add a film based on the two games? I don't think the film could "beat" the perfect storyline so easy.

Interesting. i'll watch it. but if its like sonic x or '06, im staying faaaaaar away. if its like the adventure games, totally worth a watch

Well that's maybe gonna be way past cool, I hope that but i'm not sure.. eh, We almost getting everything this year, But i'll just wait and watch it, But seriously.... Live Action?.. Aw man...!

I'm sure everyone knows of the fanfilm by Eddie LeBron, and that was an okay film. Massive points goes towards getting Jaleel White to re-voice Sonic, plus all of the other cameos from various internet celebrities.

Truth be told, though, I kinda hope they take the 2007 TMNT route and give us a new story, instead of some BS origin story. Chances are they probably won't, and they won't reference the comics as much, either, since more people know the games than the comics.

if its live action who is going to play eggman

my only thought when I heard about the movie: "please don't suck. please don't suck... =_= I mean.. I'm really worried about all this. I'm a huge Sonic fan and I love all the comics, games, and the anime Sonic X as well... but just... LIVE ACTION! wha-? who? WHY? o_o