Inuki

Anime or Cartoon Recommendations?

26 posts in this topic

As the title says...

I'm currently in a quest for new anime and cartoon series/titles. So, here I am... humbly asking for your recommendations. It'd be great too, if you could share some little reviews. That way, not only are you encouraging me, you are also encouraging others who happen to drop by here. ^^,

And thank you in advance! ^^,

It depends mainly on your genre, but I can recommend an anime. Though it is a pretty deep one but it is probably the best introduction to the anime world.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

I could say To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun but I'm not sure if it's a very good introduction. Still a recommendation though. My signature girl is from that anime too.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is just insane. Very fun to watch though.

Cowboy Bebop is not my favorite, but is by many considered as a great introduction to the anime world.

Hmmm. I don't really need a proper introduction to the anime world. :) Been it that world for a long time now. XD

I already watched both versions of FMA. It's a truly a great anime.

As for your second recommendation, may I ask of the genre? Is it comedy?

Third, ah yes, I've heard of JoJo but I never had the time to watch it. Is it good, aside from the funny moments it has?

And lastly, I was able to watch a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Its really nice, but I think I'm not in the mood to finish that one right now. XD

Thank you so much for your recommendations! ^^ I'll try watching the second one as soon as possible. :3

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to get into it :3

Yeh, FMA and it's sequel are true masterpieces. For me, no other anime has come this close to perfection.

Naaaah, fantasy (magic) and sci-fi mostly. Though it does contain comedy :3

It's pretty average. Aside from randomness, it also contains some great parts.

Ehh take your time, it took me a long time to complete cowboy.

(lol, I just read my previous post.. And... oh gawrsh, what happened to my English? xD I'm sorry, I was a bit sleepy when I posted it.)

I couldn't agree more. Even my friends who are non-anime fans who have watched FMA managed to give an overall positive review on the series.

Ah, I see. I wanna see how the magic and sci-fi themes blend in with each other. This, I MUST see!

Oh. Okay, though I think it was dubbed as one of the best classics out there.

Lol. I may finish it one day. XD

Overall, thanks for everything! ^^

No problem buddy. Here, have a video of Last Order <3

1 person likes this

That. Is soooo cute! And awww. the song fits perfectly well. :3 Are they the official couple for this show?

I really wanna watch this soon! (Come on internship! Finish already! XD)

Naah, Accelerator (the guy) just takes care of her. Let's see... I'm going to explain it with as less spoilers as possible.

Last Order is someone who is a key to several dissastrious happenings. Accelerator at first didn't care for her (which you will understand if you watch the anime) but after some baddies used her to activate one of those disasters, he realizes that he has to protect her. He even went so far that he partually lost his esper abilities, which in turn basically throws him from the throne of strongest esper.

Few spoilers, but meh.

Thanks for the lil' spoilers. :D

The guy's an esper? Cool! And I feel kinda sorry for him for throwing away his esper abilities. Though, I think he still did the right thing. :D

Uh, comedy I would say go watch Excel Saga, Joshiraku, Kill me Baby, or +tic Neesan.

Cringe worthy/comedy, there's Watamote.

Action, cartoons, that new movie son of batman. Also the Young Justice cartoon was alright. Animewise G Gundam, if you wanna naruto/bleach/one piece u can.

Also C Control is one of favs that was released.

You could look through the or the thread.

It all really depends on what Anime you like and have watched, though. Do you mind telling us more?

Uh well if you like humor and action I think Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist and Full Metal Alchemist are great examples.

In the last days I watch Watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo omaera ga warui (I know long title - only 12 episodes). It's a girl, who is a outsider of the school and she try to integrate in her class but in the ways she do...it's complete hilarious. Really hilarious.

And do you heared about Dangan Ronpa (around 13 episodes)? It is a PSP game and an anime. Monobear, a principal of a school and a teddybear put students with different personalities in his school. The only way to get out of the school is, that one character have to kill another. Is one corpse found, a school trial opens and the other students have to find the offender. Otherwise they will be killed and the murderer can go out of the school.

For Cartoons. Well I watch now a lot, but I don't think you like He-Man P:

Now on ...Hub (I don't know which channel) there is Ultimative Spider-Man and well it's mixed with action and humor. 2 Seasons and I think the super heroes are well represented (like Wolverine, Deadpool or Nick Fury) and Spider-Man has this old attitude to be a nerd in school, but a superhero in the battles (like in the old movies).

You can try case closed.

I enjoyed it.

Ahh. That's another great anime too. Finished 2 seasons and 3 movies. Still planning on continuing it someday. :D And it's called Detective Conan here at my place. :D

Uh, comedy I would say go watch Excel Saga, Joshiraku, Kill me Baby, or +tic Neesan.

Cringe worthy/comedy, there's Watamote.

Action, cartoons, that new movie son of batman. Also the Young Justice cartoon was alright. Animewise G Gundam, if you wanna naruto/bleach/one piece u can.

Also C Control is one of favs that was released.

Thanks! Some of the titles are familiar, though I've never watched them in the first place (just read them somewhere). I may read some reviews soon about them. ^^, Also, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are kind of mainstream for me (please don't hurt me for saying that. *hides*). I want to watch other anime that are not as worldwide famous as the above mentioned three. :3

You could look through the or the thread.

It all really depends on what Anime you like and have watched, though. Do you mind telling us more?

Ah, I've been to those threads. :) I'm a big fan of CLAMP works. So yeah. And my genre usually involves a lot action, adventure, comedy, mystery, slice of life and seinen. Though, I wanna explore other genres too. So, I'm pretty much open to any suggestion. Provided that I like the plot line. :D

Uh well if you like humor and action I think Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist and Full Metal Alchemist are great examples.

In the last days I watch Watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo omaera ga warui (I know long title - only 12 episodes). It's a girl, who is a outsider of the school and she try to integrate in her class but in the ways she do...it's complete hilarious. Really hilarious.

And do you heared about Dangan Ronpa (around 13 episodes)? It is a PSP game and an anime. Monobear, a principal of a school and a teddybear put students with different personalities in his school. The only way to get out of the school is, that one character have to kill another. Is one corpse found, a school trial opens and the other students have to find the offender. Otherwise they will be killed and the murderer can go out of the school.

For Cartoons. Well I watch now a lot, but I don't think you like He-Man P:

Now on ...Hub (I don't know which channel) there is Ultimative Spider-Man and well it's mixed with action and humor. 2 Seasons and I think the super heroes are well represented (like Wolverine, Deadpool or Nick Fury) and Spider-Man has this old attitude to be a nerd in school, but a superhero in the battles (like in the old movies).

Already watched Soul Eater, Aoi no Exorcist and FMA. :3

That's cool. I might check some reviews for it sometime soon. ^^,

Interesting plot line. Mystery, blood, gore and stuff! I like it. :3

And as for the cartoons... You wouldn't believe it but classic He-Man was one of my childhood cartoons. XD

Cool. I used to watch superhero cartoons, but never liked it. xD

If a Combination of Slice of Life, Action, and Comedy's your cup of tea. I personally would recommend the Tenchi series (Muyo, Universe, In Tokyo, Ryo-Ohki, GXP, and possibly War on Geminar) and Persona 4 the Animation. (Surprised Blaze2Fire didn't mention that one. XD)

Any one of the Tenchi Animes would are pretty good, doesn't matter which one you'd prefer, since Muyo, Universe, and In Tokyo are different continuities, Ryo-Ohki and GXP are both spin-offs of Muyo, and I honestly haven't watched War on Geminar yet.

Persona 4 the Animation's actually pretty good, speaking as someone who has played the game and watched the Anime myself. ^_^

Good lord, if I gave my full list of the ones I've completed, currently, watching, or rewatching, there'd be at least 30. Some ongoing ones right now are

Blade & Soul- assassin girl getting revenge for her fallen clan

Black Bullet- bug apocalypse where trained soldiers and half blood children fight to save humanity

Captain Earth- gundam type stuff

Nisekoi- school love story

No Game No Life- fantasy strategy battle to rule the virtual(?) world

Mekakucity Actors- i honestly have no idea whats going on yet, but it's interesting. It gives me a monogatari series vibe

Hitsugi no Chaika- daughter of a war king trying to collect her fathers remains with the help of two former warriors fighting against the military in midevial(ish) times

I feel like I'll have to organize my full list into genres if I want to post it, though a few/lot are main series that most of you I'm sure will have already seen, if not heard about. If you want more comedy based stuff, I can give you those ones specifically.

Edited by Knuckles The Echidna
1 person likes this

And as for the cartoons... You wouldn't believe it but classic He-Man was one of my childhood cartoons. XD

Cool. I used to watch superhero cartoons, but never liked it. xD

Now I only watch the TV show of He-man from the year 2002. I think the storyline is better and the animation of the characters. Too bad, that season 3 was cancelled.

But yea Dangan Ronpa has many blood (not like Elfen Lied but you will like it) and the story how the main character get the murderer is really cool. Sometimes you have to think who can be the murderer and sometimes you are right but - sometimes it is a person, who you don't expect, that he can do it :'D

If a Combination of Slice of Life, Action, and Comedy's your cup of tea. I personally would recommend the Tenchi series (Muyo, Universe, In Tokyo, Ryo-Ohki, GXP, and possibly War on Geminar) and Persona 4 the Animation. (Surprised Blaze2Fire didn't mention that one. XD)

Any one of the Tenchi Animes would are pretty good, doesn't matter which one you'd prefer, since Muyo, Universe, and In Tokyo are different continuities, Ryo-Ohki and GXP are both spin-offs of Muyo, and I honestly haven't watched War on Geminar yet.

Persona 4 the Animation's actually pretty good, speaking as someone who has played the game and watched the Anime myself. ^_^

I'll try the Tenchi ones first. Seems interesting. :D

Ah yes. A friend of mine has suggested Persona 4 before. But I was too lazy to check it out before. Hopefully now, I'll be able to do so. XD

Good lord, if I gave my full list of the ones I've completed, currently, watching, or rewatching, there'd be at least 30. Some ongoing ones right now are

Blade & Soul- assassin girl getting revenge for her fallen clan

Black Bullet- bug apocalypse where trained soldiers and half blood children fight to save humanity

Captain Earth- gundam type stuff

Nisekoi- school love story

No Game No Life- fantasy strategy battle to rule the virtual(?) world

Mekakucity Actors- i honestly have no idea whats going on yet, but it's interesting. It gives me a monogatari series vibe

Hitsugi no Chaika- daughter of a war king trying to collect her fathers remains with the help of two former warriors fighting against the military in midevial(ish) times

I feel like I'll have to organize my full list into genres if I want to post it, though a few/lot are main series that most of you I'm sure will have already seen, if not heard about. If you want more comedy based stuff, I can give you those ones specifically.

Thanks for the list, Knuckles. :D Can you please give me more comedy stuff? If that's okay with you. :3

Now I only watch the TV show of He-man from the year 2002. I think the storyline is better and the animation of the characters. Too bad, that season 3 was cancelled.

But yea Dangan Ronpa has many blood (not like Elfen Lied but you will like it) and the story how the main character get the murderer is really cool. Sometimes you have to think who can be the murderer and sometimes you are right but - sometimes it is a person, who you don't expect, that he can do it :'D

I see, I see. Never watched the current He-Man as of now. XD I'm sorry.

Ah. Nice. *thumbs up* The story reminded me of another anime title and that is 'Another' -an anime that really makes you wonder who the 'ghost' is. And the twist was great too. xD

Danganronpa is a great mystery; I would complain that there are massive bits of foreshadowing at the beginning of each arc, and the mysteries are relatively easy to solve. Some of the tricks are obvious just because they hadn't been used yet, like

suicide, recycling dead bodies, and intentionally misleading the others as to the order of murders (you can also find the culprit to this mystery based entirely on the fact that the culprit is the one who made like 75% of the observations)

, so you're likely to solve half of the murders more or less before they occur. In the anime, you probably won't solve the murders until the trial because you can't look around the room or analyze the evidence. You'll also miss the awesome gameplay of the trial, so I'd recommend the PSP/Vita game above the anime if possible. The mysteries may not be too challenging (especially since each mystery is relatively simple due to each murder generally being confined to one short arc), but they are really fun to solve.

If you want a truly difficult and clever mystery, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni is the way to go. As a bonus, the Higurashi anime is actually great and generally doesn't abridge important information, and it has dubs if you're into that (The second time I watched Higurashi, I watched the English dub. It's not terrible, though Keiichi sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog). To fully experience Umineko, the sound novels are the way to go, though. You won't regret it.

1 person likes this

Thank you for this. I'll look into these as soon as I finish reviewing every last anime everyone has given me. ^^,

I have a new one! I watched when I was a kid and after Fullmetal Alchemist I watched again, because it is so beautiful C:

Name of the anime is Oban Star Racers.

Hmm, some comedies with a little action and/or drama

Toradora (school love comedy, little bit of feels, but its great)

Space Dandy (it's about a dandy guy, in space. thats the best review i can give XD)

Log Horizon (people get sucked into an rpg they play and have to learn how to live there. season 2 of this is coming out soon too ^u^)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (giant robots and humans vs monster type thingys. really funny and a lot of action)

Kill La Kill (high school girl wants to avenge her fathers death. Pretty funny in a weird way. Also the people of tengen made it)

2 people like this

Hmm, some comedies with a little action and/or drama

Toradora (school love comedy, little bit of feels, but its great)

Space Dandy (it's about a dandy guy, in space. thats the best review i can give XD)

Log Horizon (people get sucked into an rpg they play and have to learn how to live there. season 2 of this is coming out soon too ^u^)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan (giant robots and humans vs monster type thingys. really funny and a lot of action)

Kill La Kill (high school girl wants to avenge her fathers death. Pretty funny in a weird way. Also the people of tengen made it)

Thanks for this! And I think I watched an episode for Log Horizon. It is kinda funny. :P

I have a new one! I watched when I was a kid and after Fullmetal Alchemist I watched again, because it is so beautiful C:

Name of the anime is Oban Star Racers.

It seems familiar. I think I heard of this before. I think.

if you want to watch horror anime

- Corpse Party

- Another

- Ghost Stories (this one is not really all that scary but I myself thought it was good and interesting story) though some of the monsters were... too much o_o''

- Kakurenbo (only one episode and a bit problems with volume.. but interesting wish they would've done more)

- Tokyo Ghoul (going to watch second season! awesome! if you're going to buy the DVD there will be lots of gore and blood) the tv version won't show these things which kinda kills the mood...

Adventure/comedy/action anime

- One Piece (super long series but AWESOME story, characters! PIRATES!!)

- Fairy Tail (haven't watch this much yet but same as the first one (except a bit shorter anime and no pirates... WIZARDS!!/MAGICIANS!!)

- Bleach (about + 300 episodes, great story and characters.. SHINIGAMI!! xD)

- Shakugan No Shana (interesting story, ACTIOOON!!) I've only watched the first season so far.. (FAN SERVICE ALERT!) not most of the time at least and it's not at least as bad as in.. To Love-Ru... or.. Dokuro Chan...

Comedy (at least most of the time)

- Cuticle Tantei Inaba (you don't have to think it's just pure randomness I almost died because I laughed too much! xD but this has a bit of a dark side)

- Beelzebub (it actually has good story and there is character development and this one's got action!!)

Sad/Romantic anime

- Anohana

- Clannad

- Angel Beats

- Kotoura-San

- Toradora

(saaaaaaad I cried so much ;___; but these anime's got good stories and characters)

if someone read this till the end... THANK YOU very much!!

And of course if you haven't yet watched the good old Sailor Moon.. Waaaaaaaaatch it :D (though I still haven't watched it myself it is THE Mahou Shoujo series that started the entire genre! everyone who watch Mahou Shoujo anime should watch it CLASSIC!)

And of course Cardcaptor Sakura!!! It's old Mahou Shoujo series but still.. It's great. Interesting story.. I still have like 10 episodes and all though it was a bit "childish" I still watched the first 6 episodes in a row xD and would've watched more but I had to sleep! Oh and Shaman King!! cool Shonen series, interesting world, characters/development and man the music! They really know how to make action scenes even in the older animes... And though some episodes and moment go by fast there are some feels here and there.. So prepare yourself for that! It is pure awesomeness at least it was for and I hope it is for you too!

1 person likes this