Prelate

What web browser do you use

Which web browser fits you more?   32 votes

1. 1. What web browser do you like you the most?

• Google Chrome
    • Mozills Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Safari

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

I prefer to use Firefox and I will use it whenever possible

On my iPod, I use Safari

I also use IE a lot, but that's when I don't have another browser to choose. I don't like using it. It's awkward

I'm reverse with Fox. I like to use Chrome as a Primary and Firefox as a Secondary.

I use firefox . Everywhere.

exept on my iphone.

there I use safari , or opera.

I use Firefox, though sometimes I'll use links. It's actually the only open-source browser, though Chrome is open-source with certain unknown additions by Google added in. Plus, the Mozilla user experience devs seem pretty cool from the AMA they did on Reddit a few months ago, and I really like its tab grouping feature.

Opera had its good points, but it's now basically a repackaged Chrome, which is sad because it was the only really nice proprietary browser.

It's of honorable mention, but some of you might want to check out this proprietary browser on Windows called Sleipnir. It can use multiple rendering engines, but that feature is not unique to the browser. It also has a great and interesting tab grouping feature that.

Firefox did eat RAM back in the pre-Firefox 4 releases. Those days it took upwards of 15 seconds for it to load up. Sometime in the last few years, though, it just started being very optimized. Personally, I like it because it scales well. It starts at about 50MB RAM and I usually have anywhere from 20-150 tabs up at a time; Firefox handles it like it's nothing at all, given plugins and extensions aren't interfering, and I have to once again mention the tab grouping feature, especially for many-tab use cases.

Chrome and Chromium have their upsides in UI design, though. The large, rounded edges seemed a childish-looking early on, but it looks respectable now. Plus Chrome has a built-in version of Flash. Not good for privacy, but good for the Youtubes. It also has a nice task manager.

Surprisingly, Internet Explorer is the only browser that supports both of Youtube's HTML5 video standards, though h.264 is a licensing thing, not a software-support thing at all.

They have changed.... well, Maybe that will mean peoples will stop using only for downloading their favorites browser... But i doubt Of that.

Anyways, any news about Opera? they have been kinda quiet these days...

Opera is in kind of a bad spot with its userbase right now, since it switched to WebKit from their own Presto. From what I've heard, Opera right now has no sense of identity like it did in the past, and a lot of the features in the original Opera were removed such that some people call it a "reskinned Chrome." Once they add/remove something to differentiate themselves, their userbase will hopefully be less hostile, though what happens with a lot of software projects is that they make a major change/mistake, a large amount of the userbase leaves, and when the flaws are finally fixed, their previous users simply aren't interested. From what I've heard, I'd cite KDE as an example.

So , it isn't an original browser that happen to download torrent anymore ? Sad days people, sad ....

They don't have much time If they want to fix their mistake I say.

Chrome works neat for me, but I tend to use internet explorer in pity at times XD

Chrome all day everyday I would never use another browser again unless I was forced to then it would be firefox. :D

I usually use Safari on my iPad, but when I can, I use internet explorer.

Now that I know more about Chrome, it's not as safe as Mozilla is. I suppose it's now THAT outdated. But I'm still a modern girl. B)

I knew Firefox was relatively safe in comparison to most browsers but I always thought Chrome was meant to be pretty safe too. Huh...

Chrome all the way. But sometimes, I use Firefox too. :3

I've never had problems with Chrome. The other web browsers I have though. Chrome is godly ;D

I mainly use chrome. I used to use firefox but I stopped using firefox because the earlier version which ate up ram like nobodies business. The newer one came out and was more friendly, but I got use to chrome so that's the browser i use.

I use Chrome and also it on my phone, but sometimes there is the message "Chrome kann nicht wieder hergestellt werden" (deut. The connection can not be restored) and then BOM it crashes down so I have to use the Internet Explorer :I

Not that a new, flashy UI would actually do anything to change someone's browser choice, but check out Firefox 29; it's got the much-hyped Australis interface. In terms of UI, I've always liked Personas more than Chrome Themes, although that's kinda because Chrome's UI doesn't take up much space in the first place.

I use internet explorer... At school. I should use the chrome but I guess its just a habit

Does that even works?

But really, I used chrome since start tbh, and when I heard about IE jokes, I didn't believed them..c. But when I used IT...