Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalSkulkBane_PL

Sonic the Hedgehog atop of 4th wall?

8 posts in this topic

It came to my attention that Linkara will review another Sonic comic. For those of you who don't know- Linkara is online comic book reviewer. However he is not a Sonic fan - so far he only reviewed Sonic Live: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/27810-at4w-100th-episode

He said that usually he's only asked to review Sonic, due bad artwork and continuity mistakes. Again, seeing he's not a fan, he doesn't care enough and thinks that he couldn't do justice to the story. I might add that Sonic fans can be...passionate about their opinions. If he said something they don't like- thing could get ugly. So my question is - what comics should he review?

My vote goes for Super Sonic Special 15. One time artwork might be enough to get comic reviewed, story is also bad, and back-up story isn't much better.

Other ideas: Endgame - probably not because its to continuity-heavy, but there are plenty stupid moments "accessible" to everyone, SSS 12,Sonic In Your Face, or maybe just first issues -they're not the worst but he already reviewed few just silly comics.

Opinions?

Fun fact: Linkara appears in background of Sonic the Hedgehog 257, on the same page where Amy saved Sonic.

Yeah, I've seen that. (At the end of his 'Red Hood & The Outlaws #1' review.) Part of me feels like it was just a joke, considering people had been begging him to review that particular DC comic after he did 'One More Day'. But, if he does actually review another Archie Sonic comic, I'll bet it will definately be something from the Penders Era, as I can't recall many issues from the Flynn Era that people hated. (Well, maybe 'Endangered Species'... but that just comes right back to Penders. Plus, I'd say it's too far into the old continuity for Linkara to review it.) I also highly doubt that he'll do something from the new continuity, or the crossover for that matter. Unfortunately, as I started reading from Issue #220 onwards, I don't have nearly as much knowledge of the older series as others here do, so I'll leave the specific guesses to them.

*Sight*

Well well....tune the volume of my headphones a little bit down so I can understand his voice. "It hurts the brain to think about this", no Mister, it hurts to hear you. He should drink some couple of tee. He is so agressive and has this oh-I-hate-everything-attitude. Make your own comicuniverse and you will see how exhausting it could be.

Well the Comic Sonic Lives is an OLD STYLE comic.

The comics have changed and as you can see in the old style comics or TV-series or the movies we have always this "hero have to surrender when the evil has prisoners to protect everyone" scene. The badass-attitude (which is not in the comic and he criticize it) where Sonic makes fun of Robotnik/Eggman comes later after 150 I would say, because Sonic is growing up.

I really like the idea of Sonic meets the real life world. It's a funny and crazy idea, so I don't understand his critic about that comic. Jeeeze.

He should review the main-storyline with his heroic parts (Mecha Madness, EndGame, I am the Eggman-szene, maybe the Scourge-thing around 190-196, Sonic Vs. Eggman (StH200), Sally turned to Mecha Sally, Worlds Collide) to get a better view of the Sonicworld.

Edited by Centaur Man

He generally reviews bad things. And while it would be awesome if he became a fan, I doubt that going to happen, so probably he wont read all these issues just for the sake of few reviews.

He generally reviews bad things. And while it would be awesome if he became a fan, I doubt that going to happen, so probably he wont read all these issues just for the sake of few reviews.

Yea I see some videos of the user. Is he always criticise comics?

It isn't (and thats only my opinion) the best solution to give the community critics, because its only one side. On the other hand he should search for some positive things in the universe where the comic is comming from :/

With Sonic Live gone, it's gotta be either the Sabrina crossover or Naugus Games (SSS#15 version), assuming that this is genuine and not just a joke on his part.

According to my persona having no personality, I actually enjoy the review, but I didn't think it was that bad.