NegaMetallix

Sonic #252 Early Info (POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS)

69 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Apparently, the preview pages for Sonic #252 (At All Costs, Part 2) showed up somewhere on Facebook. Although it may not be 100% correct, someone did put up a summary of what was previewed. But be warned; this possibly contains MAJOR SPOILERS for what happens to Sonic's World after 'Worlds Collide':

Sonic gets back to "Mobius" with his memories of everything prior intact. He is confused about being in New Mobotropolis where the Tails Doll attacks the castle of Acorn. Tails meets him and says he took a heavy hit. Sonic asks where Amy and Silver are, but Tails doesn't know where Amy is and the last time they saw Silver was when they rescued the Wisps (aka Colours DS adaptation-ish), which is contrary to the events of #247 that Sonic remembers. Sonic says that they were supposed to be rescuing Sally, but Tails says that they're following a tip from NICOLE to save King Acorn. Sonic suspects that Naugus may be involved. Meanwhile, in the castle, it turns out that Naugus had made a promise to NICOLE in return for her making a power ring to restore his magic. He is in his natural body (NOT possessing Geoffrey) and called Wally by NICOLE for some reason. While he's shouting at NICOLE to hurry up, he suddenly gets visions of the timeline prior to WWC, is confused by them, throws NICOLE's handheld form against the wall and rushes out of the room.

What are your thoughts, guys? (I know there's a chance that it's incorrect, but it's all we've got right now.)

Wally? Why would he be called Wally? Strange. But interesting. I'll be interested to read it when it comes out

A little weird but we'll know the full story when it comes out.

wally? maybe it's because of colliding of worlds, and sonic wasn't able to save his own world, because of eggman.

OK, let see

-No mention of Geoffrey and others but I not losing hope

-Sonic havent seen Silver since Sonic Colors. Soft reboot confirmed.

-Nicole looks the same except clothing. Thats good. Why she's back to handheld?

- Naugus loses it. I think we all seen it coming. Wonder if he still hears voices.

Lookes like few next issues will be veeery confusing. At least artwork looks good.

The world blinks once and you get…Ixis-Wally Naugus. Like a certain blue cat says, what the what!?

The good thing is, he's not possessing Geoffrey anymore

Oh my, I have more questions in my head now than answers, it hurts. I'm not liking the idea of a soft reboot, I'll really miss everything but at least its not total reboot though, phew! I'm worried for all the Penders characters, I'm hoping they'll show up in some upcoming issues and reveal them one by one but that may or may not happen. So all the "Another time and another place" stories are canon now? Oh it hurts again, so many questions and worries..

Oh my, I have more questions in my head now than answers, it hurts. I'm not liking the idea of a soft reboot, I'll really miss everything but at least its not total reboot though, phew! I'm worried for all the Penders characters, I'm hoping they'll show up in some upcoming issues and reveal them one by one but that may or may not happen. So all the "Another time and another place" stories are canon now? Oh it hurts again, so many questions and worries..

I feel your pain. I also hope that the Penders characters will appear soon. However, I think that if they do appear, it will be a little later than the restwhen the whole thing has calmed down a bit more. It may not be the case, but it's what I think

As for the reboot, a total reboot would be awful. I thought the comic was doing fine as it was, so I felt no need for a reboot at all. But at the same time, I'm curious to see what will come from this

I thought it would turn out to be a very subtle reboot, however this does shake things up a bit. The game based stories might be canon, but that's nearly impossible to tell right now. Hopefully we'll have the questions lessened in our heads when we read the rest of 252.

Heh its alright, thanks for understanding me guys. I'm pretty sure everyone's generally feeling the same way. I'm agreeing with what you both just said. I mean, honestly reading those perview pages makes me feel like I'm in some nightmare of Sonic's, he himself seems to fully remember past events while everyone is not. It doesn't feel like the Mobius I know anymore, everything feels so different with the absence of so many characters as well, I feel very lost. To think I've fallen in love with the comic and it's storyline just two years ago only for the creative team to take on a completely new direction and (with Tails line on the Wisps) to suddenly add in a game's storyline into the continuity randomly is so odd.

But yes, it's too early to judge and I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it to be. I'm looking forward to what the Countdown to Chaos arc has to offer and the creative team saying issue 256 is going to be major shock is both intersting and worrying at the same time for me.

Heh its alright, thanks for understanding me guys. I'm pretty sure everyone's generally feeling the same way. I'm agreeing with what you both just said. I mean, honestly reading those perview pages makes me feel like I'm in some nightmare of Sonic's, he himself seems to fully remember past events while everyone is not. It doesn't feel like the Mobius I know anymore, everything feels so different with the absence of so many characters as well, I feel very lost. To think I've fallen in love with the comic and it's storyline just two years ago only for the creative team to take on a completely new direction and (with Tails line on the Wisps) to suddenly add in a game's storyline into the continuity randomly is so odd.

But yes, it's too early to judge and I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it to be. I'm looking forward to what the Countdown to Chaos arc has to offer and the creative team saying issue 256 is going to be major shock is both intersting and worrying at the same time for me.

I don't think they'd say "shock" unless it was a good thing ;) Of course the team can't make every fan happy, but I do hope nothing too extreme comes in a negative way. But I'm laid back about and I'll roll with whatever they're planning. It's all about waiting and watching when it comes to this sort of thing.

Hmm... come to think of it, I think I have a theory on what might happen in 'Countdown To Chaos'. (I'll put it in spoiler tags incase you don't wanna read it.)

You know the solicitation for Issue 255 that was recently revealed? Remember the part that suggested that Eggman might be the only one who can save the world? Well, what if his plan is to use the Genesis Wave one last time (perhaps he gets a Chaos Emerald from G.U.N.) to fix the world, restoring the old timeline without changing the characters' new appearences? ...Actually, that's very unlikely, but every other theory I had is way too confusing for even myself to understand.

Also, now that I've seen the complete preview courtesy of Bumbleking's forums, I'm definately... intrigued by the 'current' events. (Oh, and Colours DS is now canon.)

I know about NegaMetallix's post about this, but I'm going in more detail here.

1. Only Sonic remembers the world before the #247 Genesis Wave.

2. Team Fighters is in New Mobotropolis, but Amy is nowhere to be seen.

3. As far as Tails Doll goes, we're back where #247 left off.

4. Nicole still has her hand-held form.

5. The second Naugus touches that form, he gets his memories from before the #247 Genesis Wave back.

6. In reaction, he panics and runs away.

This should help spice things up a bit. Here's the preview pages of 'At All Costs Part 2':

crbJDch.jpg4WKsikL.jpgNIDQpBp.jpgsZaHQoL.jpg9FHPl0l.jpgbNHfBrU.jpg

Wait-wait-wait! Naugus just... leaves? That's it? (Ok, that's most likely not be the true end, but still!) ...Well, at least that edtior's note was pretty funny.

Hmm... come to think of it, I think I have a theory on what might happen in 'Countdown To Chaos'. (I'll put it in spoiler tags incase you don't wanna read it.)

You know the solicitation for Issue 255 that was recently revealed? Remember the part that suggested that Eggman might be the only one who can save the world? Well, what if his plan is to use the Genesis Wave one last time (perhaps he gets a Chaos Emerald from G.U.N.) to fix the world, restoring the old timeline without changing the characters' new appearences? ...Actually, that's very unlikely, but every other theory I had is way too confusing for even myself to understand.

Also, now that I've seen the complete preview courtesy of Bumbleking's forums, I'm definately... intrigued by the 'current' events. (Oh, and Colours DS is now canon.)

I think you could be right there. It's the only outcome that would make sense, so you may have just inadvertently announced some major spoilers.

It does sound like something which could happen. And it fits in well. So, I guess it is a possibility

Are you guys surprised? I'm so much I'm not sure I can blink!

Are you guys surprised? I'm so much I'm not sure I can blink!

Not really. If Eggman does that, I'd probably roll my eyes, shake my head and go "Eggman"

I think you could be right there. It's the only outcome that would make sense, so you may have just inadvertently announced some major spoilers.

Huh... guess it's a good thing I put it under spoiler tags, then. But yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if I've inadvertently given away a major plot-point. (Sorry if I have.)

Don't worry if you have spoiled it. It was a guess, not you revealing a fact.

And think of the bragging rights if you're correct!

Heh, yeah. Though if my theory does turn out to be correct (or close enough), then maybe I could 'theorize' Eggman Nega into the comics! (*evil laughter*)

Er, anyway. Back on topic: I just posted the preview pages on Max1996's topic post on this issue (it should be directly under this topic post). Go check it out if you want to get more details on Issue 252 so far. You may even get to see what happens to Ixis Naugus... which may or may not disappoint you.