Centaur Man

Non-Sonic Art Thread

419 posts in this topic

I tried scratch art for the first time today. It’s pretty small, but I like how it turned out. :)

image0.jpg

2 people like this

Oooh!  Looks good.  The ears have come out really well.

1 person likes this

Oooh!  Looks good.  The ears have come out really well.

Thank you! I thought so too. Drawing the ears is the most important part for me and also my favorite. It can really give the character some personality, like with scarred ears or flat ears, it helps give people kind of an idea of what they’ve been through or how they’re temperament might be.

Edited by KayphTheKnight

Awww, he looks so sad though :,C (but it's great nonetheless)

Awww, he looks so sad though :,C (but it's great nonetheless)

Yeah my animals tend to look that way lately.... My mom actually told me that what your drawing can relate to what your feeling, so maybe it’s cause I have to have surgery that it’s like that? :/ (It’s nothing big though. It’s just to help my mouth)

Agent_3_With_Mask.pngAgent_3_1.pngHere is one of my first digital drawings! As I as drawing it I was like, “Ooooooh this looking so goood....!” XD

1 person likes this

I think I've never shared any of my original non-Sonic characters here, so here's the first one, main character from a comic I haven't finished (and most likely never will, because I have no more than 10 pages done...):

dd6z06t-a3586dfd-592d-45cc-ab80-f52da0e6

Elvira Milfuegos, the Grilled Chicken Ninja!

Elvira is a young woman desperate to find a job. She eventually ends up working in the Chi-kin Chiken Shop, and her boss, Ramon (who asks to be called Ramen-sense) claims that Elvira has the power to command flames... and so must become the "Grilled Chicken Ninja" in order to defeat Rica Chonassi, a 10-year-old millionaire who threatens to demolish the entire district where the Chi-kin Chicken Shop is -using ultra-advanced mech suits- and build an ultra-polluting evil energy plant on its place!

But Elvira isn't alone on this insane fight... alongside her are B.G. and Lydia, the other two employees working for Ramen-sensei, who also have some special skills up their sleeves...

But before the final confrontation between the Chi-kin crew and Chonassi's forces of evil, Ramen-sensei must train Elvira in "martial arts" and fire manipulation (skill that she sort of has, but only once she absorbs enough heat)... although Elvira only wants to earn some money so that she can pay rent! 

Can the Chi-kin crew stop Rica's twisted plan? Is Elvira as powerful as Ramon thinks? Will Ramen-sensei pay Elvira?!

I know, the concept it's complete madness, and the names are quite Spanish (even though the aesthetic tries to be manga-like). Worst thing is, I haven't even talked about the secondary characters and some situations the characters have to face...

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

I think I've never shared any of my original non-Sonic characters here, so here's the first one, main character from a comic I haven't finished (and most likely never will, because I have no more than 10 pages done...):

Hidden Content

I know, the concept it's complete madness, and the names are quite Spanish (even though the aesthetic tries to be manga-like). Worst thing is, I haven't even talked about the secondary characters and some situations the characters have to face...

If they ever made anime about something like this, I would totally watch it. The idea sounds pretty cool to be honest. And the Mc looks ADORABLE :3

1 person likes this

Awwww, if they made an anime based on my silly non-existant manga, I'd be so happy... but I'd cry tears of joy if I knew YOU WERE WATCHING IT!!

Elvira's design tries to be cute but cool, considering the story would focus on comedy and action. Still, her overall appearance ended up reminding me of other cartoon characters you might have already noticed, so to me, she now feels like a poorly made rip-off of a lot of different sources.

As you have read, I tried to make a comic out of this idea. I'd post it here, but it might need a translation to English first, I only finished the first (really short) chapter...and the art is, well... let's say "not good". (anyway, you can see part of those pages behind the character)

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

So, this thread seems to be getting rusty... 

Let me revive it using the power of an impossible combination, child's innocence and raw willpower:

In brightest day, in darkest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
those who worship evil's might
beware my power...

YOTSUBA'S LIGHT?!

ddtnqjs-a6a1da59-553e-4fd9-9f1f-7d847eed

Yotsuba Koiwai riding a Danbo made from the energy of a Green Lantern Power Ring...??!!

[I even made a larger version of the picture, featuring the full body of the danbo (with a Kyle Rayner-esque "outfit") and some text welcoming our dear green-haired girl to the space force of planet Oa.]

Insane crossover, I know: a beloved japanese slice-of-life character using the power of american superheroes. 
But you already know how much I love both sides of the comic media... So why not to combine them.

Besides... they are both GREEN, amirite?? Huh???

1 person likes this

AAAAAAH <3 <3 SO PURE! SO CUTE!

Long time since someone posted here, huh... time to REACTIVATE this thread with a few of my mechanical creations: the Mechatronia Girls, A group of four robots inspired by subjects I'm studying now. I drew them for a poster (that was supposed to take part in a contest in my high school) but I had created these characters looooong ago as antagonists for a superhero I may show here someday... and now, let's talk about these mecha-gals:

dejj0y3-6653eac2-f7f5-43e7-bde6-997e271d

LADY VIRUTA: Master of Manufacturing. Able to create anything if given the right materials, she's fixed on building the finest components for the best machines. Calm, patient and an absolute workaholic, Viruta is a one-robogirl mass-producer... and potentially, a lethal fighter in close-quarters-combat. I mean, when you have saws, spinning claws and drills, you're as dangerous as useful...

dejj0xv-f4ac476b-45a5-483e-b850-6e3bf152

MICRA-CHAN: Perfectionist of Measurement. A curious machine, still naive to many things, Micra-chan is obsessed with knowing the dimensions, weight, volume and density of every single object known by mankind. Her curiosity can only be matched by her perfectionism and her desire for every object to have exact magnitudes.

dejj0xq-7984fe12-7dbc-42cf-a7c6-78d13bf7

NEUMA: Weaponizer of Air. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to jum tall buildings in a single bound, the infant of science is now the woman of preassure... Superman Neuma! Air surrounds us, and Neuma is well aware of it. She's a walking air compressor, pneumatic system and energetic athlete, all in one. As long as there's air she can process, Neuma will be able to move and perform impossible physical feats... for a human, at least, and for most machines as well.

dejj0xk-5325c78a-8a0a-49e5-a016-5bf23872

VOLTIAMPERIA: Queen of Lightning. Yes, you read that right; Voltiamperia considers herself a true queen. Sometimes even a mechanical goddess. Able to control, absorb and project electricity at will, Voltiamperia thinks humanity depends too much on electric devices and that could give her total control over our society. So, if she has that power, is it wrong to consider herself a goddess in our world?

1 person likes this

Awwww, what a cutie. Love the color palette, flat colouring but so nice looking. Solid (also coloured) lineart.

She has a very strong cozy slice of life cartoon protagonist vibe. Who is she? 

On 12/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, ChaosKaiser said:

Awwww, what a cutie. Love the color palette, flat colouring but so nice looking. Solid (also coloured) lineart.

She has a very strong cozy slice of life cartoon protagonist vibe. Who is she? 

So far, my new main OC for the face of all of my characters. So I guess you could say my main Avatar? I'm super excited to keep trying out different characters with this kind of style as well. Thank you for the compliments! They mean a lot!

Edited by Tooq (Kitty McPurrington)
1 person likes this