Shadow

General Anime/Manga Thread

121 posts in this topic

The new season of Sword Art Online has now started! And... I'm not having a bad time actually. But hey, I'm most of the time indifferent to other people. I'm still looking forward to future episodes and it's very likely that I'll watch every episode on release.

But mother of Cheery, if it's one thing they're good at, it's definitely the openings. Holy... AOI EIR <3

http://youtu.be/G09Ad2PUnpA

Just finished Ao No Exorcist! That was awesome. Amazing. And every other word that describes this quality. It's my no means perfect, but eh, my time was so well spent. And that grand finale... oh god, I've seen good finales but this one is somewhere around the top.

I'm literally out of words so I'll stop here. It's been a while since I watched/finished an anime but this one makes me jump back right into them.

Just finished Ao No Exorcist! That was awesome. Amazing. And every other word that describes this quality. It's my no means perfect, but eh, my time was so well spent. And that grand finale... oh god, I've seen good finales but this one is somewhere around the top.

I'm literally out of words so I'll stop here. It's been a while since I watched/finished an anime but this one makes me jump back right into them.

Ah! Blue Exorcist! It was a really good anime! :D Watched it the moment it aired and all. Nice story and awesome characters. :3 Glad you enjoyed it, Cheery.

Ah! Blue Exorcist! It was a really good anime! :D Watched it the moment it aired and all. Nice story and awesome characters. :3 Glad you enjoyed it, Cheery.

It even managed to be my 4th favorite anime! ...Which isn't saying that much, but it's still an accomplishment nonetheless. And it has indeed bought me back into anime. In the meantime I have also watched Black Bullet, which was... impressive? Yeah, might just be the right word. And currently I'm watching Shakugan no Shana II, which I'm halfway through already. Although this season has kind of an identity crisis (felt more like highschool love stories), I'm... still enjoying it. Especially the episodes where Pheles shows up.

It even managed to be my 4th favorite anime! ...Which isn't saying that much, but it's still an accomplishment nonetheless. And it has indeed bought me back into anime. In the meantime I have also watched Black Bullet, which was... impressive? Yeah, might just be the right word. And currently I'm watching Shakugan no Shana II, which I'm halfway through already. Although this season has kind of an identity crisis (felt more like highschool love stories), I'm... still enjoying it. Especially the episodes where Pheles shows up.

Cool! Nice it made it to Top 5 list!

Oh my. I thought I read Black Butler. Silly me. Hmmm.. Is Black Bullet any good?

Never finished Shakugan no Shana. TwT

Cool! Nice it made it to Top 5 list!

Oh my. I thought I read Black Butler. Silly me. Hmmm.. Is Black Bullet any good?

Never finished Shakugan no Shana. TwT

Definitely. Black Bullet may just be my 5th favorite at the moment, though Shakugan no Shana is coming really close at the moment. It's only 13 episodes, which may or may not be a disadventage. Some animes just require more than 13 episodes because there are too many things left out. Black Bullet only leaves small things out, but they keep the main line in check, and so do pretty good. It also suprised me, because I though it was some kind of shooting assassination anime. But no, it was a post-apocalyptic anime. Shooting isn't really even that important in the anime at all. An impressive anime which suprised me in a good way.

I really like Shakugan no Shana. I can't deny the flaws it has (many people hate season 2 and 3), but I don't mind them. Season 2 does have an identity crisis, but it does work more on the characters, which I didn't care for in the first season. Don't really care too much for them now anyways, but I appreciate it.

I have watched many different anime series and read many mangas.. but my all time favorite will be now and forever: Sonic X. Though I love many other animes as well.. but this was the first one to actually make me cry... so many sad scenes ;_____; and great story. right now I'm watching No Game No Life. and still watching One Piece, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Beelzebub, and waiting for Black Butler Book Of Circus' OVA episode.. which might take a while..

Definitely. Black Bullet may just be my 5th favorite at the moment, though Shakugan no Shana is coming really close at the moment. It's only 13 episodes, which may or may not be a disadventage. Some animes just require more than 13 episodes because there are too many things left out. Black Bullet only leaves small things out, but they keep the main line in check, and so do pretty good. It also suprised me, because I though it was some kind of shooting assassination anime. But no, it was a post-apocalyptic anime. Shooting isn't really even that important in the anime at all. An impressive anime which suprised me in a good way.

I really like Shakugan no Shana. I can't deny the flaws it has (many people hate season 2 and 3), but I don't mind them. Season 2 does have an identity crisis, but it does work more on the characters, which I didn't care for in the first season. Don't really care too much for them now anyways, but I appreciate it.

Cool! And post-apocalyptic? I LIKEY! *writes Back Bullet on her Must Watch Anime list* Ah yes, the dreaded 13 episode thing. Made me wonder why anime is cut down like that when in the past, common anime episodes were like 25 or more episodes.

Hmmm... Maybe I should continue watching Shakugan no Shana?

I have watched many different anime series and read many mangas.. but my all time favorite will be now and forever: Sonic X. Though I love many other animes as well.. but this was the first one to actually make me cry... so many sad scenes ;_____; and great story. right now I'm watching No Game No Life. and still watching One Piece, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Beelzebub, and waiting for Black Butler Book Of Circus' OVA episode.. which might take a while..

KuroPoopsuji's Book of Circus has an OVA after its 10-anime episode? *scratches head* I thought it was Book of Murder... Oh well. Might as well be on the lookout. :3

Hmmm... Maybe I should continue watching Shakugan no Shana?

Well, let me put it this way. I finished the entirety of Shakugan no Shana III in give or take 2 days. But if that doesn't say enough yet:

THAT FINAL SEASON WAS LAST ORDERING AWESOME.

Y'know, I could almost say this season was perfect, if it wasn't for one thing: Introducing too many characters at once, with us just guessing who they are. We know nothing about them, and only a select few get the right amount of attention throughout the entire season, leaving the others just there. Probably this is handled better in the mango (that typo was on purpose btw), but if they had done that in the final season, it might have been perfect.

It's competing for a fourth place in my top 10 anime. It probably won't even take long. This is my current top 10:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (S)

3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

4. Ao No Exorcist

5. Shakugan no Shana

6. Black Bullet

7. Sword Art Online (II) (Really, the second season is doing a pretty good job.)

8. To Aru Majutsu no Index

9. Log Horizon

10. Zettai Bouei Leviathan (Not really noteworthy but hey, now I got a top 10. Yay.)

Currently watching Hidan no Aria, which is average.. but that's it really. Sure, I love the main Tsundere character, but she is not worthy of an entire season of anime. And this might also be the most fanservicey anime I have watched in my entire life. Guy gets additional powers by coming in contact with perverted stuff. I guess that says enough.

if anyone knows any good anime series (which doesn't have much ecchi or fan service) then then please tell me. also if any new horror series... then I'd love to see them :3

if anyone knows any good anime series (which doesn't have much ecchi or fan service) then then please tell me. also if any new horror series... then I'd love to see them :3

I can't recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood enough. It's almost flawness. Almost perfect. It's just an amazing anime.

Other than that... To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun if you're into the science vs magic genre. Though it does contain fan service at times. Oh, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Don't look at it and think of it as a childish show with magic girls. You will be proven wrong on literally every field. Still though, it's a great anime.

I've already watched FMA Brotherhood and Madoka xD and I'm going to watch To Aru Majutsu No Index and Kagaku No Railgun as well. (they're on my list! :3) but thanks anyway! you know some good anime series Shadow!

I've already watched FMA Brotherhood and Madoka xD and I'm going to watch To Aru Majutsu No Index and Kagaku No Railgun as well. (they're on my list! :3) but thanks anyway! you know some good anime series Shadow!

Thank you kindly, miss~

recently completed Mirai Nikki/future diary (manga only)

it was...intresting

1 person likes this

Well, let me put it this way. I finished the entirety of Shakugan no Shana III in give or take 2 days. But if that doesn't say enough yet:

THAT FINAL SEASON WAS LAST ORDERING AWESOME.

Y'know, I could almost say this season was perfect, if it wasn't for one thing: Introducing too many characters at once, with us just guessing who they are. We know nothing about them, and only a select few get the right amount of attention throughout the entire season, leaving the others just there. Probably this is handled better in the mango (that typo was on purpose btw), but if they had done that in the final season, it might have been perfect.

It's competing for a fourth place in my top 10 anime. It probably won't even take long. This is my current top 10:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (S)

3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

4. Ao No Exorcist

5. Shakugan no Shana

6. Black Bullet

7. Sword Art Online (II) (Really, the second season is doing a pretty good job.)

8. To Aru Majutsu no Index

9. Log Horizon

10. Zettai Bouei Leviathan (Not really noteworthy but hey, now I got a top 10. Yay.)

Currently watching Hidan no Aria, which is average.. but that's it really. Sure, I love the main Tsundere character, but she is not worthy of an entire season of anime. And this might also be the most fanservicey anime I have watched in my entire life. Guy gets additional powers by coming in contact with perverted stuff. I guess that says enough.

Interesting. I should watch Shakugan during my Christmas break then. Thanks Cheery! :3 And on the list..Already watched.... FMA, Puella, Blue Exorcist and Imma starting on LH since my roomie has a copy of it. :D

What genre do you usually go for, Shinomi? And for horror... NOt entirely new series... but I suggest Another and Hellsing Ultimate.

Edited by Inuki

well I love almost all genres... (but mainly Horror) and I've watched Another (AWESOME!!) and yeah maybe I'll watch Hellsing Ultimate. :D

well I love almost all genres... (but mainly Horror) and I've watched Another (AWESOME!!) and yeah maybe I'll watch Hellsing Ultimate. :D

Nice. I'm sure you won't regret it if you're totally into horror without heavy focus on romance. *rolls eyes*

okay :D next up on mY: "gotta watch these awesome anime series" list Hellsing Ultimate!

I love anime to death because it know's what age we are and try to make it appeal to all ages and while I do love comic books I do enjoy reading manga time to time in fact when I was at Barnes and noble they have 3 manga of megaman gigamix/rockman megamix which I bought all of them but still hasn't red yet but looking forward to.

oh anime and manga basically my life.... and pretty much every other Otaku's life o_o unless you count in the video games as well.. and Cosplay.

The best part about being an anime fan is you get to dress up and cosplay as them and august I went to an anime conversation and I dress as Edward Eric from fullmetal alchemist best weekend ever. 

I cosplayed as Leo from Pandora Hearts xD but.. it's a shame that they sell the tickets for those events so fast O_O I mean... for this new event they sold out all of the tickets in 3 MINUTES!

I never cosplayed before. *sits in a corner* i love video games tho.

Lol. Did you watch it already, Shinomi?