Skye Prower

New RP for New Players

89 posts in this topic

Neither have I. I only know about the hive mind because of the SU arc

This game got so many ending... It's worthing a try.

11 endings I think (watched the cutscenes the other day). But aren't we going a little off topic at the moment?

I'd love a Rp where we fight the Metarex . sonic X is after all one of the most well known spin off of the saga. And since sonic's world is open to interpretation in this show, you can add the character you wish in it.

Well, I could add the Metarex in easily into the game. Or if people wanted it as the meta-plot...

Well looks like I'll have to reveal myself. I'm the one interested in creating a new RP and I have been talking to Skye for quite a while. I suggested him if it could be possible to create RPs for Option 2 and 4 in two separate stories. As of what I have seen most current players are interested in Option 4, unluckily I have no knowledge on the Sonic games, SatAm, AoStH, and I have some knowledge on Sonic X.... The main reason is that I had no interest on Sonic until I started reading the comics in this Forum last years, which implicates that my knowledge comes mostly from the comics. Also, even with my fascination for Sci-fi, I haven't been able to see Star Trek, but this isn't much of a problem for me and my imagination.... As for a continuation for Sonic the Hedgehog comics before the reboot and maybe the crossover, many of us would have liked to know what would of happened if Ian continued with his original writings...

Anyways. To the point... I'm here to ask for opinion and suggestion on creating an RP for Options 2 & 4, so what do you all think?

I'm down for that. As long as I get to make an elemental planet and have Knuckles wear his cowboy hat in space. Plus that will give me back Shard as a character, seeing as how he's currently nonexistent in the reboot, unless someone else wants him.

Well looks like I'll have to reveal myself. I'm the one interested in creating a new RP and I have been talking to Skye for quite a while. I suggested him if it could be possible to create RPs for Option 2 and 4 in two separate stories. As of what I have seen most current players are interested in Option 4, unluckily I have no knowledge on the Sonic games, SatAm, AoStH, and I have some knowledge on Sonic X.... The main reason is that I had no interest on Sonic until I started reading the comics in this Forum last years, which implicates that my knowledge comes mostly from the comics. Also, even with my fascination for Sci-fi, I haven't been able to see Star Trek, but this isn't much of a problem for me and my imagination.... As for a continuation for Sonic the Hedgehog comics before the reboot and maybe the crossover, many of us would have liked to know what would of happened if Ian continued with his original writings...

Anyways. To the point... I'm here to ask for opinion and suggestion on creating an RP for Options 2 & 4, so what do you all think?

As much as I like the concept of Option 2, personally. I see Chaos Freedom as the RP that's showing that. ...Ok, adding the OCs as well, so I suppose it would count to make another that doesn't have OCs in them. For me, it's almost the same story though. (Almost.) I'm not saying that Option 2 shouldn't be done, simply saying why I prefer Option 4 instead.

That said, I'm also fine with adding in the Metarex, as long as they're not what the entireity of the criminals are, both in the case of the "Good" criminals and actual antagonists ...The only problem being I'm not exactly THAT knowledgeable when it comes to them. I know some of the basics such as what they are and really are, but not much else.

But if we're making Sonic X suggestions, then mind if I make one for a...*Ahem*...

"Revived" Cosmo?

As much as I like the concept of Option 2, personally. I see Chaos Freedom as the RP that's showing that. ...Ok, adding the OCs as well, so I suppose it would count to make another that doesn't have OCs in them. For me, it's almost the same story though. (Almost.) I'm not saying that Option 2 shouldn't be done, simply saying why I prefer Option 4 instead.

Personally, I don't see CF that way at all. The OC's dominate the plot, creating a game that has a very, very different feel to the comics. Yes in some way it is a continuation, but that is more a technicality of the time period where the game is set, rather than the plot of the game, if that makes sense.

And the Metarex wouldn't be part of the 'criminal' group if they showed up. They'd be one of the bad guy races out there in the big, bad universe.

And if we go in a more Sonic X direction, maybe to your little spoiler!

So, uh, does that mean everyone would be happy with two games?

Two games?

*Thinks about it*

I guess that will be okay with me

So having given the possibility of running TWO more games some though.

I think I should be able to pull it off. However.

1) As I'm sure most of you have worked out by now, I'm a pretty crap RPer, so if the Option 2 game does go ahead, I will warn you I'm very likely to get characters off-key, or get their dialog wrong. I'm sure there are plenty examples of this on the other RP's.

2) Slightly tied into the above, if we do go for Option 2 I'm gonna want to have a good read through the comics, to try and get a handel on the characters and remind myself of what the plots were pre-reboot. What does this mean. Well, essentially it mean I could start an Option 4 game pretty quickly, but I'd need a bit of time before I could start an Option 2 game.

Personally, I don't see CF that way at all. The OC's dominate the plot, creating a game that has a very, very different feel to the comics. Yes in some way it is a continuation, but that is more a technicality of the time period where the game is set, rather than the plot of the game, if that makes sense.

And the Metarex wouldn't be part of the 'criminal' group if they showed up. They'd be one of the bad guy races out there in the big, bad universe.

And if we go in a more Sonic X direction, maybe to your little spoiler!

So, uh, does that mean everyone would be happy with two games?

Fair enough.

2 games? ...That puts you in a total 5 games, not count the Mania RPs. and 3 that you're in charge of...4 counting the temporary GM job of TDH. But if you can handle that, than by all means, go right ahead.

I have a firm grasp on the Comics' plotlines from before the crossover. I can't promise I'll join Option 2. (Joining Option 4 alone was something of a risk for me at the moment as it is.) But I CAN help you out with it if you need it.

Also, ...Please don't demean yourself by saying you're a crappy RPer man. At the very least, you're decent. I've seen crap many times before. I can tell you now you are FAR from that level. It's ok in terms of getting characters off-key. ...I'm still not convinced I'm on key with the characters I use in CF. ^_^

Yeah, five... might be pushing it. I did wait a while until I was sure about having another RP.

That being said however, I did have a couple of ideas about how to ease the workload a bit for these two new games. For the Option 2 version, I suspect a few players may have there own ideas where certain plots should go, so if they wanted to claim them that would be okay with me. And claiming certain characters would also mean plots fall into their hands, Sally for instance.

As for Option 4, once the game got set up and running I thought it might be good and rotate the GM for it, as with everyone stuck on the spaceship the group is less likely to have major long term splits, so can easily work in an almost episodic format. And meta=plots could still work, if, say, each GM had their own major villain (individual or race) that they could use for their own meta-plot.

I dunno what people think about those ideas.

And as for demeaning myself, that's the curse of being Scottish. Self-confidence? What's that? And I haven't noticed any off-key moments in CF at all.

Those ideas sit well with me. Especially the rotating GM for option 4. It'll get everyone a chance to try it out.

It's a good way to let new people try out GM while having a very robust safety net.

Hmmm...That's a pretty good idea. I'm with Shadow on that one. I assume it's only fair that it should start with you Skye.

The question I would have then, is when do we switch out from one to the other?

Yeah, I can set things up and we can rotate from there.

I would say we should try and keep individual adventures quite short, so one person could run a story, then we change to the next GM and their story. And so on. And each GM could decided whether they want their story to be part of a meta-plot or stand alone.

I feel like we dont have to specifically leave off before the reboot in the comics. It can just be the comic world and everyone is available, but there's nothing that we have to follow strictly from the comics themselves. That way we can develop our own story line and go off on a SPACE ADVENTURE

SPACE ADVENTURE .

Let's do it freeplay style skye . Everyone available from the start.

reviving cosmo in a sidequest.

Metarex

Locke in a schoolgirl costume .

.....what?

I was assuming that there'd be a main goal in the RP, however everyone can start with different objectives that they wish to accomplish, This could give the option of if they want tp be apart of the main storyline, or just have side characters that aid it every know and again, but focus more on their own missions.

That being said . Let's not try to make a too complex RP. It's for people beginning the show.

My opinion would be to give the most important scene, and let them get there on their own.