Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (2019 Movie)

203 posts in this topic

That would be awesome.  Seriously, that intro was amazing!

If they could make a whole game to that quality, or at least the same feeling that the intro gave off, that would be amazing. 

ok sonny it's 2015 where's my sonic the hedgehog movie which better have archie sonic comic characters in it

Breaking News it been confirmed the sonic movie is going to be release in 2016.

and I'm almost 100% certain it won't have comic characters since... well. Theyre comic specific. It'll have game characters with some random new ones most likely

From what I heard.. no it does not have any comic characters.. Probably only like Sonic, Tails, Eggman, (Amy and Knuckles maybe) and Sonic's "Uncle" (not Chuck) and some new villain... at least that's what they planned.. also humans... yeah... Though I guess they could've changed their plans...? I mean they did change the release day too so.. Maybe they found a better solution for the movie.. hopefully it won't ruin Sonic's image like.. *cough* Sonic 06 *cough* *cough*

hopefully it won't ruin Sonic's image like.. *cough* Sonic 06 *cough* *cough*

Let's be honest, outside the fandom Sonic's image IS already ruined.  Every time a step is made to fixing it (Generations) they wreak it again (Lost World or Boom.  Note, not commenting on how good/bad those are, just how they appear to the general public)

The worst this film will do is make those who think the Sonic franchise should die feel smug.

1 person likes this

ok sonny it's 2015 where's my sonic the hedgehog movie which better have archie sonic comic characters in it

Slow down there partner let's save the Archie characters for another Sonic the Hedgehog film. Also I think the director only focused on the games and nothing else, it's not because he doesn't know they exist it because all he want is a movie that take places during the game's world the question now is which one?

Sooo, it's been a while since we heard anything about the new Sonic movie. The only bit of news I've dug up; is, after it's turnaround bh the studio, Sony is no longer working on the project, but Paramount has taken on the task of the Sonic movie. Tim Miller, who you may know as the director for Deadpool, is coming on as the executive producer for the Sonic movie as well. If any mew news pops up, I'll try and keep y'all updated.

1 person likes this

Once thing is for sure: being a movie about a super-sonic hedgehog, the production seems to go too slow.

Jokes aside, they're taking too much time, in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, we have been hearing from this movie since 2014. And it's supposed to come out in 2019. I mean, they still have time, and I know this kind of massive budget films needs a lot of time to even start the creation process, but I can't be the only one slightly upset with this situation...

Once thing is for sure: being a movie about a super-sonic hedgehog, the production seems to go too slow.

Jokes aside, they're taking too much time, in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, we have been hearing from this movie since 2014. And it's supposed to come out in 2019. I mean, they still have time, and I know this kind of massive budget films needs a lot of time to even start the creation process, but I can't be the only one slightly upset with this situation...

I SO WISH it isn't going to be CGI and real actors mixed like Space Jam... ;_; They were thinking about it. Also Sonic would've had ANOTHER Uncle besides Chuck who he lives with and a new Hawk villain/hero?

Okay, I knew about the CGI/Live-action thing (something I don't personally like either, but we'll see how they handle it)...

...but they want to give Sonic A DIFFERENT FAMILY? AND CREATE NEW CHARACTERS??

Now I'm worried...

1 person likes this

Okay, I knew about the CGI/Live-action thing (something I don't personally like either, but we'll see how they handle it)...

...but they want to give Sonic A DIFFERENT FAMILY? AND CREATE NEW CHARACTERS??

Now I'm worried...

Thaaaaaaaat's what they wrote at least

so yeh. I do so hope they took that idea and threw it in the trash where it belongs

Some ideas get lost in the pre-production process (tell that to superhero movies nowadays), so let's just hope those are examples of that...

1 person likes this

We got some kind of big announcement! So, apparently, the Sonic movie is supposed to be set for release on November 15th in 2019. Hopefully the movie will release world wide in 2019. 

We got some kind of big announcement! So, apparently, the Sonic movie is supposed to be set for release on November 15th in 2019. Hopefully the movie will release world wide in 2019. 

Oh wow. Cool! Finally a date for it! I mean this year I'm waiting for FNaF movie, and A Silent Place, and maybe Alita! (also Waiting for that Sly Cooper movie I saw a teaser like 4-5 years ago....)

(also Waiting for that Sly Cooper movie I saw a teaser like 4-5 years ago....)

Last I heard, that's being restructured into a TV series. But there's been little-to-no word about it since, so it's hard to say if it'll ever become a thing at all.

(also Waiting for that Sly Cooper movie I saw a teaser like 4-5 years ago....)

Last I heard, that's being restructured into a TV series. But there's been little-to-no word about it since, so it's hard to say if it'll ever become a thing at all.

WHAT?! NO NO NONONONONONO! I need the movie! ;_;

From what I heard, I thought Insomniac was planning on doing what they did with the Ratchet and Clank movie. Have a game to coincide with the movie.

1 person likes this

From what I heard, I thought Insomniac was planning on doing what they did with the Ratchet and Clank movie. Have a game to coincide with the movie.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! That's a good idea, I really liked Ratchet and Clank movie, even with all the references to to our world. 

1 person likes this

Same! I’m looking forward to see how they pull this one off though, there hasn’t been a Sly Cooper game in years.

1 person likes this

Insomniac aren't working on a Sly Cooper game. No-one is. Last I checked, there's been no word on a new Sly game since Thieves in Time.

And since Rainmaker Studios (the guys that animated the Ratchet and Clank film) ditched the Sly movie project last year, effectively killing the movie before it was even made, there'd be no point in making any form of tie-in.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a Sly movie (and any video game connected to it) ain't happening. There's the proposed TV show, and that's it.

Edited by NegaMetallix

Welp, I guess that shows how much I’m in the times... That’s too bad though.

Insomniac aren't working on a Sly Cooper game. No-one is. Last I checked, there's been no word on a new Sly game since Thieves in Time.

And since Rainmaker Studios (the guys that animated the Ratchet and Clank film) ditched the Sly movie project last year, effectively killing the movie before it was even made, there'd be no point in making any form of tie-in.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a Sly movie (and any video game connected to it) ain't happening. There's the proposed TV show, and that's it.

Well there goes my hopes and dreams... the tv show BETTER be GOOD quality CGI and none of that usual crap.

Well there goes my hopes and dreams... the tv show BETTER be GOOD quality CGI and none of that usual crap.

From the looks of it, the animation studio that are set to create this series are the same ones behind Sonic Boom (among other things).

So I'd imagine that the Sly series will have a similar level of animation quality to those shows.

1 person likes this