Chosen One

What viewer (Adobe, Soda, etc.) do you use?

17 posts in this topic

I'm going to start downloading all the comics (Archie) and I need some suggestions about PDF readers.

My computer recommended Soda 3D, after I downloaded SU 25 as a proof. It converted the CBZ file to PDF, making the view more realistic (hence "3D").

So I want to know your opinions.

I for one have two way of reading them: either on my android , with a simple CBR viewer;

Or on my computer , with comic rack.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm at school. Yeah, so what do you guys recommended?

Adobe reader is good enough. unless you plan on editing said PDF.

But tell me, how do you recover your files? Are they already iin PDF, or in another one?

When I download normal files they come in document format. You can transformed document into PDF manually with Adobe. But when I downloaded one of the comics it came in CBZ file and adobe couldn't open the file, so I downloaded Soda 3D with was recommended. This one converted the CBZ into PDF, automatically, when I opened the comic file; keeping the original and making a PDF copy.

Oh, and this programs allows modifications and has some feature of the app iBooks.

interesting . Well, what you have is good for the uses you have of it.

I bet pixelious fox Was about to do one ^^ I ssaw that He kinda populated this part of the forum. It's nice of him to do so.

I just downloaded CloudReader from the App Store, and it allowed me to save and read downloaded comics in my device. I'm saying this just in case someone else uses something alike or is looking for it.

Hmm, I don't know about Android, but for comics and manga I use CDisplayEX on Windows and Comicseer. For reading PDFs, I use Evince and Firefox's nice pdf.js viewer, and sometimes Adobe Reader on computers that don't have Evince.

When downloading the comics from here my Adobe didn't display them. That why downloaded the other viewer.

When watching comics on my computer I just use C.B.R viewer on my phone I use a app called Perfect Viewer :)

what happened to zip files with pictures in them.

this new format is stupid in my opinion

I used to use Soda too, but eventually my 7 year old PC just gave up and later I (considering Alegatius' recommendation) Got me Cloud Reader on iPad. It's good. (But my iPad's charger is failing me)

I am still considering a software for my new PC, will check CDisplayEx though

Edited by sweet_lil_Eliza