Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryo_Inazuma

Sonic the hedgehog in Project X Zone??

14 posts in this topic

So far I've seen what they have as playable and support characters but i am very P*ssed that sonic isn't in the roster they better have him as the last playable character because he's Sonic He's SEGA how can they NOT put him in? :angry:

I'd like to Know if anyone has any info about Sonic being on this game or what they think about it too

Seriously guys any thought about it is fine

I want to know what you all think

Edited by vladikcomper
Posts merged

You'd better put a link telling what Project X Zone is, because I'm sure not everybody around here knows what are you talking about, neither did I, before I found it on the wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone

So, after reading a bit about it, here are my thoughts:

Developers didn't go for adding Sonic, because he doesn't suit the genre of the game. Sonic is not about fighting (apparently, there were few fighting games, but I believe this game will use totally different mechanics than Sonic Battle and others, so you barely can put Sonic here), moreover, even his design wouldn't fit in here. I highly doubt he'll eventually appear in the game. But who knows, Sonic's is the best SEGA's character indeed, so there is chance he'll visit this game in form of an easter egg or something.

I don't think there's much to discuss here, anyways.

1 person likes this

Hmm, didn't Project X Zone have Megaman X in it, too? It would have been nice to see the two blue dudes duke it out. From what I know, though, Project X Zone has some kind of strategy element to it, and I suppose Sonic's speed wouldn't fit into the character balance. It seems like the characters all roughly move at the same speed, so Sonic's running would throw them off. I guess SEGA was afraid of adding a secondary Sonic character such as Tails or Knuckles because they weren't popular enough.

ur

Hmm, didn't Project X Zone have Megaman X in it, too? It would have been nice to see the two blue dudes duke it out. From what I know, though, Project X Zone has some kind of strategy element to it, and I suppose Sonic's speed wouldn't fit into the character balance. It seems like the characters all roughly move at the same speed, so Sonic's running would throw them off. I guess SEGA was afraid of adding a secondary Sonic character such as Tails or Knuckles because they weren't popular enough.

But Sonic chronicles was a strategy game (though it was crappy) it was still a strategy game yes with sonic's speed it would be a bit off but they could make it so he is a tad faster than everybody im sure that not every character moves at the same pace plus they could team sonic up with shadow

True dat, but all the characters in Sonic Chronicles are a bit fast compared to standard characters. Maybe his apparent absence is due to lack of manpower at SEGA. That's all I can think of.

True dat, but all the characters in Sonic Chronicles are a bit fast compared to standard characters. Maybe his apparent absence is due to lack of manpower at SEGA. That's all I can think of.

oh well all Im saying is they had better put sonic in or HEADS WILL ROLL :angry:

1 person likes this

Interesting choice of font, NEO METAL SONIC. I'm also miffed by its console exclusivity. I know some people who are fans of the strategy and RPG industry (I dislike strategy RPGs, but I do prefer turn-based and action RPGs). My friends would probably enjoy this game very much, except they're not big fans of the characters in the game.

It looks like the game was released back in October, and with no Sonic characters, not even cameos. Some SEGA series were involved though.

It's pretty cool that Megaman X is in the game, but I find it way, way cooler that Kite and Black Rose from .hack are playable, along with Skeith as an enemy unit and Aura with a cameo. Not to mention Kos-Mos from Xenosaga.

Are there any characters you think are interesting in the game?

1 person likes this

Interesting choice of font, NEO METAL SONIC. I'm also miffed by its console exclusivity. I know some people who are fans of the strategy and RPG industry (I dislike strategy RPGs, but I do prefer turn-based and action RPGs). My friends would probably enjoy this game very much, except they're not big fans of the characters in the game.

It looks like the game was released back in October, and with no Sonic characters, not even cameos. Some SEGA series were involved though.

It's pretty cool that Megaman X is in the game, but I find it way, way cooler that Kite and Black Rose from .hack are playable, along with Skeith as an enemy unit and Aura with a cameo. Not to mention Kos-Mos from Xenosaga.

Are there any characters you think are interesting in the game?

I like megaman x and zero in it, these two are the best characters in whole megaman games . I don't know much about others in it but in if they add knuckles (because he's a fighting guy, right?) in it he will fit it.

I was dissapointed that nobody from the sonic the hedgehog series where in the game they didn`t have to add sonic but a least include shadow or kunckles :(

Screw that having knuckles and shadow in the game and not sonic is like having waluigi and Luigi in super smash bros and not having Mario

Screw that having knuckles and shadow in the game and not sonic is like having waluigi and Luigi in super smash bros and not having Mario

There nothing wrong with one of sonic friends being in the game and not him <_<

Dah hell's wrong with Shadow and Knuckles? WIth both of them not being in any significant games for almost 7 years, it would sick to see them in a crossover like this, even if Sonic isn't in it.