Gabe

Emulators

14 posts in this topic

On here, we can share our links and excitements about Emulators. Hehe. And you can get free games for your Emulators by clicking this link. http://coolrom.com/ Enjoy! ^_^

The only emulator I have is My Boy! on Android. It's for GameBoy Advance games. So far I've only got 3 games (all of which were given by a friend of mine)

• Pokemon Emerald
  • Sonic Advance 3
  • Sonic Battle

My favorite Genesis emulator is definitely Kega Fusion myself, and it's great for SMS games if I don't need debugging features. Other than that, if I need debugging features Meka! is the best SMS emulator. :) I also use VisualBoyAdvanceM emulator for any gameboy emulation.

1 person likes this

DeSmuME is an awesome emulator; the only emulator I know that even tries to do good emulation other than it is No$GBA, but it's proprietary.

If you all somehow haven't heard of Dolphin, give it a try. Even on a moderate computer, it emulates Gamecube and Wii games. The nice thing about Dolphin is that most of the games are 3D. The Wii and Gamecube hardware only support 480p video, but the Dolphin emulator can output HD video (and it works well). This goes far beyond the usual graphics filters that 2D emulators use. The result is that you can play the Sonic Adventures in full 1080p (although now that a version for the PC has come out on Steam, it is a bit superfluous; I still maintain that SA:DX actually performs better in Dolphin than in the official PC port).

Funny story: Back when GerbilSoft announced Gens/GS Sonic 2 HD Edition, I somehow did not pick up on the fact that he was joking around. I was legitimately excited by the idea.

Here's a good Ars article about emulators, focusing on the importance of accuracy.

1 person likes this

I have heard of a Dolphin Emulator before, because all I want to play on the Dolphin Emulator is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

14090_front.jpg

Last time I played Melee on Dolphin, it had some minor graphical glitches, but it was very playable. Especially if you hook up a controller to it. It's likely improved since then; Melee is such a popular game, and while we're not at the point where Gamecubes, Wiis, or Melee discs are becoming rare, such a situation is probably inevitable. There's a fair amount of interest in preserving it for the future, which is reasonable. Imagine a future where your favorite sport is just gone!

By the way, has anyone tried to use a Dreamcast or Saturn emulator?

1 person likes this

Hmm. Don't know if I have played Sega Dreamcast or Saturn games. Anyhow, the Virtual Consoles for both Wii U & 3DS are kind of like emulators, too. ;)

Well I have Emulators for PS2 : PCSX2 , GBA : My boy! , DS : DeSmuME , Game Cube and WII : Dolphin. And some others for older games. like N64 and PS1.

Well Dolphin kinda runs VERY slow on my pc, Others are good. I really wanted to play The Metroid Prime games but it is really slow on dolphin.

In My Boy! on android i play lots of game but the top ones are : Megaman Battle networks , Metroid Fusion and Zero mission and Pokemon Light Platinum ( I named myself "oon" in the respect of my first RANDOM name that i entered in emerald and liked it.)

In PCSX2 the top ones are : DBZ Tenkaichi 3 and Budokai 3 and SuperDBZ and DBZ Infinite World, Shadow of the Colossus ( A MASTER GAME!! GOD OF GAME!!! ), Yu-gi-oh Tag Force EVO

In DeSmuME : Yu-gi-oh Over The Nexus, One Piece Gigant Battle 2, Chrono Trigger, Metroid Prime Hunters And Castelvania Order of ecclesia.

1 person likes this

Well I have Emulators for PS2 : PCSX2 , GBA : My boy! , DS : DeSmuME , Game Cube and WII : Dolphin. And some others for older games. like N64 and PS1.

Well Dolphin kinda runs VERY slow on my pc, Others are good. I really wanted to play The Metroid Prime games but it is really slow on dolphin.

In My Boy! on android i play lots of game but the top ones are : Megaman Battle networks , Metroid Fusion and Zero mission and Pokemon Light Platinum ( I named myself "oon" in the respect of my first RANDOM name that i entered in emerald and liked it.)

In PCSX2 the top ones are : DBZ Tenkaichi 3 and Budokai 3 and SuperDBZ and DBZ Infinite World, Shadow of the Colossus ( A MASTER GAME!! GOD OF GAME!!! ), Yu-gi-oh Tag Force EVO

In DeSmuME : Yu-gi-oh Over The Nexus, One Piece Gigant Battle 2, Chrono Trigger, Metroid Prime Hunters And Castelvania Order of ecclesia.

Wait a sec. You played Yu-gi-oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus, too?! I never knew that. \(^o^)/

170681_front.jpg

Of course i did. I'm a fan. Well Only a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh games, not the anime.

I'm kind of a fan on both. And come to think that maxing out your life points as it increases has gone way off the charts. (^o^)

I use Visual boy advance and i recently started playing DeSume, i don't really like DeSume because of the slow down, but i have gotten used to it. the games i play on them are

Visual Boy Advance:

-Pokemon Red

-Pokemon Silver

-Pokemon Emerald

-Pokemon Fire Red

-Pokemon Ash Gray (Hack)

-Mario and Luigi superstar saga

-Mega Man and Bass

DeSume:

-Pokemon Soul Silver

1 person likes this

The Game Boy Advanced game I do like to try is "Warioware Inc. Mega Microgame$".

52510_front.jpg