Lino Blythe

Childhood Movies

23 posts in this topic

So let's all talk about our childhood memories that cinema had to offer!~

The Pagemaster

Now that movie was and always is my favorite childhood movie and I love it so much. It's just basically about a kid facing his fears. I really recommend it since the coolest part about it, is it goes from real-life into a cartoon and the way it does that is just amazing. I think you all would love it!

I had a lot of childhood movies.... and most of them were... Disney films.

I know little girls my age back then would swoon over the idea of princesses and princes but not me. And to tell you the truth, I hated the princess-themed ones, well maybe except for Beauty and the Beast and Mulan *yeah, I know Mulan was not a princess but most of the time, she is grouped alongside the other princesses*. I love the films where they featured animals and nature and stuff *like The Lion King, Bambi, Tarzan, etc.*. I also came to love the films that focus on familial relationships and friendships *The Incredibles, Lilo and Stitch, Meet the Robinsons, etc*

And as for real life films... I guess one of my early childhood movies were Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings.

Did anyone else see 'Flight of Dragons' when they were a kid? That's the film that introduced me to fantasy.

Name's familiar... What's it about, Skye?

I haven't Cal but it sounds interesting. More info pleeaaaase~

I'll try. It's been a while...

It's set in a medieval times, except magic, dragons etc are really. But because belief in science is rising, this is causing magic to weaken. Except for the evil wizard, who has a crown artifact to keep his powers high, and prepares to take over the world with his dragon army.

You good wizards take a man from modern times who a mystic vision reaves will be be to defeating the evil wizard (alas, the one downside, it's an author self-insert!). Unfortunately, due to an accident with magic, he ends up possessing a dragon, and spends most of the film that way.

Well it sounds interesting... I might go check it out~

Why, just... Why have I not heard of this film? I will make it my purpose in life to find it!

Anybody have any others to share?~

I wanna hear more~

I remember Dumbo. That elephant was always weird to me XD

Lol. And Skye, it was the wrong movie that I told you. xD But it seems kinda interesting. :)

Well, I also happen to watch Ghibli Films (Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, etc) in the past.

Skye, I've seen that!!

Well, hehe- might sound weird but I didn't watched many movies. Back then I was EXTREMELY obedient (not that I am not now,, but back then I used to even keep aside simple logic) So when my parents said kids shouldn't watch movies, I took that thing too seriously to ever even 'ask' to watch a movie. But my parents did 'forcibly' made me watch some.

First one I strongly remember is Jurassic Park, THAT TOO IN A THEATER. I was so scared :c And then Spiderman.

After that, some barbie movies and late some pokemon ones with some other movies (flight of the dragons being on of them) in between.

Oh, and Kill Bill...what?

Really? Someone else who saw Flight Of Dragons! Yay!

So... your parents said you shouldn't see films... then showed you Jurassic Park....? That's just... wow.

Yay! :3 It was a very nice movie *unconditionally hides the fact she doesn't remembers much*

I was 5 then, and they never took me to movie theater in past, so they said, "whynawt". They really didn't knew I'd be scared (because, honestly- I was a brave kid *proud*)

Look at you being brave. They probably gave you chocolate like a Scooby Snack ;P

The Golden Compass, The 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! movies, Nim's Island, and Ponyo. I still LOVE Ponyo though!

my childhood.. Disney Movies, when I was 6 The Mummy 2, when I was 8 I watched Dracula and Headless Rider... (old horror movies), oh and of course Pokemon movies xD

My childhood movies were the old Sonic OVA, Hercules (Disney), Dumbo (I still hate the Pink Elephants...), Pokémon: The First Movie, Land Before Time, and The Wizard of Oz.

My childhood movies were the old Sonic OVA, Hercules (Disney), Dumbo (I still hate the Pink Elephants...), Pokémon: The First Movie, Land Before Time, and The Wizard of Oz.

You have no idea how much I wish I saw Sonic OVA as a kid! DX

don't we all wish that Lino? and of course The Land Before Time!! the original one! made me cry.. I recently re-watched it and cried so much... and yeah Dumbo.. we ALL hate those Pink Elephants... those scary annoying elephants...