spiralhedgehog

What happened to Amy's Parents

23 posts in this topic

I look around for info on Amy, and it says her parents were roboticized, but if the Bem deroboticized everyone, what happened to them? Were they killed/destroyed before being deroboticized, or possibly shortly afterwards?

I'm not sure if they ever showed Amy's parents anywhere. The only family of Amy I remember them showing is her cousin, Rob

I think you can have a picture of her mother in the hood castle , during the "search for mighty" Arc in sonic Universe.

Uh, sorry! I don't think the upcoming arc will have the chapter name "Shadow Fall", though.

I saw Amy's mother or possibly aunt in the castle, just wondering why Amy hasn't mentioned them recently.

Recently? Prob because of the ban Sega put of game characters not being able to reference comic only family...

Maybe Amy's too focused on Sonic to think about family

I mean "Recently" as in between when the Bem deroboticized everyone, and now. I'm not sure how long the "Ban" has been going on, but I'm sure it started long after Sonic returned from Space.

Or maybe she hasn't got any parent and Rob was the only family taking care of her.

Ian Flynn had actually wanted to do a Sonic Universe arc featuring Amy and her back story, it was even mentioned in one of the letter pages of the Sonic issues during Iron Dominion if I remember correctly, cannot remember which issue, a fan had asked about Amy's parents. Unfortunately, the idea has apparently been dropped as Rob is no longer allowed in the comics and Mercia has been changed to Avalon because of the recent Penders lawsuit and SEGA's mandate on SEGA characters not having family members, the subject not even supposed to be touched on. Which is a real shame to be honest, I was looking forward to it and I don't believe it's possible for such a story any longer. I can assume Amy's parents were deroboticized but maybe lost their memories cause of a side effect and wandered Mobius? (That was what was going to happen with Nate Morgan had he came back) With the new timeline, I think Amy parents are dead, and Amy having lost her memories of the previous world is obviously a plot device just to make her forget about Rob and her parents.

Thanks Simon, that makes a lotta sense.

1 person likes this

Yeah. But who knows? Maybe later in the newer comics they might show something more about Amy. We just have to wait and find out. :)

Reading the last part of what you said, Simon... now I don't think Amy will be getting her old memories back. Ah well, that's fine by me!

1 person likes this

It kinda sucks for SEGA characters to lose their family member, especially after all they have gone thru. Penders!!!!

1 person likes this

I dont think that the genesis wave did a effect on amy,it looks like it only teleport her to the sol dimension.

Reading the last part of what you said, Simon... now I don't think Amy will be getting her old memories back. Ah well, that's fine by me!

That's exactly what I feel too, I don't mind it at all. I have this funny feeling Sally nor Amy will be getting their memories back because they have relatives who are Penders characters who they obviously cannot and should not remember, it will cause a lot of problems if they do. I think Sally will be more of a problem since she would want to know what has happened to her family since her roboticization. Funny thing is that Sonic remembers and he doesn't appear to care of what has become of his parents in this new world, weird to the max.

I have this funny feeling Sally nor Amy will be getting their memories back because they have relatives who are Penders characters who they obviously cannot and should not remember, it will cause a lot of problems if they do. I think Sally will be more of a problem since she would want to know what has happened to her family since her roboticization. Funny thing is that Sonic remembers and he doesn't appear to care of what has become of his parents in this new world, weird to the max.

I dunno. It wouldn't surprise me if NICOLE does restore Sally's memories, but doesn't have enough energy to fully restore every single moment (most likely leaving out family members like Elias). Then again, it's not long until we find out. As for Sonic, his old memories are beginning to merge with new ones, so it's likely that certain memories (including his parents) may slowly fading away, being replaced with new memories of having... no parents, I guess? (I probably shouldn't look too far into it.)

Where does Amy live anyway? Does she live in her own house by herself? Maybe there could be a picture of her parents in the background in one of the upcomming comics. I should keep a sharp eye out for that. >_> | <_<

all we no that amy has a cousin name rob'o the hedgehog,And in the wiki it says that her parents are roboticized.

I really wish they'd show us Amy's parents... I mean sure Rob O is cool and all that but I'd really like to see what Amy's parents look like... or at least hear their names... it's really sad Amy also had to go through so much...

I don't it would of matter in the long run since Amy can't live with them do to being part of the freedom fighters.

Well true.. But I still wish they would've shown us at least some new info from them... (Yes I worry about comic book characters too much...)