goldtaills

What do you want in a STH game?

135 posts in this topic

Mario , a plateformer game .

>Implying Rayman origins/legend doesn't show how it's done.

Yeah, keep forgetting about that game, but there's also Little big Planet, and the Ratchet games also have a good deal of platforming, but it's main emphesis is on shooting. Back to Rayman, I've been meaning to buy Origins or Legends. I heard from a friend that Legends isn't worth it's price, since it's just like origins, but I'm might get that anyway, for those fairies. :wub:

Yes , I know about shadow . And the fact that it's the only game not available on the Psn . My personnal canon for this game is the "Suicide by vector" Ending.

lol? Sorry to hear you can't play it though, if you really wanted to try it.

Stopping caring ? Crude ....

It's a lot worse, as it seems Sega doesn't care about the entire series at all, only making games now because it still makes them money, and(this is for real), hiring the writers who's been on since Colors, and they don't know anything about Sonic. I've heard recently that one of the writers only did research through playthroughs on youtube, and Wikipedia, while the only info Sega gave them was about the Deadly Six. Let that sink in.... Sega DID NOT give the writers the info they needed on Sonic, but did for the D6.....

And yes, at core , sonic is more action than plateforming . Heck , they'd be better off doing a game a la ninja gaiden or other , since speed is at key in these two series .

It's the one thing most Sonic....Nintendo.... fans don't know. They're too busy cheering about how Mario is the best platformer, when there's no real reason as to why unless they conpare him to Sonic, then it's all about popularity and issues with Sonic that Mario doesn't have, never any reasons as to WHY their good, just why THEY THINK he's better then Sonic.

French fanservice is best fanservice . Never before running after a chest in a trap infested level has been so rewarding .

Actually, mario has one issue : It ns being milked to death, and people are starting to get tired of it .

I still own my ps2 , I just need to get my hand on the game itself .

About what you said the writer .... well Darn fourth chaos emerald , that's some crazy stuff I'm reading there.

Huh. You know, thinking of a Shadow 'sequel' has always been a thought in the back of my mind. One thing I think would make weapons more accessible in a Sonic-esque game like Shadow would be to obviously not shove them down the player's throat. What I mean by this is that, instead of picking them up from the ground, you have them in a knid of 'hammerspace' where you can equip them whenever you want at the touch of a button.

For example, there was an Xbox 360/PS3 movie tie-in game to the oh-so-terrible 'Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen'. (I actually found the game to be much more enjoyable than the movie itself). In that game, you had three different 'play-styles' as it were. Combat Mode, which was your usual 'run, jump & punch' gameplay, but if you held down the Left Trigger (L2 on the PS3), you'd switch to Weapons Mode. In this mode, you can stil move about freely, but you could also aim for a target, then hold the Right Trigger (R2 on the PS3) to fire your weapons. You could also switch between a Primary and Secondary weapon with the Right Bumper (R1 on the PS3). If you went back to Combat Mode, then held down the Right Trigger/R2, you'd switch into your Vehicle Mode, which is self-explanatory.

I know it seems like I'm rambling at this point, but try to stay with me on this next part. Now try to picture those gameplay controls merged with the controls and movement of 'Sonic: Lost World'. If you've followed it correctly, you shold get something like this: Shadow moves at a decent pace when moved with the control stick. You then hold the RT/R2 (ZR on the Wii-U) button to go at full speed (activating Shadow's hover shoes). However, if you don't go full-speed, and instead hold the LT/L2 (ZL on the Wii-U) button, you switch to a 'Weapons mode', similar to the TF:2 game. Shadow still moves at a decent pace, but he can now use Primary and Secondary weapons to get past stronger (albeit optional) opponents and pathways. Hopefully, this would make the gunplay less of an annoyance, and more just a 'thing on the side' that you can use if you want to.

...Phew. Well, I think that's enough rambling for today. And again, sorry if this doesn't end up making any sense whatsoever. That's just how my brain works...

That's a good idea . But I still prefer the transformers armada gameplay on Ps2 . that's was fun. And crazy.

Anyway, a gameplay ninja gaiden like would be nice.

I wanna see a few things in a Sonic game...

1) Insane speed, and lots of it. When I say insane, I mean like day Sonic from Sonic Unleashed with 50 rings or more. He's the world's fastest hedgehog, he needs to move faster more often!

2) More playable characters, not just Sonic. Tails, Knuckles maybe.

3) More Shadow

4) A game that takes more than an hour to complete (exxageration alert). A long, twisty plotline.

5) A really, really good camera which won't cause deaths.

6) Adventure fields. One of the greatest features of Sonic Adventure.

That's pretty much it.

I'd like to see Shade the Echidna from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in a new Sonic game, I can see so much potential in her for a good, solid story line and some awesome game play possibilities... She just has too much potential to be a one-shot character.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I actually like the idea of Shade.

But where to include her and how is going to be interesting.

If sega and sonic team ever do that of course

what about: Sonic, Mega Man, Mario, Zelda crossover? I always thought it would be cool to see them together in a game (not in any fighting or racing games) and yeah Kirby too! :D

I know what I want from a Sonic game. The characters should be able to move fast, for one. Some of the newer 3d games, i've noticed that there has been a definite lack of high speed action. I think that's a requirement in a Sonic game.

The story shouldn't be overly complex and convoluted... Sonic '06, I am looking directly at you! It's a Sonic game. Not Metal Gear Solid. The last really great title (In my opinion), was Generations. The story was goofy and lighthearted. That's the way I like my Sonic story. Which is one of the many reasons I detest '06. '06 was trying way too hard to take itself seriously, and came off as a gigantic mess.

Two words: Level. Design. A main reason why I adore the classics, and hold them with such high esteem. You get rewarded with goodies for going off the intended path. Spring Yard Zone is a fairly good example. At the end of I believe act 2, that line of rings, you can nab an extra say 20 to 30 rings and an alternate exit to the stage. As much of it I dislike, Sonic '06 had some good level design. For the Sonic stages. It's one thing I will complement '06 on, is it's level design.

To sum everything up in this horribly messy and disastrous post, SEGA and Sonic team have proved that they can make truly fantastic Sonic games. I have faith in them as a loyal follower. The Advance games, Advenyures 1 and 2, Generations, Colors. It's all my personal opinion, though. All in all, I just want a good game, lol.

For me personally, I would want a 3D Sonic game that in terms of gameplay would be like the Adventure style of gameplay that combines the good elements of Adventure 1 and Adventure 2's gameplay. Its story's tone more akin to Sonic Unleashed where it's lighthearted, but the stakes are still high and Eggman is still a threat to Sonic's world with whatever plan he has up his sleeve. A Chao Garden as extra content when players are done with the main game would be cool and a nice break from the action and such.