Shadow

General Anime/Manga Thread

121 posts in this topic

no Inuki.. I'm sorry... ;________;

Finished watching:

No game no life - That was suprisingly good! The first give or take 4 episodes didn't really hook me, but I continued watching and I really enjoyed my time. Just the thought of everything they've been doing throughout the anime being put into the 'final battle' is mindf*cking, but once you hear their explaination it sounds great. Something I would have never come up with it.

Though I was very sleepy, what was up with the final scene of episode 12? Something with Old Deus or something? I just couldn't follow what was going on exactly.

Currently watching:

Zero no Tsukaima - Been recommended to me by several people, even though I was already planning to watch it. But thanks anyways, I'm enjoying it! You guys know me too good I suppose...

Just what I needed though. Fantasy, Magic, Tsundere main protagonist, Fantasy world. I like. Feel sorry for the main male protagonist/narrator though. Sure, he gets to see Louise naked all the time, but he's threated like a dog. At least, in the first 2 episodes. Can't speak of the rest.

No Game No Life is great anime the only downside was: way too much fan service... o_o'' I mean sure there could've been a little.. but.. 

and I really enjoyed the show and all.. just not a fan of ecchi... at least not when there's too much of it. but otherwise great story, interesting characters and Season 2 where are you?! Dx

No Game No Life is great anime the only downside was: way too much fan service... o_o'' I mean sure there could've been a little.. but.. 

and I really enjoyed the show and all.. just not a fan of ecchi... at least not when there's too much of it. but otherwise great story, interesting characters and Season 2 where are you?! Dx

Well, there's two kind of fan service for me: Hidan no Aria and No game no life. Hidan no Aria just put it in to attract viewers and I got annoyed by it very quickly (Main male protagonist gets kind of super powers from perverted stuff, so you know where I'm going with this), while No game no life brings it in a funny way. Yes, there definitely is too much fanservice, but it made me laugh more than being annoyed.

And yesh, I want season 2. Now. And considering the very positive reception it got, it wouldn't suprise me it wouldn't take too long.

yeah well I don't like either one.. true in No Game No Life some of them were hilarious but I just didn't like that there was so much of it... (I'm not really into that kind of stuff) but yeah waiting for season 2 since it ended like that...

no Inuki.. I'm sorry... ;________;

Its alright! *pats yer back*

Imma currently rewatching:

X/1999

okay ;_____; *hugs Inuki* x3

I'm currently watching Gunsmith Cats and I can highly recommend it, it's got a great 70s/80s cop show feel to it, an interesting plot and all of the main characters are a joy to watch. The level of detail on the Shelby GT 500 and all the weapons is also rather impressive.

Durg doesn't watch anime too much... I just read manga sometimes, and not too often...

Recently finished Gash Bell, which is also an anime. Recently as in last summer...

Watching the second season of Zero no Tsukamaima, because I really liked the first season. Beware though, it contains a lot of fanservice. Not as much as anime like Hidan no Aria, but it happens pretty often. You are warned Shinomi! Still a great anime though. And that opening!

Welp, that was fast.

And now, I've finished the final season Zero no Tsukaime: Futatsuki no Kishi, Princesses no Rondo, and F - Finished the final 3 season in less than a week. I think that says enough about how much I love this anime. And it's also one of those anime that gets better with every season, the last being the best of course. It did have a LOT of fanservice (which also increased with every season), though I should've known that since one of it's genre is ecchi. And in all honesty... I didn't really mind it here. It wasn't just thrown in your face to show the anime has smexi gurls with big b00bies. It actually did things for the relationship between Saito and Loise, which is by the way currently my favorite couple in anime. Like, ever. I wouldn't even mind if the anime turned into a hentai in the last episodes or so. Well, it would've but everytime they were planning to do something ecchi, they were interrupted by one of Saito's harem girls. The action was good too and the story, while predictable at times, was also good. If you are able to ignore the fanservice like me, please give it a go. You won't regret it. It's not the best anime I've watched, but it certainly is one of my favorites.

Spoiler for final episode:

It does also help that the final episode had everyone coming together to fight of the catastrophe. Shakugan no Shana did that, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood did, and so forth. Every anime I've watched that does that is very high up my list, so in many cases the ending does matter in my final justification of the anime itself.

Has anyone here watched Fullmoon Wo SagaPoope? It's anime based on Arina Tanemura's manga. It doesn't follow manga's story but I'd say the ending was happy enough. Or at least good enough to distract all the viewers xD Sure it's "old" anime and not perfect but I really enjoyed watching it. It has got like 50-60 episodes if I'm correct.. 

My girlfriend and I just finished watching the classic Samurai Champloo. I really love the musical influence the show has which makes sense coming from the director of Cowboy Bebop. The art still looks great for today's anime and the dub is actually really good! It is one of the few anime that I prefer to watch dubbed instead of subbed...

Oh and the story is great too! ;P

How many episodes does it have? I was thinking of watching it one day.. I haven't heard much about it though..

It's just your standard 26 episodes. I definitely recommend it!

Oh great :D So it's not that long. Good. I mean I have few other series +200 episodes so.. This is great x3

I recently watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part III (Stardust Crusaders) and I was amazed. The show is really impressive. Despite being a direct adaptation from the manga, it suffers very little from a pacing problem, and there's nothing short of jokes, tensions, and badass action sequences. The first season has 23 episodes and is on-going, but comparing it to something like Dragonball Kai, it's a whole different quality in directing.

Come to think of it, Dragon Ball Kai should have had the same treatment as JoJo anime, not the cut and paste materials we got.

Edited by arekpowalan

AAAAAAAAAARGH! My anime list is so long =-='' Still have to watch +10 different animes and I was supposed to start: Nisekoi, Gekkan-Shoujo Nozaki-Kun, Devil is a part-timer, Noragami, Devil Survivors 2, Hellsing Ultimate, (maybe Trinity Blood not sure but the manga version of it was pretty good), Psycho Pass, Rinne, (maybe Ranma 1/2) and few others..

I have been watching Jigoku Shoujo for a while now.. Great show.. (though I SHOULD be watching older series... But oh well.. XD )

Jigoku Shoujo isn't exactly a new series... maybe the dubs are? Either way, it is still one of my favorite series of all time.

"Ippen... Shinde miru?"

<3 Ai

1 person likes this

Oh I know but I meant "older" as in the ones I already had on my "watch these animes" list :D

That makes sense. lol

You can't force yourself to watch stuff anyways or you won't enjoy it. Just go with what you feel like watching/playing!

Yeah but the only problem is that if I see some horror animes.. I have to watch them first which means the other cool animes I'm supposed to watch will have to wait and if I start too many new ones at the same time I'll have way too much to watch and too little time to do anything else (sort of that kind of situation going on already... but eh.. ^_^ ) But I can't help it since horror, mystery or thriller animes are the best for me though I like almost all genres (I probably don't have to mention them but anything that includes... +18 scenes are too much for me)

I've watched mostly either mainstream anime or semi-mainstream anime, but mostly before they were popular. #HazzaHipster

- Naruto (Skipped to later eps to keep up)

- One Piece (Mildly, looking for great episode

guide)

- Dragonball, Z and GT (Dragonball Super soon!)

- Akame Ga Kill

- Free! (Briefly)

- Say "I love you"

- Tokyo Ghoul (Will read manga for Re:)

- Zankyou no Terror (Must binge watch soon)

- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Kaori pls T~T)

- Parasyte the Maxim (Migi pls T~T)

- Psycho Pass (SECOND SEASON????)

- Sonic X (Briefly, as it was when I was quite

young)

- Digimon (Season 1 only, lost interest)

- Pokemon (Scattered clips really)

Woah that's crazy actually.

I wonder why the company Key didn't also make the movie for the series called "Air" I was really confused since the characters in the movie acted so differently compared to the actual series. Some even looked really weird. The main character looked more like Dark from D.N.Angel than normal Yukito (in series he's got longer grey hair but in the movie his hair is a bit shorter and purple) he was also much more cold towards the main character girl Mizuzu.. And even his cute little doll looked different! Mexican looking... o_o