vladikcomper

General Art Thread

706 posts in this topic

Oh. My. Gosh.

I love it. The art is so pleasant, so clean... And watching one of your scripts (specially this one that I read time ago!) come to life in such gorgeous manner is awesome. Congratulations, Skye!

Awww, thanks Chaos!  But congrats have to go to the artist too!

Yea, of course! Props to both of you! 

Is there a way to see more work of this artist? Because I love that style, like I said, it's SO clean and the colours flow sooooo well... It looks great, outstanding, amazing, you get it...
The tumblr account you posted apparently belongs to an website/app designer, not a comic artist, so... is it the same person?

Huh... that's wierd.  It shouldn't.  I'll let him know.

(He's also one of the ASO artists so if you read some of the issues you'll find his art there too)

Maybe he is a web designer, and makes comics in his free time...

(Huh, I knew I've seen that art style before...)

More than one month, and no one has posted any new art here? Time to change that!

Here you something sugarized, spiced that might have something nice...

dd8j15z-214dc68d-c9f8-402b-9267-66990435

OOPS, Seems I accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...

The PowerPuff Girls reimagined as anime-esque characters (nothing new, I know) Still trying to get used to digital coloring. The background is a screenshot of the original TV show -so yeah, I didn't do it- and the girls themselves have some minor tweaks on their clothes (you know how much I love "minor-tweaking" already stablished desings)

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

More than one month, and no one has posted any new art here? Time to change that!

Here you something sugarized, spiced that might have something nice...

dd8j15z-214dc68d-c9f8-402b-9267-66990435

OOPS, Seems I accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...

The PowerPuff Girls reimagined as anime-esque characters (nothing new, I know) Still trying to get used to digital coloring. The background is a screenshot of the original TV show -so yeah, I didn't do it- and the girls themselves have some minor tweaks on their clothes (you know how much I love "minor-tweaking" already stablished desings)

You made Buttercup somehow look even MORE awesome? THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!? But seriously great frigging job man!

1 person likes this

Thanks, gurl! But we all know Buttercup's awesome, no matter who she's drawn by.

A little note that I didn't add: their hands look like that because I didn't want to separate the fingers too much, as a throwback to the "fingerless hands" the original designs had. But now that I look at them, that was a silly artistic choice...

Thanks, gurl! But we all know Buttercup's awesome, no matter who she's drawn by.

A little note that I didn't add: their hands look like that because I didn't want to separate the fingers too much, as a throwback to the "fingerless hands" the original designs had. But now that I look at them, that was a silly artistic choice...

I just thought it was more because of the style, I didn't even think about the lines or so, still looks good to me!

Now I think about it... I shouldn't have posted a Powerpuff Girls picture here, considering this is a thread for Sonic drawings!

I did a lot of drawings of Nack/Fang the weasel. ihave to say he is becoming one of my favorite characters.

just_drawing_pile_2019_02_by_silvori_dd7

2 people like this

So, I may have gotten a little too bored in the character creation in Soul Calibur VI...

image0.jpg

544750_20191112200941_1.png

544750_20191112201055_1.png

Took a little bit of work to get the gloves two-toned but I think it turned out pretty well for a recreation!

I'm always looking for some more inspiration if you'd like to see a character remade!

2 people like this

Nice, though beefier than I'd have expected! ;) 

If you're wanting to do more you could do the whole series of the Shinomi drawn avatars!

1 person likes this

Eh, SCVI always makes them beefy even at the slimmest settings. 

That is a good idea though! Main question is if I remember what they all look like... XD

I think many of us still have them as our avatars

Well, here's one I made for Geoffrey a while back.

544750_20191116192753_1.pngSoul Calibur version of Geoffrey!

3 people like this

Something about that image makes me feel awesome!

Who wouldn't feel awesome after seeing yourself as such a badass SoulCalibur character?

Well, even Sonic himself has come from Paramount Studios to see it!

ddtysxx-57e6b606-db86-4d12-9f19-7d89d90a

1 person likes this

Oooo nice! 

Speaking of, I should be making more art through the CaS on SCVI...

Sonic could have been a rabbit, Cream could have been a squirrel or a racoon, and Blaze could have been... errrr... whatever this is?

So, inspired by (not to say BLUNTLY RIPPING OFF) Blaze's prototype design, here comes who I called Mist the Chimera:

dd5xjzn-ae4324dc-9485-4c49-b71d-33a489a2

Yeah, it's obvious why to consider this a chimera: first of all, because we have no idea what kind of animal it was supposed to be. Maybe she could have been a lion, but female lions do not have that long mane... but the mythological Chimera does, as well as a snake for a tail, hence that creepy-looking tail with a face that resembles a dark wisp or that weird giant yellow ball Zazz carries around. To make her look weirder, her eyes are based of the ones that prototype version of Silver had. And she has no mouth, like Mephiles. 

Considering how many elements this design borrows from other characters that were or never were, this is a chimera in and out of character!

As for the name, Mist, well... she creates mist when she shows up (duh!) and is able to turn into a cloud. She might also have ice powers (the opposite to Blaze). I wanted to keep the dirty and imperfect texture of scanned pencil strokes to make it feel like the droplets of water and other particles are forming her body.

Thanks, Skye! 

Now, let's get the real deal, shall we? The one character that design never got to represent...

de9pgls-9c5d840e-1770-4f98-929d-d8172246

Blaze the Cat, blasting through in a fake comic page... with no background. I just found I scanned a pair of cool Blaze sketches, so I coloured them and made this.
The one narrating in the caption boxes would probably be Gardon the Koala, Blaze's guard from Sonic Rush Adventure.

Edited by ChaosKaiser

Hello I am back for... idk how long XD.  My first semester of art college is over and I can finally work on personal projects once again! Here is piece that I did not too long ago. Zhongli from Genshin Impact!

3F93176D-E5FF-4384-8B78-AA75DE78ED52.png

1 person likes this