Skye Prower

New RP for New Players

89 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

This is something I've been wondering; are there members of the forum who'd like to get involved with RPing, but don't want to join one of the main in progress games (Chaos Freedom, The Darkened Hourglass and Universal Anarchy) as they've all be running for a while?

If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to run a new game for those who want it.

As of right now I don't have anything specific in mind, because I would like to have something that all the players would enjoy, so if there are players we can discuss what kinda game and story everyone wants.

I am assuming it would probably be Sonic based! Though if people really wanted something else I could maybe do Doctor Who or the Century 21 Franchise (Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray etc), or possibly something else.

Of course I'm not going to exclude any players currently in the other RP's, but I think it's fair if the new players got first choice of characters. After all, most of us have characters we tend to snap up quickly and hence have in most of the other RP's. (You might have noticed an abundance of two-tailed foxes, speedy mongooses and computerised lynxes on my own character lists! :P )

If you are interested please post below or sent a PM.

Skye

At first I wanted to propose RP mania, But then I realised we single handlely stole almost every main character . (I think I still own Silver.)

That, and RP Mania is at over 700 pages and climbing. It's sheer scope and back-story could put people off.

To put that in perspective, if you take the complete story of TDH (I.e. RPM1 and TDH itself) it's not at 100 pages yet.

A small update, there's one person already interested. So we're on the way to getting something set up.

Apologies for the double post, but as we can't delete posts and edits don't flag up as 'unread'....

So far I've only heard from one person. Of course, it could be others are just shy! I guess my next question is, are any of the current players wanting another RP out there?

While I have nothing specific in mind, I do have a few simple possibilities, as well as an overall... for want of a better word, feel. Kinda similar but different to what the Chaos Freedom game is. CF is set strongly in the comic world, but the original characters are driving the plot. While I do want a game with strong links to the comic, I'd prefer it if the Existing Characters were the driving force (as they are in The Darkened Hourglass). Note: This does not mean I am necessarily blocking OC's.

Anyway, my few ideas are below. All of these are vague suggestions, in a vauge timeline order. Others idea are more than welcome.

Option 1: Start from the top. I.e. The RP would start at the beginning (I.e. issue 1), just with a possible different mix of Freedom Fighters depending on which characters players choose. Which could impact the world, i.e. If someone wanted to play and non-robotizied Uncle Chuck that would have an impact on the story.

Option 2: The reboot (and maybe the crossover) never happened. Simple enough, we take things as how the stood pre-reboot, or maybe move things a few days/weeks/months on.

Option 3: From where the comics are now. Or more accurately, last issue when the planet started cracking up. If we do this the story would go in a different direction though (i.e. not an Unleashed adaption unless people really wanted it)

Option 4: Mostly me being silly here, but I'm tempted to play the "...IN SPACE" card for laughs!

...Well, I'm up for Option 3 or 4. ...I can most definitely create a cause for the situation at hand, though it may require OCs and what have you.

That said, I already have a plot in mind for a Space RP involving Sonic. So I'm definitely would be up for Option 4 if only to show it. ^_^

When you say option 4 Jest, do you mean plot as in a single storyline, or Plot as in setting et al, as in the Altia Chronicles?

I'd be up for any the options pretty much. Though I'll fully admit I know little about this reboot.

Hmm... Interesting options. I must say, i don't like the sound of the third as much (I like the way it's going a lot), but id certainly be up for the others. Not that I'd turn down the third either

"et al"?

Both, actually. I'd like for it to be with the Altia Chronicles in mind, but ultimately, I can think up other plots as well. Plus, said AC plot can be started with out AC per se.

That seems to be two who are 'less keen' on option 3.

'Et al' is, I think, a way of saying 'and so on' or 'etc'. So in this case, I was referring to you having a Setting in mind, plus everything else that goes to the setting.

As for linking Option 4 with the Altia Chronicles, I think that would be a bad idea if I was running the game, because AC is your story after all. It might be best to keep the two universes separate, but plots ideas could intermingle.

Right...Very well. I'd like to get the story up to a certain point anyways before making an RP out of it.

But the plot ideas part sounds...excellent. I'm a fan of Sci-fi, so making a space plot for me is easy.

Just a case of I don't like handling a setting unless I know everything about it, or I know I can twist it as needed. And I doubt either apply here.

I was thinking of possibly using the basic Star Trek: Voyager concept for the space game (a concept which, ironically, Voyager itself hardly used!). Basically, Good Guy ship is chasing criminal (but not necessarily bad guy) ship, when both get flung into deep space and the two crews have to work together to get home.

Sounds awesome. I would be happy with that

Hmm. ...Sounds basic, but then again, I'm ok with that. I could use a relaxingly basic RP for once.

Dibs on the criminals. I know just the ones to use. :3

The reason it sounds basic is because I haven't thought of any of these yet beyond the basic concept. Because I wasn't sure which (if any) would be used I didn't want to do too much planing.

And I hope you aren't planning on dibbing ALL the criminals Jest (I was thinking a ratio that around a third of the active characters would be from the criminal ship). And I do want to stress the criminal's don't need to be bad guys. Heck, the could be good guys, just in bad circumstances. First example that springs to mind, assuming we're using Existing Characters and transposing the setting, is if Fiona Fox was one of the criminals, maybe Tails is on that ship to, the lovesick pup.

HOWEVER, before anyone get to caught up in plans, this is a game for new players, and even though we only have one, I think it's fair they get a chance to look at the options and make their preferences before we declare anything settled.

Of course I don't mean ALL of them! DX I know I've shown to be good at multiple characters, but really I don't like having alot of characters in my possession.

I meant as in dibs on the faction, as in on the leader of the criminals and by extent what they are. ...Of course I'd have a few characters as well but not the whole crew

But yeah, fair enough. I'll wait and see.

Option 4 : SPACE .

We set off for an adventure to stop the metarex from stealing the Planet's hearts.

I'm up for anything, though if we do space, are we allowed to create characters and other planets? Cause then I can pull some of my characters from the RP Mania and use them in actual RPs

They won't have the same background, but the personality, looks, and abilities will be the same.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd say provisionally yes... but that could be all subject to change of course. Though if you mean your three elementals, they may be OTT power wise.

They could be downgraded. It'd become no different from Blaze, Chaos, and Knuckles's strength.

That'd be fine... assuming you aren't meaning Chaos 4+! :P

And a quick note I want to make clear, despite mentioning Star Trek earlier I'm not meaning this will be a trek/sonic crossover, or even trek setting with sonic stand-ins overlapped on top. The only exception to this miiiiight be the Borg, as Sonic does already have a cyborg faction the forcibly converts people into more cyborgs. All they need is a hive mind... And I think even that was hinted at in the Iron Dominion arc or somesuch.

There is a hive a mind! The Black Arms!

I haven't played Shadow the Hedgehog yet...

*looks at game pile*

I guess that's my job for the weekend sorted then!