NeKit

Regarding the comics

85 posts in this topic

If you've been redirected here trying to view the comics, let me explain.

The problem is, Sonic SCANF is currently running out of bandwidth:

3 TB of 3 TB used / 288.22 GB free

Unfortunately, we can't afford more traffic for now. In an effort to somehow lower the usage until the end of the month, we've decided to allow only registered users to access the comics.

I understand that this may seem annoying and I'm sorry, but please, understand, that this is done in order to keep the site running. If you like it here, it shouldn't be too hard to register and leave a few posts to show your appreciation.

edit by Lunar Chaos: I think this thread has lived its course, there's nothing left to discuss, everything's already been said. If you are new to the forums and don't know where to start, we have plenty of other boards, Sonic and not-Sonic related. You can also introduce yourself in the introduction topic, if you want.

Edited by Lunar Chaos
updated
3 people like this

Also, guys, while I'm not speaking for the entire site, please don't be immature and make topics like "the rules are stupid" or "why don't you respect the guests" or something. The whole site could potentially go down, like it did back in March due to hitting the bandwidth limit, and nobody wants that, right? If you like the site so much that you visit it regularly, it shouldn't be too hard for you to at least register and make a few posts. We don't usually place pointless and arbitrary restrictions, but this time we have to. Please understand, so we wouldn't have to bring it up again, otherwise your posts and topics on the matter will be trashed.

3 people like this

It is understandable, and does make sense, but I have to admit it feels annoying.

3 people like this

Yeah, registering and browsing the comics is completely free.

2 people like this

We're researching alternative possibilities to lower bandwidth usage. If you want, you can suggest something in this thread (or on our IRC channels on irc.badnik.net, #sonicscanf and #sonicscanf-en) and we can discuss the project's feasability. It pains us to know that, even temporarily, fans can't access the comics for now. We also know that for everybody who bothers to make an account and follow our progress, there are probably ten more people who are not speaking of it, but suffering in silence. Alone. Comicless. Perhaps even... terrified? We all wish to restore full capabilities as soon as possible.

1 person likes this

Is everything ok? I really hope you guys don't crash. I wanted to ask how long does it take for you guys to update the comics with new comics? Ex. STH # 248, SU #52, etc

1 person likes this

It's only a minor inconvenience. Thanks for doing your best.

1 person likes this

Getting to read the Sonic comics for free? It's worth registering for.

It took me a while to get the account set up though. :( I had to make a new E-mail account altogether. Checked my spam settings and everything, but oh well. :)

2 people like this

I can understand. Thanks for your troubles. Signing up in honestly a small price to pay for reading these great comics

1 person likes this

Well signing up will be worth it I think. This is a great place to read the comics (I only found this site last weekend) rather than watchin on youtube. Great work guys. Its also a great place for me to read over some of the comics then see if I want them...I do :D

I know this is such an annoying matter but signing up is worth it. :)

Completely understand. Thanks for existing and posting all of the comics, I really appreciate it.

Registration is pretty fast and easy anyway. Thanks for keeping this website up, btw! Getting to read all of this for free is totally worth it!

In all honesty, in Hindsight, it's almost amazing this hasn't happened sooner. You scan comics...for free, for all to see. You had ALL the reasons in the world to keep it from guests, and just say "You want this? Join up and get it." But you always kept it open to them. You have my understanding, my respect, and my support.

Now all we need is to get this place more lively on this end.

1 person likes this

this is a great site,love reading the comics here on a regular basis. ^_^

It will be a little bit of work logging in every time I want to read the comics but its very worth it.

Keep up the good work! :)

1 person likes this

Greetings from Spain!

Expect a lot of new registered users,if i can see Sonic comics,it is worth

Not to sound mean, but I have no idea where I can even get a link for the comics section.

Wait, nevermind. :P

Well I've been catching up with the large back-catalogue since November, so it's only fair I sign up. It not like its any real hassle, and it's great you guys put the comics up.

I just recently began reading the comics and I'm really grateful for everything you guys are doing to allow free reading, and becoming a member of the site makes things more fun in my opinion.