Shadow

General Anime/Manga Thread

121 posts in this topic

Hi guys! :3

(Just finished rewatching Gingitsune and rewatching Gintama again. X3)

I should watch Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun OVA abd Noragami OVA's and start that Nisekoi already Dx

I should watch Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun OVA abd Noragami OVA's and start that Nisekoi already Dx

Are they good? :3

I just finished Hyperdimension Neptunia the anime and Nagi no Asukara a while back :3. And now I have no idea what to watch for the next one during my breaks... grr, there's too much! I have an interest in watching Higurashi, though I doubt that's a good one to watch during my work breaks. Because you know, from what I've heard, they have no shame in showing the most brutal of death scenes. I don't mind, but I know people who do.

They are. Though I say watch the series first before OVA's xD Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun is a romance anime I was saying "JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY YOU IDIOTS!!" during the entire show xD

(Shadow you're absolutely right do not watch it unless your alone somewhere without many people it is pretty brutal and also you'll have to watch 2 seasons to get the full story. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai. Don't bother with Kira version Rei is.... um.. watchable but weird stuff happening Kira is.. the opposite of horror and gore... (I still have traumas for that)

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I'll probably go watch it in a dark room midnight or something. So far I have never been scared by any media in my entire life except for Secret of Evermore when I was kiddie, mainly due to the atmosphere. Hey, I'm currently watching Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan and only the first bloody murder I though wow, but the atmosphere was so... weird that it didn't bother me for long. Especially since they aren't really dead. They get revived anyways. It's more there for humor sake I suppose.

Oh right Dokuro-chan.. I watched 5 episodes but it just wasn't for me (ecchi you see?) but horror isn't the reason I was traumatized by Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kira (4th season) it was all thanks to ecchi... yeah. Too bad ecchi scenes for me. Then again I'm not much of a fan of it anyway.. Little bit of it doesn't bother me but... yeah.. don't watch Kira it's the opposite of awesome Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai. Also there's another horror/mystery anime called Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. It's from the same creator but I recommend it. It has got greater story in the manga but I at least am too lazy to read the opening chapters... (lots of talking about money and that stuff..) The anime ends in a cliffhanger so far no continuity... But it's still great. (lots of weirdness and gore).. I watched it when suddenly my dad came in xD he just looked at me and said: "So... THIS is what you're watching?" and I calmly turned around and with a poker face said: "Yeah." Then he left the room without saying anything... Parents. xD

Yeah, the amount of Ecchi in Dokuro-chan is ridiculous. I'm beginning to question what audience they're aiming for actually. I mean, the blood and ecchi scenes definitely aren't ment for kids, but the humor kind of is I suppose. Oh well, I'm not having a bad time, but several anime already made me kind of immune to Ecchi, so I can watch them without being annoyed fortunately. Not too big a fan of horror myself because I'm not easily scared, but somehow Higarashi gives off an.. interesting feeling. And it doesn't look like one that uses horrorlike jumpscares, but works more with the atmosphere. There's a reason I dislike FNAF with a passion. It happens a lot that a familiar person walks in while I'm watching anime, though most of the time nothing happens. Watched Zero no Tsukaima at school, status as pervert instantly granted.

Well all I can say in Umineko they just showed dead bodies in close picture with a smashed heads and legs so... Even though they censored it quite well.. yeah. and I know Higurashi has got something that just makes you.. well not scared.. but.. you might get paranoid or get the feeling you're not safe or something. Hard to explain you know? even the first seconds I was staring at the screen like: " O_O ... okay then." 

*is planning on rewatching Blood-C**sees ecchi and blood from above posters* *realizes Blood-C has the same* ummm.... okei. I'll rewatch you. XD

I can't afford to re-watch anything right now with my situation.. (too much anime to finish first! Also planning on watching some old cartoons because nostalgia feeling)

Edited by Shinomi-chan

A couple days ago, at the request of my sister, I started some new anime specifically, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Ore Monogatari, and I freaking love them so far, I'm looking forward to watching more. I also started Overlord (which after only two episodes looks like it's gonna be interesting) watched all of the dub for No Game No Life (soooo good) and have started Durarara X2 Ten (looooove it).

Question, who all uses myanimelist? is it fine to share them here?

Yesh, of course it's fine to share em here! Think I've already linked mine on several occasions, but here it is again just in case:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bokxie

Finished Dokuro-Chan. Eh, it was fun, but not really planning to rewatch it anytime soon, neither do I really recommend it. Still happy to see Dokuro-Chan in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Speaking of which, when is that game finally coming out over here? They said Q3, but I haven't heard anything in a good while.

Also watching Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica. Eh, it's okay. Doesn't really do anything I haven't seen yet though. Just your regular magic/ecchi anime so far. Can't really judge on just one episode though.

well, I guess I'll post mine then

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shadowxx25

it's not always up to date with what I've watched and the scores I give them.

Hmm.. You have a lot of anime I've watched too.. and lot of anime I'm going to watch on your list. Also few I know by name but haven't really watched. Good list :)

Hmm.. You have a lot of anime I've watched too.. and lot of anime I'm going to watch on your list. Also few I know by name but haven't really watched. Good list :)

Thanks! I just updated it now, and I think I may try a bunch more that I've heard were good too, or I'll just finish Assassination Classroom because I may or may not be addicted to it.

(and just to make it clear, I want people's suggestions)

Edited by Shadowxx25

Oh yes. Assassination Classroom. Awesome anime. Just finished watching the OVA episodes and waiting for second season. Do you like horror anime? Because if so then I definitely recommend Another, Jigoku Shoujo, Ghost Hunt and Ghost Stories. 

Currently watching Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.! What, don't look at me like that. It's a comedical anime more than anything really. Despite having hentai in the title, most of the fanservice comes in form of writing instead of underwear. For real, I have only watched the first episode and it has far less fanservice than most other anime. So, with that out of the way.. pretty good first episode! We get introduced to the main characters, what happened to them and most likely what is going to happen for the coming 12 episodes. Characters are likeable (though I'm getting kind of annoyed by Youto's voice), and Tsukiko and me are in several ways pretty alike. So... guess that's a characters I'll be looking forward to see develop in this anime :3.

Oh that annoying voice reminds me of Searching for Fullmoon... Kouyama Mitsuki's voice actor just didn't seem right... I don't know but I just really didn't enjoy some of the noises she made (The always awesome: "Eh?" was way too high pitched for me) I was also thinking of maybe watching this anime but.. My list kind of goes on and on even without it xD

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Just today started watching Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace it's a horror mystery anime. I can only say at this point that it's.. Different. At some point it gives Another like vibes but at other times feel more like Danganronpa to me. (But the blood color is normal this time and doesn't look like grape juice) But it is interesting. Though I'm kind of having mixed feelings about this... So far it isn't actually scary.. Maybe a bit disturbing at times but not scary. I do hope it will become more intense and creepy soon enough.. (cause.. that's kind of like the point of an horror anime right?)

I'm trying to revive this thread By asking you all anime/manga fans a question: Have you ever seen/read anime/manga which might have seem to be just like any other but after watching/reading it there just seemed to be some strange charm to it so that you simply just had to watch/read it all? (yeah not really one of those "yes or no" questions xD)

I myself (as some might've noticed before) watched this newer anime called Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace and although it first seemed to be just like any other mystery/horror anime I simply had to watch it all. The characters in my opinion were all very unique and some things were never explained during the show which made me wonder.. How on earth did the characters end up like that? For example there's the main character: He didn't seem to be anything more than Basic detective type (in this case the "underestimated kid" type) and while he didn't seem to have any different skills or any remarkable features he was still interesting. He wakes up in a classroom, his teacher is killed and he is alone with his dead body, holding a bloody saw in his hand and how does he react? HE DOESN'T. He doesn't seem scared, confused or anything.. He seems interested By all this. and THAT'S what made him different from the rest of the detectives I've seen so far. (although people do not acknowledge him as such) The main character also seemed to view people he didn't think were interesting or important to him as colorful figures without real details or faces. There were few other interesting characters as well.. But I don't want to spoil TOO much.

and that's pretty much where I got interested. (of course the weird maybe even nonchalant atmosphere and the skulls in the opening song might've helped a bit.)

and if you have in fact encountered such anime or manga what was it and why? (I'd like to hear some stories :3)

Edited by Shinomi-chan

I am currently on a series called "Baccano". I got interested in it because of the interesting Mafia style it has in the show. Soon done watching the series. On the 4th disc so its very interesting i feel