Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
឴

Touhou

22 posts in this topic

Edited by ឴

A few gameplay tips about Touhou: First, practice. It took me a few months to be able to 1cc Touhou 8's easy mode consistently. Maybe I'm just bad, I don't know. Second, stream. Streaming is a technique described by some as "be where you weren't." Essentially, move left or right very slowly, then move the other way very slowly. If you don't know what to do, do this, as most enemies aim straight at you. Bosses generally have either attacks based on your location or "static" attacks, which are the same no matter where you are. Generally, there's a minor static element in some attacks.

By the way, ever tried to play Touhou music? It's pretty tough.

So in general, It's all about shooting in the general directionof the ennemi, and not being shot down on the way to victory? I can do it.

49b.jpg

ps: Told ya I would do that.

I haven't played these games, but it sounds interesting so I might give it try. If I find the game

So in general, It's all about shooting in the general directionof the ennemi, and not being shot down on the way to victory? I can do it.

49b.jpg

ps: Told ya I would do that.

Yeah, hit 'em 'till they die, don't get hit.

I haven't played these games, but it sounds interesting so I might give it try. If I find the game

They're very easy to find, especially on the massively-popular filesharing sites. Like, ones with movies about them.

Edit: With ships.

Edited by Fwiss
ships

The fifth annual Cirno Day will be here in a little over a month, I just realized.

post-28-0-87367600-1375715907_thumb.jpg

And what is this ? sounds like a con or something.

No, just --

Well, the first Cirno Day was on 09/09/09.

So in terms of those new mechanics in Touhou 14, do you think it's better to go for the items every time you can get them at 0.5, or try to wait until they get to 2.0 for an insured life up?

Depend of your playstyle, don't you think? and the actual situation : If you can handle yourself, why not going for another Big bonus? But if you don't have time for that : STACK UP the little ones.

I have to wonder if the pro players are actually, you know, counting the number of items onscreen or something, though I guess they memorize the stage more than anything.

Depend of the game itself : does it follow a specific Pattern , or is it randomised and the player mostly try to learn what attack does what and how to counter it ?

There is almost nothing random in Touhou. I guess I should memorize the enemy locations, durations, etc. It was easier to memorize the UFOs in Touhou 12: UFO.

Man, it's lile taking a paper and making your own map back in thise eitghies first person RPG .... Maybe youshould do thesame , if you don't want to follow a guide .

Hmm, mapping out Touhou? I'd think it's a bit tougher than mapping out Sonic 2's special stages.

EDIT: Listening to any Touhou bands?

Not a map of rhe games pal. More a reminder of what happen where . Like a paper filled with words and advice on what to do next .

I can imagine somebody slowing down Touhou, putting a timer on, and making a note of the exact time each enemy spawns, how many, where, etc.

huh.... If I were not a gamer myself , I would be a bit scared ... but since it's not the case, I can understand the idea of understandung this kind of things . Remind me a bit of more strategical games lile Hitman , or sniper elite 1 ... god , I tried to rememer the pattern of the guard to know when to move and avoid as much contact as possible .... I suppose some series are just that technicals ....

Hmm, Touhou 14 has been out for a few hours now.

So, what was ZUN thinking on the Stage 5 boss's spell cards?

She FLIPS the screen around, including control.

Ahahha , The good old mirror Level , I'm both glad and bitter about this one ,As it always sound forced.