Shadick1

Whats your favorite anime

41 posts in this topic

My favorite anime is shakugan no shana and kore wa zombie, i really cant decide they are both good

My favorite anime is .hack//Quantum OVA. It sucks that there are only 3 episodes though. That really got on my nerves! :angry:

Edited by Tamu McPurrington

My favorite anime has to be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

This may sound a bit old school...But my favorite Anime has always been and always will be Every Tenchi Anime. Tenchi Muyo, Universe, In Tokyo, and GXP. ...The War on Geminar I've yet to watch.

Due to me being a newbie to Anime (As mentioned in the general anime thread), I'll stay with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Although I'm not thinking that would change anytime soon, because it is absolutely one of the greatest anime ever created.

1 person likes this

One of my favorite anime would have to be case closed.

One of my favorite anime would have to be case closed.

I use to be a dragon ball fan too. But I just stick with comedy anime.

I like way too many to pick a favorite.

That can happen when you watch a lot of good animes. For me it is so hard to find a good anime with out it being only 1 season or like 10 episodes. It just gets so annoying!

For me... I usually go for action and adventure-themed anime. But anything that catches my attention becomes a favorite. :D

But my favorite anime would be the ones made by CLAMP (The guys who made Chobits, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicle, xxxHolic.. just to name a few). I also fell in love with their art works, which in my view point, is unlike any other. :D

Non-CLAMP anime includes: Hellsing (the OVA not the anime), Angel Beats, Gundam SEED and Little Busters.

Yeah, yeah. I have a lot. I really can't decide. They are all great to me. XD

Right now I found one to entertain me and that would be Naruto. It's actually based off of a really good ninja story.

My favorite anime is stuck between SAO and FMA:B. Can't decide! D=

Uh fav. anime...

1.Dangan Ronpa (and it is a really cool anime and the game... but well the anime is a big spoiler, when you play the game at the same time.)

2. Kill la Kill (because it is a great and a new idea)

3. Soul Eater (....Kid...the only reason...I love him, Giriko and Makas father. Maka? NOPE)

4. Blue Exorcist (not to much episodes and a good storyline)

(Well for me a good anime have to have 0-40 episodes. Not more. I like the idea of One Peace and Naruto or fairy tail, but...so much episodes? To get the point and to focuss on the idea and the storyline is the device so...I have seen the beginning of the big universe of the animes but I give it up ^^")

2 people like this

Well my favorite anime at the moment would have to be space dandy with jojo's bizarre adventure coming in second.

That's an easy one! My favorite anime is "Yu-gi-oh! Zexal", "Yu-gi-oh! 5D's", and "Bleach"! \(^o^)/

Staff Edit: Spoiler tags for bigger pictures kthxbai.

YuGiOhZexalII-cover.jpg

YGO5D133.jpg

98.jpg

(Well for me a good anime have to have 0-40 episodes. Not more. I like the idea of One Peace and Naruto or fairy tail' date=' but...so much episodes? To get the point and to focuss on the idea and the storyline is the device so...I have seen the beginning of the big universe of the animes but I give it up ^^")[/quote']

I experienced culture shock when I started getting into anime. I grew up with notoriously long shounen series (Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto), so the shortness of most series surprised me. There are a surprising number of really good manga that are only one or two volumes. I've started to like the shorter series, though. The longer shounen anime naturally have lots of unimportant characters and situations. The series don't plan very far ahead; if they do, they do it vaguely. I'm not blaming the writers for this; long anime are inherently impossible to plan, especially since the more popular anime are continued indefinitely.

The shorter series can be more well-planned. That's not to say they always, or even often, are. There are many more mediocre short anime than there are mediocre long anime. Occasionally, you get a Death Note, which is essentially a modernized Greek tragedy, or a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, which appears to have been planned out to the most minute detail since the very beginning (although Death Note was 12 volumes, and Higurashi was 8 visual novels, and the anime is actually on the long side, at around 50 episodes).

I'm actually finishing up Oyasumi Punpun, the depressing, realistic take on a coming-of-age story. It features many conflicting author filibusters, with a kind of neutral stance. It appears he's not trying to make you believe anything, he just wants to make you feel those feels.

1 person likes this

Another Update. I don't know which one to choose. One Piece or Bleach? Bleach showed me fights that made all other fights that I've seen in anything else look boring. Even If other anime's fights are good they aren't as long as the ones in bleach. In other anime's one hit and it's over. While in One Piece I want to see what happens to all those that show a good future, Will they reach it? or not? Story Wise It's One Piece. Battles Wise It's Bleach. Hunter X Hunter is a good one between these two.

I'm partial to Mobile Suit Gundam [0079 and ZZ, though Unicorn was also very good], Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, and SGT.Frog. The various .hack// shows are also worth mentioning.

For me, it's a toss up between:

• Dragon Ball Z (first anime I actively remember watching, and only extremely long anime that I saw all the episodes for)
  • Tenchi
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Soul Eater
  • Naruto (The earlier episodes, before the convoluted "Sasuke left to go with Orochimaru" bull)
  • KuroPoopuji (I usually don't use the English title, as my sister and I used to watch it all the time before it was dubbed)
  • Zatch Bell

I had a fun time watching all of these, so it's hard to pinpoint which is the one that's the top one to me.

Inu-Yasha was good from the episodes I caught, Hamtaro was cute, I have some episdoes and mangas of Yu Yu Hakusho, MÄR was interesting and I have some of the mangas.

can't really choose but I guess I'll still say: Sonic X.

Reasons:

1. first anime ever to make me cry

2. good story

3. some character development

4. great characters

5. the drawing style and background works are great (if you ask me, I don't say it perfect but it's great)

6. it's funny

7. cause I'm Otaku that's why xD (lol joke not really)

Sonic X and Doremon

Doremon? Hmmmm....I'll be sure to check it out. In Gintama there have been some jokes about it...

Also..New fav anime is....Akame Ga Kill!