283 posts in this topic

Oh gosh. Thanks Locke. I'll watch it over lunch

Thanks Locke. And having watched it, it was........

....alright. Liking what I've seen of Sticks so far, but not sure about Amy. But it was still fun.

Just finished watching it and I have to say it's not terrible! And so far, Knuckles doesn't seem as dumb in the show as that first comic made him...

Right

1st episode: Good start. Introduces Sonic, Tails and Eggman (and to a lesser extent Knuckles, Amy, Orbot and Cubot). Also of course we saw the Fadicious Beaver. He was a good addition. Overall episode was good but my one critisism is it works better as a middle episode in my opinion since we didn't get much of an intro with Knux and Amy and we got nothing from Sticks. Perhaps it was just to introduce Sonic, Tails and Eggman though. It was goo

2nd episode: We get PROPER introductions of all the main characters! Yay! Sticks! O_O Sticks is awesome! I can see why the voice would annoy but it doesn't to me so yay!. Knuckles has a brain! O_O That's good. So it's just the comics. Now. Amy! She annoys me! (Ugh!). At least she is annoying in a funny way. I really feel sorry for Eggman with her around. Anyway. The story itself. Loved it. It was really good. Hope to see more like it

Overall. It's a good start. Let's see more!

After watching the episodes, I can say that it was... okay. Nothing really made me laugh out loud, but it was still enjoyable enough. Hopefully, it'll get better and funnier.

After watching the episodes, I can say that it was... okay. Nothing really made me laugh out loud, but it was still enjoyable enough. Hopefully, it'll get better and funnier.

It made me laugh out loud alot, or should I say, it made me laugh out loud alot twistedly. (twisted laughs) Now I'm still hungry for more episodes of Sonic Boom, more comedy, and more eternal endless laughs. (drops to floor and alot of twisted laughs out loud) XD

First ep was ok for me. Second ep tho. I really enjoyed it. :D Sticks is awesome (and her paranoia). What really shocked me is that... Knux is pretty sane here, unlike his comic counterpart. *rolls eyes*

I like how the first episode introduce sonic, tails, and dr.eggman but not knux, amy, or Oobot and Cubot the second episode had me rolling with it`s over the top humor the only let down was the intro with bad half ass CGI and the theme song not being all that memorable roger crag smith wasn't to dramatic with the whole "I can't swim" thing but its still better then colors`s.

I like how the first episode introduce sonic, tails, and dr.eggman but not knux, amy, or Oobot and Cubot the second episode had me rolling with it`s over the top humor the only let down was the intro with bad half ass CGI and the theme song not being all that memorable roger crag smith wasn't to dramatic with the whole "I can't swim" thing but its still better then colors`s.

Oh yes. The intro. Forgot about that. While it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. And of course there's the wasted opportunity with having a Sonic Boom song already but not using it. I knew it wouldn't happen but still...

Also, I prefered it not being overly dramatic with not being able to swim but at the same time not being an instant save from Tails

Believe it or not, the lack of theme song is a thing in the french cartoon world . We don't usually do voice over , so I say it's in the norm.

So, watched episodes 3 and 4 now. My thoughts....

Well, first, which doesn't require a spoiler, while I still don't like Knux's new look, it does look better in motion than static.

Okay, onto the episodes themselves

Okay, I found the first episode a lot of fun, especially the anticis with the robot at the start. Stick's paranoid 'translations' i found more funny than I probibly should have! I was really looking forward to seeing what happen with Tails working for Eggman, but alas, it was one wall socket joke and that was it. Shame, cause those two working together has so much potential. Say, if Tails had his 'geek out' personality from the comics:

Tails: "Hey Guys. Look at this cool robot Eggman and I made." *starts rattling off technobabble.*

Sonic: "Uh, Tails, you know that robot was built to squish us, right?"

Tails: "Oh..."

But, it didn't happen. Oh well, I just need to hope that when they do the inevitable 'hero with amnesia joins badguy' story it's Tails.

But I won't hold that against the episode. What I WILL hold against the episode is the fact that, oddly, the action was slow and boring. Which, for a Sonic cartoon, is pretty dire. It was quite a letdown I have to say.

And it appears that Knux is indeed the 'dumb muscle' character. Though, still WAY WAY smarter than his comic version. More regular dumb, as opposed to 'outwitted by a wooden see-saw'

And then there is episode 4, which is the first episode I felt was a clunker. Which was a shame, as it was the first episode to focus on Sticks. Again, the action was slow, and the jokes, especially at the start, felt forced. Though I did like Eggman nonchalantly denying the robot was his. And, this was the first time I felt the CGI, which isn't great, let the episode down. Previously it had done the job well, but it didn't work with the slime, the pet shop, or several of the villagers. Hopefully the serise will pick up again.

Now, after the first two intro episodes, we've had a Tails episode and a Sticks one. Which means we could get a Knux episode and an Amy episode next week. I wonder if we'll get an eggman one?

Let's see...

So why would the character that was raised in the wild alone not get along well with animals?

And I agree, the animation could use some work. Any water or, in this case, slime is animated poorly. The fight scenes really do need more action... maybe if the episodes were not so short? And why IS Sonic so slow in this show?

Those are my complaints, but overall, I do enjoy the show. I think the jokes are usually pretty good and loving Eggman for once lol

It took me a while to get the chance to watch the two episodes so let's start

First one... I really enjoyed. Starts off with UT reading the minds of others and letting out some embarrassing things... which of course would set off Sticks with her conspiracy stuff. It was fun. Then we have Eggman making a plan to put an identical robot in to cause even more friction... not bad. But really, he should know Tails would check his robot. For a genius, he can be pretty stupid. Still... he knows how to insult. Right... Tails then goes to find the robot... alone... to the middle of Eggman's lair... um... not a smart move there Tails. Even if you are pretending to turn traitor in return for a robot that only reads minds and gets destroyed at the end anyway. Ugh... I am curious to see what they could do together but clearly I'm not going to find out. In the end, UT actually helps for the first time in the episode by telling Sonic and friends where Tails is (while they have just been lazing around despite being fully aware where Tails was going) and rescue him before Tails signs that all important contract which... knowing the heroes, would likely have lived up to on the most part. And that's about it. Sticks destroys the robot because IT'S A CONSPIRACY and we'll forget all about it now... Now onto episode... oh wait. Forgot. Knuckles is stupid. That's been confirmed. At least it's less so than the comics but it's still disappointing

EPISODE 4! Now... being someone who looks around the web for anything new coming out, I do come across spoilers sometimes. And this weeks spoiler for me was Buster the cluster! I was... kinda looking forward to it but it was disappointing. Sticks finds a pet robot who OF COURSE is made by Eggman (seriously,unless there's someone we haven't met yet, only Tails and Eggman build robots here. How did no one notice this???), Sticks keeps it because she's meant to get a pet so she stops shaking kittens out of trees, where we find out she hates cute, furry and adorable. I'd like to find out why sometimes but considering the world resets... probably not. The pet is disgusting and drools slime everywhere... who knows where this slime comes from and Sonic and pals want it gone. More so when it stops the badly disguised Orbot and Cubot stealing supplies for Eggman. Then Eggman comes in to admit to making Buster (I would've been much quicker to take credit for the evil fireman at the beginning than that robot), gives it a bone and turns it into super evil Buster who quickly picks up Sonic and friends with tentacles... that had been stolen earlier on by Orbot and Cubot... wait what? How did Eggman install those if Buster was already with Sticks??? ugh! Nevermind. Sticks reaches out to Buster's good side and the day is saved with Buster going off on his own. Meh. Not much really. The most interesting bit was the beginning with an evil fireman bot destroying everything with Eggman not taking credit for but blatantly supporting it and knowing about the irony. Yep. That's it

Overall... 3rd was pretty good. 4th was meh. Let's hope we see more next time. I had something else to say but in the brief pause I had in writing this I forgot. Heheh

Oh. And before I stop... hands up who saw a cameo of the beaver guy (Fastidious beaver or whatever his name is) from episode 1?

Having watched episodes 5 and 6, I have to say they are my favorite episodes so far. 5 beating out 6.

Okay, more detail...

Odd to see a Sticks episode after the last one, but wow this one was funny, so I'm not gonna complain. A bit of a shame to see that Knux is getting dumber as the show goes on (even if the reading glasses scene really made me laugh). I do wish though that there was more episode to episode continuity in the show now, cause Knux getting on the the aristocracy and Stick teaching Amy to be feral would both be hilarious to see in later stories.

And, Knux might be dumb, but Darn he can play the piano!

AAs for episode 6, it's mostly an average episode, but what buoys it up is the fight scene at the end is actually pretty fast, unlike the static affere which spoiled episode 3. In fact, these two episodes have similar plots, with 3 having the better story but 6 the better fight.

Still pretty sure will see a Knux episode soon

Knux playing the piano had me go O_O and I was like... "So that's why he never wore those large boxing mitten things again... HE PLAYS THE FREAKING PIANO!" And Sticks is random awesome as always. :D

It takes time for me to find time to watch these episodes O_O

Let's begin with 5... LOVED IT! Okay okay. We start off with meteors falling and destroying the village. Everyone is running around. To which Amy says they shouldn't be running from these massive meteors that could squish them and destroy their homes. They should stand around making wishes...

8u2b.jpg

No Amy. Just... no. *Sighs* Anyway, getting passed that we get to Sticks saving the village by using her defense system to which she gets nominated for an award by Mayor Fink or whatever his name is. Either way, he appears in the games. Then we get to see Stick's failed attempts at being what Amy calls a "lady" as she tries to win the shiny award. Of course, her being Sticks, her attempts would be funny. Next... Knuckles... who can't read. This bothered me a little but the glasses and the piano made me laugh so he is forgiven. Then he makes friends with some upper class people by saying things that are true. Yep. Pretty enjoyable. Finally... Sonic. Who has completely verified one of my suspicions about him. He... hates... pants... It all makes sense now! Anyway, it ends with Sticks pointing out she was the hero to which he person who won the award (who happens to be a turtle like the Old Tucker from the games... hmm... are they cousins or something?) points out he won the prize which Sticks then steals. Then... to end it all, Sticks teaches Amy how to be unladylike by plunging into the garbage. Yay! Not much else to say here. But it's still been my favourite episode so far

Now... moving onto 6. This time it's an Amy episode. Those that know me well, know I'm... not too fond of Amy. However, getting past that it was a good episode. This starts off with Eggman who gets an inspection from a picture scout for a magazine. He looks around to see a place which is too retro for his magazine (a bunsen burner that is 90 degrees in the wrong direction is retro?) and he gives Eggman a week to decorate the place up.

Then we move to Amy and the rest of the team. We see just how the boys (and Sticks) are without Amy's "feminine touch"(?) which Amy of course is not happy with and she gets offered on a one day job as Eggman's interior decorator which she accepts despite her friend's warnings (and despite what happened to Tails in episode 3. Geez. You'd thin these people would learn not to go with Eggman by themselves. The people weren't kidding when they said the world resets). She's given total creative freedom and produces something that I would run miles from if I was living there. But before I go further there's one thing I want to touch upon. Eggman has a laser powerful enough to incinerate pillows...

WHY HAS HE NEVER USED IT AGAINST SONIC'S TEAM? UGH! You're HOW smart Eggman? *Sighs* Anyway... moving on. Amy makes the place ugly. But it is loved by the person visiting to wants to take a picture of the place for some magazine which displays evil bases (who reads stuff like that? Not Eggman. That's for sure) and the guy goes to get the photographer. Amy is rightly annoyed that she wasn't given credit and tries to leave... only to be trapped...

hp4.gif

Of course she's not expecting it. Why would Eggman do that? It appears to me that Sonic Boom people have mixed things up a little more and now it is Amy, not Knuckles who is the naive trusting on with Eggman. So far she's been tricked twice. Same amount of times Knuckles from Sonic Underground was... this is worrying. But it explains why Amy doesn't seem to like Knuckles in the comics. She hates having received his naivety :P

Right... so she's trapped there for eternity? Nope. Here come the rest of the team to save her! Hooray! They final got their act together to make a proper rescue by going through the sewers. But there's no way they could let the perfect Amy get so dirty so it's time for a fight with Eggman! AT LAST! And it's a good one too. We get action at last. All the team move together to save each other and take out one badnik each and ruining all the decorating Amy has done... whoopsie! I hated it anyway so I don't care. I should feel sorry for the scout though, having to lose his job as the photographer sees the mess that is Eggman's fort. Poor guy. But as for the rest... Eggman loses. Sonic's team wins! All in all a good day's work

Overall, these have to be the best episodes so far. Sure there were some WTH moments but I really enjoyed them both. They're also to me, the ones that made me laugh most so far. Characterwise, Sticks is my favourite character here. I don't care about her voice, she still makes me laugh. In terms of making me laugh, Knuckles does pretty well too, but I am kind of worried about his intelligence here. However, aside from that, keep it up Sonic Boom people

And before I leave. I happened to notice a familiar looking beaver there. Anyone know who he... oh wait... third episode he's appeared in. HE'S EVERYWHERE MAN! Stalking you and stealing your thoughts! Sticks! Get your tinfoil!

I watched the first six episodes.

I like Sticks a lot! Her voice is really cute and, although she does get annoying sometimes, she is like me in some ways due to her paranoia and animal-like habits.

My favorite episode so far is Translate This.

I think it's a decent show, and the kind of series that is popular among children but can be enjoyed by slightly older Sonic fans as well.

For once, i actually got to watch Sonic Boom on the weekend! So time for my review

First of all, one episode? What happened to the second? Are we going in ones from now on? Why?

And now that that's out of the way, onto the story...

We start off at the Boom equivalent of a McDonalds I'm guessing. With you're stereotypical teenage cashier at the counter. Fair enough. And Sonic and Amy are waiting in line for food... wait... are they on a DATE? O_O Nah. Probably not. Sonic is clueless about Amy loving him and Amy is not cross with Sonic for taking her out to a fast food restaurant. Phew... Anyways... It's their turn to get served but out from nowhere comes Eggman cutting in front of the pair. Because cutting in front of people is so incredibly evil and he's Eggman! Actually... why would he eat at a fast food restaurant come to think of it. This episode and the previous episodes has shown he is likely to be the pickiest eater to ever exist. And he's supposed to be watching his waistline. Pretty sure, you're not going to get the same level of quality at McDonalds than you are at home. Right... anyway Sonic complains that Eggman cut in line only for (big surprise here) the cashier to say that EGGMAN was there first...

Err... what? Who is this crazy person? And how much did Eggman pay him earlier? So Sonic is about to complain until Amy (as usual) stops him saying for him not to make a scene. Actually Amy, haven't you heard the saying "the customer is always right"? And given Eggman is evil I suspect the manager would be inclined to believe Sonic over Eggman and that weird guy. Too much hassle? Fine. Give Eggman satisfaction again. You're too kind to him Amy. So... Eggman gets his food and is happily eating it and commenting to Sonic how good it is and pointing out how Sonic doesn't have his food. Sonic shows good skills at holding back does he not? Then crazy guy who I'm calling George for now until we hear his name comes and gives Sonic his order... except it's not his order and he's been given extra pickles instead of pickles. WTH George? Don't you know how to treat dignified guests? As it turns out George (who's name is actually David - Dammit George! Now I can't call you George anymore!) is a fan of Eggman and knows all about his evil plots stuff. That's right kids. You heard it here first. Eggman has a fan that isn't his own reflection! *Scream from the audience and much fainting*

Anyway... George I mean David wants a job... Look, I know working in a fast food place must be a drag but working for Eggman is worse! You have no idea what you'll be getting into! And with no pay? Wow... he must be a big fan... So George... David gets the job and is taken back to Eggman's place to... mop the floors... which is an honour to him since only managers mop the floor where he worked... wth? What kind of floors are they that not anyone can mop them? And why can't Orbot and Cubot be trusted to mop floors? Did they use oil instead of water? What do Orbot and Cubot even do? Huh... No wonder they're unhappy about David. But that's later. Before that, David finds a strange device which Eggman explains is his doomsday device... Uh... what? Why haven't you used it before and why do you leave it in the middle of the room for all to see? Uh... okay... NOW we get to Orbot and Cubot being unhappy about David which he... overhears and disassembles Cubot. One question comes to mind... WHY? What good does disassembling Cubot do? Eggman doesn't listen Cubot at all. He'd be more likely to listen to Orbot who you left to find Cubot. There is no logic to this! Come to think of it, the disassembling comes before the doomsday device. Whoopsie! Too lazy to change though

In the meantime, Tails has invented something for unplugging toilets... I mean reversing stuff that happens, when Orbot arrives to beg ask for Tails to reassemble Cubot since Eggman is too busy reclining and listening to how amazing he is to do it. Once assembled, Cubot tells us how a group of science ninjas broke into Eggman's fortress undetected and disassembled him before leaving... wait... no. it was just David. Seriously guys... just HOW many people could have done it? Anyway... back to Eggman and he's giving David another cleanup job but David has had enough. At last! And he wants to start helping Eggman with his evil plans... oh... Eggman being Eggman says no and he needs to rise the evil ladder slowly but having worked at McDonalds for 1 and a half years, David is impatient and runs into a room to turn on the doomsday device. Eggman now acts like he is David's father and orders him to come out. But of course David doesn't and the doomsday device is turned on. And apparently turning on the doomsday device sounds exactly like turning on his panini presser. Um... this begs the question...

What_idiot_designed_this_thing.jpg

So as a result, Eggman decides that the only way to get back at David is to make a panini and use his panini presser to cook it before eating. Oh. And to build another doomsday device and destroy the world faster... wait what? Oh. And somehow Eggman set the timer on it perfectly so that it would go off at the same time as the other doomsday device because logic says he'd know.

Now we go back to our favourite blue hedgehog and his fox sidekick who notice the massive amount of energy coming from Eggman's lair and conclude it must be two doomsday devices. How Tails knows that massive amounts of energy equals doomsday device, I don't know. Did he spend longer in Eggman's lair than we saw in episode 3? Maybe. So of course, they head out to stop them from going off. Sonic starts off with the direct the approach telling Eggman to turn it off. But there's no off switch. Have to agree with Tails and Eggman here. Who puts an off switch on a doomsday device? Off switches are so over-rated. Self-destruct buttons are the thing! It's now up to Tails to come up with a risky plan which could end the world instead of saving it. Making the devices the inverse of each other so they will cancel out! GENIUS! Only question now is to convince two smart evil people who know you're both heroes to do it for you and... oh wait. You convinced them. That was easy

So they begin working and I have to say, I know David got Tails but still! How is this guy decent with electronics! He's worked in McDonalds for 1 and a half years! There's no way he could have the time to get better at it let alone the money to afford equipment! *Sighs* And on the other hand, we have Eggman who is hungry as usual and picky about his sandwiches as usual. However, if I had my greatest enemy serving me my food so tha tI will do something, I would be extra picky too. Anyway. Things are done. The machines go off at the same time, again because logic, and they cancel each other out. That's the end of that right?

What the what? It isn't? Nope. SOMEONE made a mistake (yes, we're all blaming you Sonic. That surfboard died because of you) and it made a black hole instead. Wow... that WAS a massive amount of energy for it to create a black hole. How will you do this now? Oh yes! You can use the toilet plunger Tails made I mean the reverser thingy. Yay! But you have to be fast Sonic. And Sonic starts making his way up to the black hole which should pull him in anyway. He then turns on the device and makes his way out again after getting pummeled by some objects being pulled up by the black hole first. But he makes it out just in time and the world is saved... okay... This scene...

iaa-science-fair-where-do-i-begin.jpg

(Yes Jest. I needed to borrow this)

Firstly, black holes are extremely powerful vacuum cleaners that do not differentiate between dust and anything else and will suck up anything. Even light. It takes a red supergiant star collapsing in itself to have the energy required for making a black hole. I'm not sure how plugging two doomsday devices into sockets is going to give that energy. To put it simple...

One_does_not_simply_make_a_black_hole.jpg

Next... black holes have a huge amount of gravity to them and yet, all this one was able to pick up were some random things. How was it not able to pick up Sonic, Tails, Eggman, David and pretty much the entire Eggman lair? I don't even know. Then there's Sonic. Who, after managing not to get pulled into pasta (which is what I hear would happen in black holes from my friend) is able to escape the black hole even after getting slowed down by other objects. Either this black hole was drunk and just wasn't working properly today or Sonic is faster than the speed of light, having been able to do something not even light could do. At this moment however, I'm inclined to the drunk theory

Right. Now that that's over with, back to the story. And it's pretty much the end. The day is saved by Sonic. David is fired and vows revenge upon everyone (which given the whole resetting thing won't happen) and that about does it

Overall, I found this to be... okay. It didn't make me laugh but I still enjoyed it despite the science failing and wth moments. The lack of Sticks disappointed me but at least in this non-double helping of episodes, we didn't come across the Fadiscious Beaver... unless... *looks back to a certain point* THERE HE IS! With Mayor Fink! His back is turned but I know that's him! I'd recognise him anywhere... wow... he's becoming a recurring character through cameos at this point... BEWARE HIM!

Whoa! Longest review I've done so far and it was only a single episode

Note in advance: Apologies for too much science at the end ;)

I'm dissapointed with episode 7. No eyes were melted during the episode.

Where is episode 8? Anyways, about 7...

This episode was alright, I guess. I did get a kick out of Eggman's victory dance though! That's about the only victory he ever gets over Sonic, haha

Oh and that toilet water is the best water effects the show has seen so far! xD

And don't we usually just smash Eggman's stuff? I feel like they over-complicated it...

And now for a late commentary on episode 8. Hopefully less long and sciency this time

Let me just start by saying, I was unfortunate enough so that after I downloaded it, I forgot I had it open and when I opened it up, I was greeted by a moustached Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks scribbling down stuff. I... had absolutely no idea what I was going to be watching after seeing that, but it certainly hyped me for the episode. Anyway...with that out of the way, on to the story...

So we start the scene with Eggman looking like he's doing evil stuff while Orbot and Cubot are cowering in the corner... if I recall correctly, the storyboard for this scene was leaked early up to just before Eggman reveals his evil is... cookies? Cookies made by a moustache hair (that explains the other moustaches). These cookies are not just regular cookies made by a moustache hair though. These cookies are EVIL! *Krak-a-thom*

*Ahem* So Eggman's plan is to give Sonic these evil cookies and do who knows what to him (any thoughts that this episode was to do with some quiz show were gone by this point). Sonic comes by and is not in anyway way suspicious about random cookies left by a mysterious stranger. Considering everyone lives relatively close to an evil scientist/food critic, you'd think everyone would be careful about the presents they receive... especially food ones. Anyway, Sonic does not have time to eat the cookies because he was day-dreaming about when Knuckles sent him a cake with him in it (I wonder what the occasion was. Clearly nothing important enough for Sonic to be impressed) and then when Tails calls asking for help with his vacuuming. Tails! Don't be lazy! You can do your own vacuuming! Sonic being Sonic goes to help lazy Tails anyway, much to the watching Eggman's unhappiness. But then someone else stops by... it is Knuckles! Woohoo! And he helps himself to a cookie and the milk Cubot put with them... not exactly neighbourly of him I must say to steal a a friend's gift from his doorstep. The milk gets back at Knuckles though and splatters all over his face making him stagger away a flash brightly as the thing that was meant to happen to Sonic happens to him... Oh well, it's just Knuckles. Not too big a problem. BUT THERE'S MORE!

Oh wait... before that we see Sonic and Tails at the house. Sonic is about as lazy as Tails at this point as none of them are picking up the vacuum to do it. Instead they're fighting with chairs. The vacuum is not a toy you too! Get to it! Scene change to the cookies... and Amy. Amy sees the cookies and immediately comes to the conclusion that it is Sonic's late birthday present to her. And by late I mean, 6 months late

Uh... seriously Amy? Firstly, who gives a birthday present 6 months late? I'm pretty sure these need to be 2 months at the absolute latest for it not to be insulting. Secondly... I'm with Eggman in saying who leaves a surprise birthday present for someone else ON THEIR OWN DOORSTEP??? Amy! You so crazy! I think to some extent you deserve to be punished for that logic... but perhaps that facial hair was a bit much... Anyway. Back to Tails and Sonic now, who are playing chase. *Shakes head* Moving on...

There are two cookies left. And they are for Sonic only... wait... Eggman baked 6 cookies! What happened to the other two! Okay... I wouldn't put it past Eggman to eat one himself... but the other two? Actually I theorise it's a conspiracy and ninja beaver who stalks everyone (bet you saw that coming :P). So there are two... wait... one left. Sticks has taken one, thus annoying Eggman more (uh... more the merrier Eggman?) and swings away. And gets affected as soon as she eats it, like Amy, but unlike Knux

Sonic and Tails again, and they're at the point in seeing they can't get out of vacuuming forever and so explode the vacuum instead... Fine. You can do it later, but you aren't sleeping in this mess Tails! Sonic then takes him back to his house, scaring away a moose about to eat the cookies (wonder how that would have gone) in the process, so they can be bunk buddies or whatever when they come across the cookies again. Sonic is about to eat it, when Tails cons him out of it... so first you try to get Sonic to do your chores, then you steal his present? Sonic, you need to start locking your stuff up! It's all being taken! Eggman is your best friend here! He gives you presents instead of stealing them from you! Speaking of Eggman... he is really not happy at Tails having the cookie instead of Sonic. I'm not sure what Eggman planned to do with Sonic after he ate the cookie, but it would probably wouldn't work destroying Sonic. Anyway... Tails eats the cookie... blah blah blah... while he gets affected immediately, it is only by making him a food connoisseur like Eggman is and the major change happens later as he reveals the secret ingredient that makes the cookies so cookilicious is EVIL!

Now to Eggman's fortess... where *shock, horror* the whole gang are there... WITH MOUSTACHES *Krak-a-thom*. And they're planning ways to trap Sonic! *Krak-a-thom* Okay... done with he lightning. As it turns out, Eggman was trying to make Sonic a bad clone of himself (clone = evil mastermind with a moustache) and he finally realies, he did better than he hoped by having 4 other hims that can actually destroy Sonic. Even if one of them is an evil mastermind of average intelligence. Average intelligence to what though? Mice? Okay... wait. Not mice. Considering some of the mice bought the world for us and others are trying to take over the world, I guess comparing them in this circumstance would be an insult. SORRY MICE! Anyway... let's move on...

So they're planning... except they aren't quite clones and they have personality differences (being different people originally) so they argue about the best way... Eggman puts it down to lack of experience for them (despite Knux pretty much nailing the problem which has been sorted) and gives them a crash course in villainy (moustache care is evil?) Only for Orbot and Cubot to get fed up of having more people to boss them and they seek out Sonic... who hadn't noticed the disappearance of his friends... that's nice of you Sonic. Guess it doesn't count in his mind. Better late than never he found his friends who were about to have a essay to see if they had understood all their villainy teachings and had an idea of how to capture Sonic. And thus, Eggman ordered them to attack Sonic. It's kind of interesting to see how the group are evil. You can see they are still kinda them (Amy thinking of herself as leader and Tails being the one to bring in the robots). Anyway, they trap Sonic where he is but start arguing over who gets the glory. Okay... THAT has to have come from Eggman. So they got something from it other than evil and moustaches

So now the fight begins... and Eggman and Sonic are hiding... so... who are his friends fighting? Each other? It looked like they were fighting the robots! Even though they're on the same side! Huh... I'll ignore that for now... so blah blah blah... Sonic somehow figures out what is going on despite knowing little with technology and... makes a Sonic cookie... which is thrown into Eggman's mouth after he conveniently left the safety behind the blackboard... and he turns into SONIC EGGMAN! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!

This episode is so crazy. I'm just saying. With Eggman's change, he gets Sonic's powers AND is turned good AND he's blue (dabba dee dabba die). Oh and finally, we prove something else

Eggman really is the fastest thing alive :P

While Eggman keeps Sonic's friends busy, Sonic goes off to pick up anything left by his friends that could be used to change them back to normal... what I find strange is, that they were busy enough fighting each other, so why would they need to make Eggman hold them off... except for the lols (which there were for me). Anyway... Sonic manages to find hair, headwear and voodoo dolls (wait what?) that could be used to make cookies and comes back to bake them with Eggman, hile the other Eggheads are just standing around not bothering to attack during the distraction. Long story short, Sonic's friends receive the correct cookies and are back to normal (wait... so Sonic is throwing the cookies around... WHAT IF THEY ENDED UP IN THE WRONG MOUTHS? Knuckles as Amy... now THAT would be a creepy sight). Eggman is excited that they will all be on the same team, but Sonic and team are not so give him an evil cookie changing him back to normal Eggman. Uh... two things... where did the other cookie come from? Sticks only took one and... it looked and sounded like she ate it. Meh. Cartoon randomness then. Secondly... I know it is probably immoral to keep Eggman as Sonic but doesn't making Eggman evil again make them an accessory to evil? I mean... you wouldn't see many more Eggman attacks and the town would be safe again (except from ninja beaver). Sonic would be bored with no Eggman I guess. EVIL SONIC!

Annnnnnnd that's the end! I guess it depends on who you are if you would enjoy this episode or not. If you have a strong sense of who should be good and who should be evil, this isn't a good episode for you. If you're like me and don't mind or even enjoy seeing some of the good characters being evil for a bit, this isn't a bad episode. For me this was probably one of my favourites so far. So I guess... keep it up Sonic Boom

Okay... less sciency was done but less long? Appears not

So after...what, few weeks now? I finally decided to take a chance and watch this show. What are my thoughts on it?

positive-cat-meme-generator-it-s-ok-098ac2.jpg

I will admit, I wasn't exactly looking forward to this, At all. I cringed when i first saw Knuckles, I did not like the first issue of the comics (Or the second one for that matter.), especially what they did to Knuckles and Amy, and I did not get a good impression of Rise of Lyric. (Shattered Crystal, on the other hand, actually looks pretty good. I might buy it when I get a 3DS.) On the other hand, my brother watched it, being a fan of good cartoons, and he said that while it seems to be for a younger audience then he expected, he still thought it was cool.

Even if he didn't like it, which he does, I still felt inclined to watch it and give my two cents. I'm going to keep my rambling reviews in this case as short as possible, but I make no promises. So here are my thoughts of the first 8 Episodes so far:

Episode 1: The Sidekick

This was something I'll admit I watched first few minutes of, and then as soon as I noticed what the plot of it was, that Tails gets hurt so Sonic tries to hire someone else to be his sidekick to prevent Tails from getting hurt. ...I stopped watching for a few days. It's a habit of mine that when I see something I don't believe I'd want to see, I immediately drop it. A few days later I sucked it up and watched it all the way through. It was pretty much what I expected...Though I liked it more than I was anticipating. As a first episode it was simply Ok for me.

-------------------

Episode 2: Can an Evil Genius crash on your couch for a week?

It's right about here that I realize that this show is basically an action Sitcom. Eggman at this point is more a bully that you tolerate rather than an evil genius you need to stop. Nothing proved it more than this very episode. All that's missing is a laugh track, and a clap track for characters entering the scene, like Sticks the Badger. Yep, this here is Sonic's new character, a badger that's apparently the illegitimate child of one of Marine's parents by the looks of her. I'll talk more about her when I get into the characters, but let's just say I find it odd that she's friends with Amy and Sonic.

Anyways, back to the plot: Apparently a supposed storm destroyed Eggman's base and forced him to have to live with Sonic and Tails in their house. It...goes about as well as you'd expect it.

The plot pretty much goes through all the typical points that this scenario creates. They let him in, he becomes a snobby roommate, (And BTW, Eggman, it was a nice try with that unsatisfied egg rant,

) They actually try to work it out, and it turns out Eggman was faking it all along. Considering who he's up against, I actually have no problem with his plan in this, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't consider expanding it to making all five members exhausted.

I do like the ending though. The battle with the robot, heck, even that moment where Eggman told Sonic the consequence of letting the robot actually trash his home gave me a little chuckle. So overall...not bad.

Episode 3: Translate this

Immediately revealing Tails' newest robot and what it can do, THAT caught my attention quite well. Based on what Tails said about its purpose and how it can possibly do this purpose, immediately what came to mind was "Oh snap! A SHADOW-BOT! NOW we're talking!" But no, it simply reads minds. But again, based on how it does this process, it's pretty close to the Shadows I know and love from the Persona Series.

Anyways, I do actually kind of like this Episode. The plot, while nothing much, is rather good, and I especially love how, just when it was going into a path I didn't like, in comes Tails to throw it off that path and into another rarely ventured kind of path. I also liked his plan overall, and especially what Sticks does right at the end.

Episode 4: Buster

The first of potentially many Sticks episodes, one of two that we know of. Sticks adopts a pet due to her unwitting cruelty towards little animals in her wild blunt ways of doing the job of her friends.

...Ok, here's a few questions right off the bat: HOW are there Humanoid animals and Animals that could be used as Pets? Isn't owning a pet in this world...a bit ethically disturbed? What are the animals that you keep as pets, compared to Animals that are humanoid? It's like the Goofy/Pluto Paradox: Why is one a humanoid dog and the other an actual dog? Every time I see "Pet" when it comes to Humanoid Animals, I see either aliens, or a very disturbed society. o.o

But I digress. So out of all the cute and adorable little potential pets, of course, Stick chooses the Robot dog she calls Buster right in the opposite spectrum...and I don't know what's more disturbing, Buster's constant stomach and bowel malfunction, or the idea that Eggman actually programmed him to be like that.

The plot twists about as expected, and it's honestly not an episode of my taste, but overall it's an average episode.

Episode 5: My Fair Sticksy

Once again, I have a few questions right off the bat. Sticks gets nominated for the "Awardsy Awards" (BTW, just because you acknowledge that it's a stupid name doesn't make it any less stupid.) and because it basically happens in a rather aristocratic ball, Sticks has to learn to be lady-like. I do have to wonder what she was Nominated for exactly, ...and for that matter why a Tarzan-like Badger would be chosen for anything by the island's 1% in the first place.

Anyways, this whole episode seems almost like a love letter to the "From tomboy to elegance" scenarios from things like the Princess Diaries and ESPECIALLY Miss Congeniality. If you've seen one of these kinds of movies, you probably know what to expect. I'll also admit that some of the Jokes here are actually a little good. Mostly Eggman's ballot machine in both cases, and that opening line about the Awardsy awards, and Knuckles I actually kind of liked with his scenario in the party.

So yeah, Not the best, but far from bad.

Episode 6: Fortress of Squalitude

Now here's where this gets interesting, if only because of one of its main aspects: The Evil Lairs magazine. Now this show is starting to make me think.

Eggman gets a possible chance to display his lair on the front of cover of this magazine. With that said, I seriously want to know: ...What's the story on THAT!? A magazine company designed for Evil Lairs? So that implies there's actually more than one Supervillain in this world that it warrants a magazine dedicated to their lairs? What the heck's the story on the Photographer and her assistant? I want to focus on what company would actually make a freaking magazine, dedicating writers and a photographer, to the lairs of super villains and potential dictators. Suddenly Eggman wanting to just rule the island makes sense: there's bigger fish to fry in the world, and I want to see them now!

So an assistant comes over to get a quick look at the place, and realizes how crap it is. ...Again, I REALLY Gotta know this guy's backstory and how he knows so much about EVIL VILLAIN LAIRS! (Though I disagree with the Bunsen burner thing. Sure it might look cool, but you know what's also cool? Common-sense and safety precautions. Can't really evil deeds if you wind up setting yourself on fire after all.) After Eggman begged for another chance, he's given a week to redecorate. But since he doesn't know what else to do, he decides to bring in Rari-errm-Amy Rose. By bringing in, of course, I mean kidnap and forced to redecorate.

Much like some of the episodes, it's simply not bad to me. I've never been a fan of fashion nor put much focus on it, so this kind of Ep is not my taste either, but even still it's pretty decent for what it's worth.

Episode 7: Double Doomsday

eyecontact2.gif

...Holy crap, this kid...First and foremost, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ONE NERB TO RULE THEM ALL!

The Episode seems basic enough: Eggman gets an obsessed fan, whom apprentices under Eggman, but things go down south horribly fast, with Eggman introducing him to his Doomsday machine and, impatient from Eggman's chores, makes one of his own. The rest is a Flame War of biblical proportions.

This kid isn't just obsessive, I'd say he's flat-out mentally unstable. What kind of perspective must he have on the world, that he not only obsesses over Eggman, but is SO excited for a freaking Doomsday Device? Ignoring the fact that he managed to replicate the Doomsday device in an unnaturally short amount of time, this guy was going to activate that thing without hesitation, and made it even worse when Eggman tried to compete. He was about to use a machine designed to KILL EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET just to prove a point.

But overall, it wasn't a bad episode, in fact, I dare say it's one of my favorites. The Chekov's Gun near the beginning was a tad annoying, but I can ignore that. Also:

"Who puts a reverse/off switch on a Doomsday Device?"

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Hmm...Well, Excluding the Extremely Sociopathic, the Nihilistic, and the outright insane? ...I'd wager just about anyone with an iota of common sense does. In case, you know, the Doomsday device that is made to create an apocalypse of which there is little chance of surviving activates on accident, or because you realized that your killing everyone and thing you ever knew and not knew and had a change of heart as a result.

IT'S A FREAKING GLOBAL CATACLYSM IN A CAN! Who WOULDN'T make something to keep it from going off prematurely? You might argue, why then would they make a Doomsday device if they could switch it off? To which I respond: Why would EGGMAN...FREAKING EGGMAN, make a Doomsday device in the first place!? Unless you intend on actually using it, in which case there is something incredibly wrong with you, Doomsday devices are made as Tools of Terror, to use for threats to get what you want on a giant scale. So of course there would be a way to switch it off, it's not suppose to be something to use to begin with!

Episode 8: Eggheads

7188679769_35081e0465_z.jpg

...This is by far my favorite Episode of the show.

At first I saw the Eggman plucking out hairs, and immediately it hit me what he planned. I couldn't help but sigh in relief when I see that it wasn't like I expected, instead making cookies out of them. ...Which I'll admit, I didn't see that coming.

So Eggman intending on using those cookies to get Mario on his side, but instead gets his friends in a little beginning joke of everyone and thing BUT Sonic getting it.

Then the scene cuts to Amy, Sticks, Tails, and Knuckles all gone full Eggman (complete with mustaches) and scheming to Eggman's delight as well as mine. This entire situation immediately makes me think of

and because of that, this scene is freaking glorious to me.

After a scene of evil education, which, I'll admit, seems legit enough. They engage in battle with the hedgehog, and the ending result I refuse to spoil. I will say this though, I think they were inspired by Fleetway's Sonic Comics when it comes to this one. Which reminds me, Apparently their abilities such as Eggman's intelligence is encoded into their DNA. Who knew?

Overall, This one was actually really good. I recommend giving it a watch if you haven't yet.

----------------------------------------------------------

Now let's talk about the characters, ...in order of their appearance:

Sonic: Sonic in this is...well, Sonic. Sonic has always been a typical cocky but laid-back devil-may-care teenager with a sense of justice. In that regard, he hasn't changed much and man is that fortunate. Though to me, it feels like they expressed his attitude as a teenager a tad too much. I don't know why but every time I see this version of Sonic, and hears the way he speaks I just immediately think of him as a lost Jonas Brother. Besides that little irritation, I have no real problem with him. Sonic was always laid-back and cocky, no need to change something that works.

Eggman: Eggman, on the other hand, they seemed to change up in regard of the intensity of his schemes. The fact that he can just come and go from the island as he pleases and nobody seems to bat an eye, plus his minions can come and ask Sonic for help whenever they need it, shows that he's not an actual conquerer like Julian, his game counterpart, or, heck, even Dr. "PINGAS" from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The AoStH Robotnik was an idiot but at least he wanted to takeover on a global scale. This Eggman just wants this island, expressed only care for this island, and as we can assume from "Fortress of Squalitude", he's not even the only conquerer on the planet. He's not a supervillain, he's a bully with two robot servants forced to follow his every step.

And it, is, GLORIOUS! I'm serious, everytime this guy shows up on screen he just seems to steal the show for me. I don't know what it is about him, but everytime he comes on screen I just can't wait to see what he has in mind next. He's not the Best Eggman on TV; that role will always belong to Julian. But he is by far the most entertaining. His plans, while predictable, are not necessarily bad, and while he tries to be the villain, he goes to Sonic and co to ask for some help without hesitation. (The ending part of "Can an evil genius crash on your couch for a week" and "Fortress of Squalitude" for example.) He of course, follows the same tropes of a villain: Sore loser, stealing ideas, etc. but a bully can do that just as well. His reactions are good, his choices, while questionable in regards to hindsight, are not too bad for an antagonist, he tolerates Sonic and Co, just as much as they tolerate him, and he's just...VERY entertaining. So far, he's my favorite character in this show. ...I'm still thinking on whether that's good or bad on this show's part.

Tails: My Favorite HERO and second favorite character on the other-other hand, is Tails. I stated in the comics that Boom Tails seems to have the biggest grasp on Common Sense of the five. That statement is still valid in this show. Tails is clearly your typical heroic tinkerer, always interested in making invenrtions and sadden when they aren't showing their usefulness. But as he has an intelligent mind, he's also one of the first to notice when something's up.

Ultimately it was because of him and his reaction to Sonic's firing him in the first episode, that kept me watching it. The reason I hated that Episode at first is that I knew where they were going and I absolutely hated that typical trope, always did. What, does Tails get Sad, or upset by this fact? Does he just try not to get in the way until that moment where he saves Sonic at the end? NO! He goes "Screw that" and tries his best to get back in, and hilarity ensues. In the Third episode he tried to get his robot back when nobody else wanted to, and made a deal to be Eggman's assistant in exchange, even recorded that he was just fine and not to save them, on the Shadow-err-mind-reading bot. I got a little annoyed because that reminded me of boom Comic's Knuckles' action. But no, he's gave it its use by actually revealing what he really meant with that message and IMMEDIATELY left Eggman at the first chance he got, defeating the robots, saving his robot almost single-handedly, and proving its effective use all in one go. This kid is freaking awesome!

Amy: ...

3osyxj.jpg

In the Comic's first outing, I believe I expressed my hatred of Boom-Style Amy Rose. She was, to put it simply, a blunt unforgiving jerk with no sense of restraint or kindness. I was hoping this was just Ian Flynn's fault and that this wasn't the case in the show, and Thank you God, it was.

There's not much to say about this version of Amy. She's basically the typical female of the group, caring about a sense of fashion, showing sticks what it means to live like a lady, etc. But the fact that she was willing to even help out the Doctor with his lair's decorations tells me that she does have a kind heart, I'll take a typical female with a good heart over a jerk anyday.

Knuckles: And then there was Knuckles. ...

54089373.jpg

While he is still not exactly smart and still looks and acts like a muscle-bound idiot, this version of Boom Knuckles actually has some Virutes to balance the Vices. It's to a point where he's just dumb enough to be humorous, but not as dumb as he was in the Comics. He has basic things down and, well, when he does act like an idiot it's actually funny rather than depressingly insulting. I still don't like the fact that they made my favorite character drop his IQ down quite a few points, but I can certainly tolerate this version of it.

Sticks: We brings us, last but not least, to Sticks. My second-favorite of the main five and third favorite in general. I'd like to first point out how odd and humorous it is that a Badger, a WILD Badger I might add, is befriending not one but two hedgehogs. This is because, Badgers in real life are known to EAT Hedgehogs. I can only imagine an unfound Stick trying to chomp on Sonic's head when they first found her as result of this.

She's a tad annoying with her conspiracy-theorist-spewing. But at the same time, her quick movements and on-the-spot actions out of nowhere are quite humorous.

-----------------

Overall, The show is...good. It's certainly not the best thing Sonic has ever produced, probably not worth plastering all over almost every form of media like it was the next MLP: FiM (Of which the five heroes seem to remind me of 5 of the main 6 of.) But it's also not terrible, far from it in fact. I've seen far worse things with Sonic's name on it then this to be sure. The first 8 episodes are pretty good and I hope that the next episodes afterwards keeps steady on this middle line of quality at the very least, and gets higher up at most.

7/10. If you're a Sonic fan, I suggest giving it a watch, if only to give it a chance.

So Im just going to talk about the show in general.  Nothing episode specific.

Its... Not bad. Its not great either. It is actually kinda funny. If this was an attempt to revamp sonic to make it popular and competitive with what kids watch now a days they did a decent job. It's one of the better 'lighter adaptations' I've seen recently... But its still barely good. Its not building up to anything. Eggman isn't really even a villian. More like a jerky friend. It was a good start but by episode three I was like, ':T... Come on... Be threatening.'

I'll watch it if I'm bored but I was actually hopeing for so much more and am kinda disappointed.