Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fwiss

Mighty No. 9: New game by Megaman creator Keiji Inafune

19 posts in this topic

photo-main.jpg

A Kickstarter was recently started by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune's game company, Comcept for the development of "Mighty No. 9." From the description, it surprisingly like the other Blue B, the Blue Bomber, which recently began a crossover into the Sonic comics. The player, as Beck (Mighty No. 9), must eliminate other robots, the malfunctioning Mighty Nos., to stop them from causing further harm to the world. It plans to combine the best of both recent and classic eras of gaming into one great gaming experience.

Backers are able to preorder digital copies (distributed by explosively-popular Humble Bundle, Inc.) of the game by pledging $20 or more and can get in- and out-of- game exclusives for larger pledges. Not only will it be crowdfunded by Kickstarter, but we will see a return of the interesting, controversial, fan-assisted development model from the scrapped Mega Man Legends 3. The game's estimated release date is April 2015 for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, with higher stretch goals which, if reached, will make it available also for the PS3, 360, and Wii U consoles.

hum.... He'll be better off doing without the fan dev. then again, who knows? The megaman fans have been craving for something new for years, and all they got were Spin off.... (Note: Zero was great).

Yeah, the fan development idea was really controversial, and some contend that it was even the cause of MML3's cancellation. Mostly, though, that can be attributed to Capcom's own disinterest in the project. I'd personally like to see a developer, especially a successful on like Inafune, pull off this possible pinnacle of collaboration.

I'm personally mainly excited for Mighty No. 9 because since it's a independent company like Comcept, it'll hopefully be free of all of Capcom's executive noise. That and I always like to see a successful crowdfunding campaign.

Yes indeed ^_^ But such a campaign can only be successful if the goal are reachable by the one who set them in the first time . That happenned with many other games . And realisticly , few have pulled this out , without some problems.

Seeing Mighty No.9 makes me both sad and happy. Sad because this probably guarantees the death of Megaman, but happy because Keji can now release his creativity with the original NES megaman team. All in all, I'm supporting this 100%

Don't worry, we will still have megaman... mostly spin off, but still.

We still have at least 10 different episode oonthe original serie, So you'll have enough. Then X is the best follower one might have dreamed of . Seriously , They got everything even better .

and at last , Zero. Oh god , Zero. It's litteraly a childhood game for me :) not as much as sonic advance , But I keep great feeling about these games.

last time I kickstarted something , The game did not met his goal.... Why does almost every game I wat to support does end up that way (So far the only one that went out nice was Malevolence: Sword of akranox , an awesome game you should get.)

But He might be fine . I trust he'll get a nice fanbase , and that sequel will come around if the first one sell good.

I'm very glad that they reached all their goals, and I am proud to say that I backed the project so I will be getting a copy of the game when it comes out. I will also have access to the dev forum as well, but I have my own MN9 forum for fans. :P Did anyone here back this project up? If so how much did you back? And as for Mega Man I love the franchise but with the way Crapcom has been treating it I am glad that Inafune has started working on this new franchise. :)

I've already seen some gameplay in the intro stage, and also the designs of the other Mighty numbers (except 7) and I'm very very delighted for all of this Keji and his team really do deserve all the credit and hype they're getting right now.

I can suppose it is a nice thing . But I still haven't finished all the megaman, so mighty will have to wait.

Donated five bucks for backer stuffs, myself. Would've been nice to "pre-order" the full game, but I can wait until it actually comes out. By the way, did anybody also watch the last day's comcept stream, where they threw a party when the kickstarter ended and the game officially got funded?

*Throws keyboard* Why do I always miss livestreams?

I backed 20 bucks; I wanted to give 60 for the Golden Beck and exclusive transformation, but I decided against it.

Of the three Calls, which did you like best? I though H was the cutest, but one of the minor F's look Kuudere and would probably fit in-universe better than E or H. E's nice, but she seems like she'd fit in Megaman Zero better.

You guys are great I donated 50 dollars for the cause and I'm eagerly waiting for the console releases of the game

I wish I could join the community but, it's already too late! I do think that there are other ways to support Mighty No. 9 BEFORE it launches as well. The only Mega Man game I played so far is the fan game "Mega Man Unlimited". So I definitely need to catch up (but I don't have an NES).

So the Beta just came out for those who donated enough to be in it... AND ITS AWESOME!

It's only one level, but I really like the new mechanics of it. It's a nice blend of Classic and X styles of play.

Seeing Mighty No.9 makes me both sad and happy. Sad because this probably guarantees the death of Megaman, but happy because Keji can now release his creativity with the original NES megaman team. All in all, I'm supporting this 100%

Mega Man is not really "dead". Capcom is selling all his stuff right now. I wish Mega Man is going to Sony (plz. NOT to Nintendo).

I really like the idea of Mighty No. 9 and I like her as a boss!

73e6e00f310202e12676954bcf73e47c_large.jpg?1381852973

She is looking like a badass and the other designs of the new bosses are great too. The creator is doing a good job and for an not Indie-game-lover I swear I will buy this game!