Universal Anarchy: A Primitive World

391 posts in this topic

Posted

Espio, Angel island

First thing that needed to be done was find a means of transport off the island, which he wasn't going to find around here. He began walking. Heading for Echidnapolis which was the only place he could think of that might be able to provide him with what he needed

---------------------

Marine and Cream, Wing Fortress

"Wh-wh-what w-will h-h-he d-do?" Cream asked still crying and clearly very scared. She was too focused on Alpha to Gamma or the prisoners Alpha talked about

Posted

Mercia Streets

Shadow was still sprinting through the streets when the robots reactivated, forcing him to dive behind a parked car to try and remain unseen. He could see Amy's car up ahead, it was evident they were still elsewhere. Lying prone, he got a good sight picture on one of the approaching motobugs, still weighing up whether to fire. His position certainly wasn't a defensible one, and he would almost certainly be attacked from the rear by nearby SWAT bots.

"What I wouldn't give for some Phantoms right about now," he muttered to himself, cursing the fact he had no support. With little other choice, he made a break for a fire escape in a nearby alley as a patrol had passed him, aiming to get up top before they noticed him.

Mercia, Antiques Shop

The pink hedgehog smiled at the mammoth again.

"Thank you," she called back quietly as she headed over to Rouge, who was looking at the pocket pistol in her palm with an expression somewhere between amusement and despair.

"I'm sure you can disabled those visors with that," said Amy enthusiastically, trying to reassure her friend as they headed out of the shop.

"Yeah, if I can hit anything with it," Rouge replied sarcastically, though still kept a good a grip on it.

Once they were back on the streets the pair wasted no time in heading towards the warehouse Mogul had mentioned, but their progress slowed to a crawl when the robots reactivated. With their path blocked, Rouge noticed a group of looters scavenging through a jewellery shop up ahead.

"Well, better them than us," she thought as she picked up a small piece of rubble and threw it at the shop's window, smashing it to pieces. The looters quickly scattered out a back door,a nd roug'es hope was that the patorlling robots would at least go over to the store, giving herself and Amy a chance to move past them.

Mercia, Coastal Tower

Rob watched as the last of his men limped into the infirmary, perplexed as to how they had survived the earlier confrontation but nonetheless glad to see them alive. As he wandered into the armoury he called over his second in command.

"I'm heading into the city to take care of some things. I've got a suspicious feeling my energetic cousin will come rushing here, so I may as well meet her half way lest she do something reckless," he informed his subordinate, slinging a rifle over his shoulder and tucking a flare gun into his belt.

"I'll use this to signal you if I need any help."

"Are you sure it's wise to head out alone?"

"Probably not, but at least this way I can move quietly."

With a wave Rob swiftly headed down the steps of the tower, passing the sentries on the way out as he headed across the sand to the city.

Mobotropolis

Bunnie operated the bolt to chamber a round and leaned out of the window so she could sight in the Buzz Bomers.

"At least these tin cans are bigger than usual. Let's hope this can actually do something to them," she said before firing a shot at one of their pursuers.

Hotel, ???

Hope collected herself and got up from her chair, slowly walking over to one of the calmer waiters.

"I realise this isn't a good time, but can I please order something? I've had a long journey here," she asked politely, her voice trembling slightly.

Road to Mercia

Fiona was still speed along the road, periodically checking her watch to see how long she had before the army would start moving. Up ahead she could see smoke rising from the city: she wasn't surprised that nearly all of it was still standing, this Robotnik couldn't convert everyone if they'd been blown to kingdom come. As she entered the city the roar of the engine became louder, the sound bouncing off of the buildings all around as the car careered around corners.

Seeing an underground car park, she decided to stop there: she had no intention of letting her pride and joy get destroyed and stolen. With the car positioned facing the exit ramp for a quick exit, Fiona grabbed what little gear she had and set out looking for Shadow, hoping she'd have to spend as little time on foot as possible. Her desire to get things done quickly meant she was taking a far more aggressive approach, openly firing at Motobugs and SWAT-bots with her pistol , hoping the high velocity loadings she used would be able to penetrate deeply enough to damage something vital.

Posted

Sonic, Tails and Nicole, Hidden Bunker, Northamer East Coast

“So how do we do that?” asked Sonic. 

“A-attach me to the robot.  I s-should be able to disable the control D-doctor R-r-r-robotnik has on this Mobian,” replied Nicole.

“Should?” asked Sonic as Tails started scrambling for cables.

“I… cannot give you an exact prediction of success.  There are too many unknown variables.  Too many…. Unknown…. Unknown… unknown...

“Uh… Tails… I think your friend is kinda in trouble,” said Sonic. 

-------------

Harry and Antione, Mobotropolis

“I ‘ope so Ma’am.  Otherwise we’re in trouble!” said Harry, trying to dodge the fire from the robots.  Bunnie’s shot caught the Buzz Bomber on the wing.  Damaged, it erratically swooped down and crash landed.  As it did so, the frame split open and a small bird flew out.

-------------

Mercia, City

The Swat Bot patrol passed slowly through the street.  They seemed to be scanning ground level more than above, so for now Shadow was safe.  Until a group of Buzz Bomber’s started approaching from above.

-------------

Mercia, Path to Warehouse

“Anomalous sound detected.”  Rouge’s hope played out as a Swat Bot patrol closed in on the shop.  One of the looters was slower than the others, and was spotted.

“Halt!” came the electronic order, and when it was disobeyed, the Swat Bots opened fire, stunning the looter who collapsed.

-------------

Mercia, Carpark

Against the Motobugs the high velocity rounds proved effective, and Fiona left a trail of smashed robots and confused small animals in her wake.  But as she encountered the Swat Bots it became a different matter.  The shots needed to hit joints or the visor of the robots to cause noticeable damage.

-------------

Hotel, Somewhere on Mobius

“Of… of course,” said the waiter.  “What would you like to order?” he asked, the sudden returned to the normality of his job calming him down more.

“How can you think of eating at a time like this!” cried one of the other guests, a slightly chubby beaver.

--------------

Felidae Lake, Pais Misterioso

“Primary threat identified!  Main group pursue!” spoke one of the wolves.  Most of the robots started to chase after Chronic, though a small group continued to advance towards the village.

-------------

Wing Fortress

“You will be made into strong machines, like us,” Alpha replied to Cream.  As she spoke, a converted Mobian entered the corridor.  “Look upon your future,” said Alpha to Cream and Knuckles, indicated the poor, trapped Mobian.

Posted

Wing Fortress

Gamma gives out a small robotic scuff as the Mobian walks through. Knuckles looks in horror at the thought of being transformed into a brainwashed robot. He looks over to Cream, and could tell almost instantly that she was too young to be faced with such a position.

"I need to get these two out of here....but how?" he thinks to himself

Posted

Felidae Mountain, Pais Misterioso

"...In hindsight, this was not a smart idea..." Cronic said to himself, standing at the base of the mountain, turning to look at the oncoming mechanized wolves.

"...Climbing up by hand is just going to get me shot and falling to my death... There has to be something that I can do with these flames...!" Cronic said, desperation in his voice as the robots drew ever closer.

"Guess it can't be helped. I'm toast if I don't do SOMETHING." Cronic said, holding his hands diagonally downward, as he began to focus flames around the palms of his hands.

"...I've no idea how this is going to play out, but this is likely to hurt in some way, shape or form." He thought to himself, as flames burst away from the palms of his hands, acting as makeshift thrusters, propelling him upward to the sky... Faster than he'd anticipated.

"This was a terrible idea...!" Cronic thought to himself, as he overshot the top of the mountain in question.

Wasting no time, Blaze began to launch fireballs ahead of the Robots advancing on the village in a bid to slow their advance. She needed to get there quickly to help ready the defence of the village, so she leapt down from the treetops and began to run as swiftly as she could towards the village, hurling more Fireballs at the robots to keep them off balance. It was around this time she noticed a blaze of orange shooting toward the sky as she briefly looked in Cronic's direction. It didn't take her long to figure out the source.

"I hope that hedgehog knows what he's doing."

Posted

Somewhere, within the now empty chaos chamber, locke eventually let himself . All the brooding he kept inside finally went out as he realise how much of a failure he had been, both as a guardian...

And as a father.

His son was aurora knew where, in possible danger, The island only had gained a temporary respite. Odds were against him, time was against him.

And then this ... Creature.

He was probably fighting against himself as well. The stress was slowly getting up to him....

Staying locked up in there would not help any of his trouble, but the relative peace it offered was the one thing Locke needed the most at such moment....

---------

Luger was gone. He had long left the floating island... Looking for answers, and the man who took his daughter away.

He had already lost too much in his short, sad life.... Julie would not be amongst them.

---------

After all the craziness this day had brought up, and the day possibly nearing its end, it seemed that vector ha little choices on what he could possibly do.

Either walking into the night, and possibly ending up lost, caught .... Or worse ;

Or just lock themselve up in the hotel and sleep the night out.

But he had a small kid with him as well.

"Charmy, ah think... i think it's best for us if we stay here for the time being... At meast tonight. I'm not feeling it .. I'm not feeling it at all."

Something bigger than some petty criminals flying around in a blimp was about. Something bad enough that he could not face it on his own, let alone charmy.

For now, better be on the lookout... The army would take care of this... Right ?

Posted

Espio, Echidnaopolis

Espio walkedinto the city of Echidnaopolis, invisible for the moment. He didn't want to be noticed. He looked around at the damage caused in shame,wishing he could have done something to prevent it all

---------------------

Marine and Cream, Wing Fortress

Cream screamed a little at the sight of the converted Mobian

"B-but I d-d-don't want to be a s-scary...th-thing like that!" she cried

Posted

Mercia, Road to Warehouse

Seizing the chance, the pair ran past the distracted rbotos as quietly as they could, noting they could hear rapid gunfire from somewhere else in the city, though this didn't distract them fom their task.The grid layout of the city made it easy for them to quickly find the warehouse. It was totally unscathed by the invasion,a sturdy looking building with no windows. The door on their side was locked by three sturdy looking locks, each with a different keyhole. Rouge stepped forward and examined them briefly before rummaging through her pocket and brining out a small set of lockpicks. Although it only took her a few minutes to get the locks open, they fetl like an eternity as the pair stood there completely exposed.

Once inside, they were in almost total darkness save for a few token lights, revealing the warehouse to be stocked full of very large crates.

"Any idea what's in these? He's your cousin." asked Rouge.

"It could be anything. Rob likes to be prepared, so it could just be stockpiled materials for his business, or just stuff he likes to collect," replied Amy, looking around.
 Rouge nodded and headed over to a single crate on its own, which she promptly tried to pry open.

"Give me a hand with this, if it could be anything then it might be useful." Amy quietly headed over and tried to help her get the lid off.

Mercia, Streets

Realising the futility of lobbing soft metal against hard metal, Fiona adopted the time tested tactic of running away, out of the car park and onto the streets. As she was looking for any sign of Shadow, the sheer difficulty of her task began to dawn on her. Running past an alley , she briefly saw a figure hurrying up a fire escape, but didn't clock who it was, so she continued her search at street level.

On the roof above, Shadow was taking aim at the approaching buzz bombers using the optic on his grenade launcher. He put the reticle over the middle Buzz Bomber and squeezed the trigger, firing off a grenade with a loud "bloop". If he hit his mark, it would almost certianly disable the others closest to his target.

Mobotropolis

Bunnie blinked when she saw the bird fly away. Leaning back inside the car, she turne dot HArry.

"Did you see that or am I going nuts?"

Hotel

"Just some soup please," replied Hope, before turning to the beaver.

"What else do you expect me to do? I can't magic a rocket out of thin air," she snapped back.

Posted

“Nicole?” asked Tails, worried.

“I am finefunctioning adequately,” the small handheld replied.  “I believe I can restore this Mobian’s free will.”

“Okay Nicole, good luck,” said Tails, connecting the handheld unit to the robot suited Mobian, as if by instinct.

-------------

Harry was staring in his wing mirror a little disbelievingly.  “If… we saw the same thing, then yes… But why would one of those tin machines carry a bird around?” he wondered.

-------------

Mercia, City Rooftops

The Buzz Bomber saw Shadows incoming grenade and swooped to the side, dodging.  The Bomber behind him was not so lucky, and rendered the dodge moot as it detonated, causing the squad to tumble from the sky.  And a few moments later, dazed birds began emerging from the wreckage.

-------------

“What do you even mean by ‘rocket’?  Don’t talk gibberish!” the beaver almost screamed, “We need to escape!”

“Where to?” shouted another patron.  “He said he was all over the world!”

--------------

The mechanical wolves watched the strake of fire as Cronic took off.

“Target out of range,” one reported.

“Target now higher priority for capture and conversion,” spoke the leader.  “Recall other units and pursue.”

In the village, the advancing robots suddenly paused and turned around, heading towards the mountain the Cronic had overshot.

--------------

Mercia

“Are, are you sure boss?” asked Charmy, flying around a little scared.  “We could still do something to help, can’t we?”

--------------

Wing Fortress

“Why would you not?” asked Alpha.  “You will feel no pain, or sadness.  You will no longer age or decay.”

As the converted Mobian left, a Swat Bot arrived from the same direction.   “The Conversion Chamber is ready for the Guardian” It reported.

Posted

Wing Fortress

Gamma looks to Alpha then walks over to Knuckles and Julie-Su's cage. Knuckles slowly moves to the back of the cell as Julie-Su makes a small noise of waking up. He looks to her for a brief moment as Gamma opens the door.

"It is time, Guardian." he says as he walks in. Knuckles slowly crouches and then dashes forward, kicking Gamma in his open frame. Gamma falls to a knee, giving out a large spark noise as some of his circuits to stall. The blow to metal left Knuckles stunned however, as he immediately falls to the ground, holding his knee in pain. Gamma then grabs him by the head and aims his blaster at his face in retaliation. 

Posted

Felidae Village - Pais Misterioso

Blaze and the other Felidae tasked with the villages' defence were understandably confused at to why the mechanized wolves just suddenly turned around and began walking away, however, Blaze quickly put two and two together, and figured out why they had.

"...They've deemed the hedgehog a higher priority target." Blaze said, turning her gaze to the mountain's peak, as the streak of flame crashed into the mountain a short distance below the peak.

"As cold as this may seem, there is little we can do for him now. He must escape on his own, or he will be captured. But this is not without it's blessings too. With those things focused upon him, it gives us time to better ready our defences. I don't know about you, but I'm going to take that opportunity while I still can." Blaze said, looking at the other Felidae as she spoke, and returned her gaze to the peak when she was done.

"You'd better get away, Cronic, lest my time spent on you be wasted." She thought to herself, and set to work preparing to protect her home.

Mountain Ascent - Pais Misterioso

"Gnnngh..! That's going to sting tomorrow..." Cronic said, having struck the mountain near enough face first, rolling over onto his back, one hand resting on his forehead as he slowly sat up. Looking down, however, his eyes widened. Not only from the sight of the Robots at the mountains base looking to ascend it... But the sight of the ones heading to join them from the village as well.

"Probably got about half-hour tops before the first wave gets here. Significantly less if they can fly." Cronic said to himself, and turned to look towards the Peak.

"No way I'm going to get past through them. My only choice is to head up the mountain, claim whatever is up here, and down the opposite side. Failing that, I'll just have to employ the same trick I used to get here to try and get off this island and hope my powers hold up long enough for me to reach a different landmass... Heaven only knows where I'm going to end up." Cronic said to himself, and began his ascent without another word.

"This is a terrible idea. But I don't have time to figure out a better one." Cronic thought to himself, not looking down, keeping himself focused to his task.

Posted

Mercia

With a bit more effort Amy and Rouge got the lid off the crate, allowing them to peer inside in utter perplexion.

"It's a... big vase. Not exactly war winning material, though it does look valuable. 800 years old, I recognise the pattern from that era," said Rouge, glad to be able to use her rudimentary archaeological knowledge.

"Well I did say he was a collector."

"Makes me wonder what else your cousin has locked up here."

"More of the same actually," came a voice from the other end of the warehouse as Rob made his way to them. Amy could barely contain her joy at seeing her cousin alive and well, but managed to keep herself from screaming given the circumstances.

---

On the rooftop, Shadow peered down at the wreckage withba smug grin, which quickly disappeared when he saw the birds flying out, a phenomenon he quickly jotted in his notes as "small robots contain animals as well- appear unharmed by process". As he stood there wondering why only the smaller machines did not harm their captives, as well as how quickly he had become adjusted to a world where killer robots were not just the preserve of fiction, he noticed someone running over: Fiona had heard the explosion and spotted him as she looked for the source.

"That was easier than I thought. I'm Fiona. You interviewed about that weird pod. I've been sent to help you out here," she called up to him.

"Yes, I remember. Shall we take this somewhere less exposed? I'll fill you in there," he called back before making his way down.

Hotel

"Running around screaming won't help anything," said Hope, trying to stay calm as she wondered what she should do next.

Mobotropolis

"I dunno. Those birds seemed ok. They can't be just capturing them or why would they be chasing us?"

Posted

Vector calmly looked back at charmy. "Just.... Trust me on that one. Ain't not much we could possibly do right now, but survive and tell the tale.... Hopefully, some white collars are bound to found a solution to all this, right ?"

And the crocodile smirked. "And that means US, may get a nice job out of it. A nice job that may just as well PAYS , he he.... " Time was against them, but they needed the rest, for now....

Posted

“Do we need to sit around here?” asked Sonic.  “Who knows what that madman is doing back home.”

“It… will take at least 24 hours for the process to be completed,” informed Nicole.  “I have initiated it, and ensured the Mobian will remain unconscious then.  You can remove the connection.”

“Let’s go then,” said Sonic, grabbing Tails just as the fox club unplugged Nicole and sprinting out of the Bunker.

-------------

“And if they were just chasing them, they wouldn’t keep the birds inside them,” said Harry.  “I don’t like this.”

-------------

“You can stay here if you want, I’m getting out of here!” said the beaver running out of the restaurant, the waiter giving a sigh of relief. 

“D-despite these… threats…we will be continuing service as usual,” he informed the patrons.

--------------

Pais Misterioso

Around the village the cats set to work, building barricades and preparing choke points around the village.  One of the warriors approaches Blaze.

“All the defences we can muster will not matter if we cannot destroy these invaders,” he spoke, trying not to let his fear show.

At the base of the mountain the robots began their assent.  The leader sent a radio signal, and from the forest a buzzing sound erupted as two squads of Buzz Bombers took off.

--------------

Mercia

“Okay boss, I trust you,” said Charmy with a smile, landing across from Vector.  “Maybe we’ll get a job that won’t mean running across the whole world!” he grinned.

--------------

Wing Fortress

“A futile display of bravado Guardian,” said Alpha, then she turned to Gamma.  “You almost allowed yourself to be overpowered once more.  Your efficiency must improve, if you do not want to be repurposed as spare parts.”  Her voice would be almost dismissive if it wasn’t synthesed.

Posted

Wing Fortress

"My efficiency would not be an issue if Robotnik repaired my damages." Gamma talks back. "If we were createdto be the doctors most elite, why is it that he cares little about keeping me fully operational?" 

Gamma begins to turn towards Alpha, pulling Knuckles with him as the chains that binded him to the wall strain out his arms. Knuckles drops his jaw in pain, while Julie-Su finally opens her eyes again slowly to see what was going on.

Posted

Mountain Ascent, Pais Misterioso

"...Oh that is not good." Cronic thought to himself, having paused mid climb to check on the status of the robots scaling the mountain after him, only for him to spot the Buzz Bombers in flight.

"I need to move, NOW!" Cronic said to no-one in particular, as he resumed his ascent with more haste than before. He'd reach the peak soon enough, and would proceed to try and locate the meteor when he did.

"If I make it out of this mess alive, that would be a godsend at this point."

Felidae Village, Pais Misterioso

Looking at the Felidae who spoke to her, Blaze let him finish before she responded in turn.

"And if we do not ready these defenses, they'll march right in to do all manner of atrocities on us. If this is to be our final stand, then we shall go down fighting, not hiding like cowards. We've lasted this long in the midst of territorial strife with our wolf neighbors. We will die free people, or die trying. The Hedgehog is buying us time with his life on the line, even though we have previously been distrustful of him. Let's not waste that." Blaze said, before she let out a sigh.

"I won't lie. This whole situation worries me, but I worry more about what will happen if I turn and run from this duty." The cat said, the concern evident on her voice.

"We have a chance to make it out of this one as we are now, else we suffer the same fate as those wolves. It's worth trying for."