vladikcomper

General Art Thread

706 posts in this topic

Here is my cover to my little children's book. It's really short and its about a cat so... You don't have show much interest in it. The name of the book is "Linzi's Journey". It can be read here; http://www.wattpad.com/58466602-linzi%27s-journey

[url=http://www.wattpad.com/58466602-linzi%27s-journey]

Edited by Nura

Dawwwww Eclipse. I love him.

But the tail is missing xP

One of my greatest drawings:

sonic_and_sly__cosplay_confusion_by_blueblur62391-d81biyb.jpg

Lol! Nice!

I've done a bit more drawing myself recently, but I'll just pop this one up here.

Amy Rose from the UA RP game.

amy_rose__universal_anarchy_by_calvin_skye-d81citf.jpg

Here's a few of my doodles and such (I tend to use Mephiles a lot, just as a warning) :

mephiles_and_the_giant_egg_by_raelogan-d683duj.png

(The joke, I hope, doesn't need much explanation for a Sonic Team fan... but in short: It's a juxtaposition of "Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg" and Mephiles, because Mephiles has the infamous "chicken comes from an egg" line)

well_this_is_a_problem____by_raelogan-d6sg4jw.png

(This is actually a remake of a scribble on paper I long since lost. No explanation, I just thought it was funny. I can see them both blaming each other for this predicament)

rae_mini_ref_sheet_2014_by_raelogan-d80fij8.png

(My avatar, and one of my many OCs I use. Rae here is actually sporting her 11th revision. No, she's not related to Tails, she just has twin tails because she's got a few "recessive genes" (I myself have a handful that are rare in my family). Her tails do nothing other than be used as a "storage unit" for her carry items, and occasionally for anchoring herself to ladders and tree branches. In my fanfic series, she happens to live next door to Shadow and Rouge, and is their "rather odd neighbor" who is there for the purpose of really watching their house when they get pulled on an adventure. She's tall for a usually seen Mobian because I thought it would be amusing if a Mobian Fox was actually larger than a Mobian Hedgehog when fully grown (She's actually a foot shorter than myself). Basically, she acts just like me, if not a bit sillier.)

it_s_october___by_raelogan-d81h0cn.png

(Here's Rae in a recent picture I did as a base for my Tumblr icon (The face was used) for Halloween. Like myself, Rae chews on her fingers when she's nervous.)

gotta_catch___em_all_by_raelogan-d4uh8qb.png

(Just a silly comic I did poking fun at how Mephiles and Omega's voices in Sonic 06 had been involved in Pokemon. In retrospect, I should have used Entei as the joke for Mephiles instead of Mewtwo, as Entei's voice is insanely similar to Mephiles' (being done by Dan Green, that's no surprise), but Dan Green also had done Mewtwo in "Mewtwo Returns", and the two share a bit more in similarities than with Entei. Really, the whole thing here was done because I wanted to put Omega in Meowth garb.)

tumblr_n6xuomuwX11rqd7tno1_1280.png

(A palette challenge I tried out.)

90s_mephiles_by_raelogan-d6pn9al.png

(This came around when I was talking with a friend and came to the conclusion that since Mephiles was brought into existence ten years prior to the main timeline in Sonic 06, that meant that Mephiles was "born" in 1996, and therefore a "Nineties Kid". So I made a 90s!Mephiles, neon colors, sideways baseball cap, cheap plastic sunglasses and 90s slang included.)

tumblr_mqxtk3QW7j1rqd7tno1_1280.png

(Part of a challenge. "Draw someone laughing" it said.)

fun_with_figures_by_raelogan-d4y0ybt.png

(Something I did with a few of my figures. The smaller Knuckles is very off model, and has blue off kilter eyes instead of purple, so the goofiness just wrote itself. XD )

mephiles_the_dark_gacha_custom_by_raelogan-d461oqf.png

(Had an extra Shadow figure, repainted it into Mephiles with some toothpicks)

I second what Lino says, those are really Darn good!

I agree with those two. Really really good

(That pokemon one made me giggle)

Aw, thank you! :D

I do fanart a lot, and I have the most fun with the Sonic style itself. ^w^

Here's a few more for ya:

sonic_boom__blue_arms__by_raelogan-d75j9wo.png

(Made once the Sonic Boom designs were announced. Also made a "Peach Arms" version because people started snapping at me at how I "did it all wrong", ha. This was in MSPaint with GIMP used to make the background transparent. I use those two programs a lot)

you__re_not_a_chicken____by_raelogan-d4n36sf.jpg

(This one my great-grandmother actually ended up with, since she liked the Chao here, though she keeps calling it a "bird" XD. She liked it well enough to sneak it from me, but not before I was able to scan is. Yes, apparently I even made my great-grandmother a Mephiles fan. The title of this one is "You're not a Chicken...", referring once again to the whole egg thing Mephiles got tacked on with. XD )

mephiles_and_his_chao_by_raelogan-d5dcgqq.jpg

(Kinda a sequel to the above image. Quite a few people wanted to see what sort of Chao Mephiles would end up raising. Basically, a modified Shadow Chao, it seems. This was drawn during the time I started to put scruff on the top of Mephiles' head, so that I didn't always have to color him so people could tell him apart from Shadow. I usually draw Mephiles with a scruffy look to his top quills, while Shadow gets a smoother look.)

my_sister_will_like_this_one_by_raelogan-d4oktf5.jpg

(I like Scourge quite a bit as well. And Scourge is pretty much the only character in the recent Sonic years that my sister happens to like, so I sort of like to find ways to get or find Scourge in something with Mephiles as a way to toss a shout out to my sister over the web. I happen to have a drawing from Ben Bates of Scourge and Mephiles in Zone Jail garb kinda standing together that I got for the same purpose of tossing a shout out to my sister. It's a bit of our code thing. XD )

bullshark_by_raelogan-d4xsv53.png

(This was actually another shout out to my sister, who said this phrase word for word quite often when we watched horror flicks together. Even out of context, it's still silly enough)

sonic_form_meme___mephiles_by_raelogan-d4z9ftj.png

(I have too much fun with Mephiles, as you can probably see. Since this one, I've actually gotten a bit better at drawing humans, so that panel is almost irrelevant now. The Knight panel was actually a nod to a cardboard suit of armor my brother did with the same materials when we were kids)

mephiles_doll_by_raelogan-d5i8r7r.png

(Forget Tails Doll! What about a Mephiles Doll? I'd buy that, honestly. XD )

sonic_boom___mephiles_fan_design_by_raelogan-d75jykg.png

(Before Shadow's Boom design was even announced (actually, did this around the time the core cast was shown), I had already staked my claim at making the first Boom!Mephiles fan design on the web. The idea was this: Mephiles uses the cloak to hide most of his similarities to Shadow. The bandage/tape stuff covers over his limb stripes, furthering in hiding what he really looks like. The cloak could hide most of his face, drawing attention away from the "no mouth" thing. I also have a head canon that Mephiles is sensitive to the sun (given that his skin seems to be a bit pale, and I myself have pale skin and will burn in the sun within the hour if I don't take precautions), and the cloak doubles as sun protection. He's also thinner than whatever Shadow was revealed to be, because scrawny brainy antagonists work well. I think I commented on the original post of this as "Think Season 2 Slade from "Teen Titans" and you get the idea of what to expect")

why_mephiles_is_still_single_by_raelogan-d6ee1cl.png

(A random comic that I did for the hey of it. I actually do not ship MephAmy (it's one of few ships I oppose greatly for many reasons), but I have seen a few great fanarts and stories that make it work well. But that's beside the point, this was all based around the sudden idea of Mephiles using "I could be anything you want me to be, girl..." as a pickup line.

solaris_hoodie_by_raelogan-d6s7at8.png

(Chibi Mephiles in a Solaris Phase 1 Hoodie. I tend to make Mephiles as cute as possible. XD )

Wow, those are still Darn good. And good at giving a chuckle!

Wow...those are awesome (and funny) RaeLogan!

Here's one of my favorite Sonic franchise related crossover fan art. ^_^ Can you guess who's this hedgehog is? :)

yuma_sonified_by_adi_aoi-d5fpmdu.png

Looks nice. You do seem to have caught the look!

I feel the need to tell you that that is wicked cute.

edit so i dont double post:

tumblr_nelugwTjKs1tv2at8o1_500.png

My favorite way to procrastinate is by doodling fanart. Sometimes putting effort into things is hard.

(theres also megaman in there because im a sucker for robots)

Edited by amymist

So I've put up a new Avatar, here it is in all it's, erm, glory... if you can call it that.

Teenaged Skye Prower. And my first attempt at colouring.

Teenage%2BSkye%2BColour%2BFinal.png

I wouldn't say he looks evil really though I can see where NMS is coming from here

He just seems to look like he's trying to look confident

Anyway. Awesome job on colours. Well done

Trying too hard to look confident!

And thanks Dylan