283 posts in this topic

Well, I've found a trailer/sneak-peek at the series for you guys, so here it is:

I... er, I... *sigh* I don't know what to think, honestly. It's good to see Tails and Eggman still being voiced by their current voice actors (though is it just me, or does Mike Pollock seem to fluxuate between his Eggman and Eggman Nega voices a bit?), while Roger's Sonic I find is... meh. I don't know, but to me he just starts sounding a little bit worse each time he returns as the Blue Blur. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't hate the guy, I just personally find his Sonic voice to be very... meh.

I'm very mixed on the designs (no surprise there). Sonic with blue arms doesn't bother me (see: overreacting to green eyes) and I actually really like Tails' design. It kinda reminds me of a cross between his Riders and Secret Rings (as Ali Baba) appearences. Knux and Amy, on the other hand... well, I won't get too worked up over Amy since, if anything it appears to stop any 'panty-shots' from ever appearing (see: Sonic Advance 3 Special Stages) but Knux is just... ugh. Ah well, as long as the series is entertaining, I'm sure I can get over these problems. (Heck, people aren't fully agreeing with the Sly Cooper movie designs, but I'll still watch it regardless.)

Also, I'd like to point out that any comments on the video game tie-in (please don't suck!) should be noted in the seperate topic that Shadow/Cheery made, not this one.

1 person likes this

So, uh.... I guess I'm in the minority here, but I kinda like the redesigns. Well, ok, except for Knuckle's one. And I'm not sold on Eggman.

Amy and Sonic are both alright, I kinda like the scarf. And Tails with goggles and tool belt? Hell yes!

I'm guessing that because all the characters seem to have that bandage thing going on, that there might actually be a reason for it. Maybe some kinda friction reducing substance to allow for superspeeds without damage?

As for the voice actors, well, I have to agree with NegaMetallix about Sonic.

Not that into Knuk's design, but whatever ya know.

I for one find Sonic's legs a little too long really. They don't seem to fit the proportions of the rest of his body. And I also agree with Nega. Griffith is still my favourite Sonic voice.

They look fine. Tails just became cooler, Amy... didn't change much, Knuckle's just is changed too much And Sonic didn't change much. AND did the same thing happen to Metal Sonic?

Edited by NMS

After seeing the trailer, I can't say my opinion has changed much. I don't really mind the voice actors for any of the characters and the teaser itself actually seemed interesting

But I will say I hope Tails gets to do something like that with his belt in the games. It was pretty cool

But I will say I hope Tails gets to do something like that with his belt in the games. It was pretty cool

I think there's a clip of him shooting some laser blasts in there, so it looks likely!

Alright , let's explain this once and for all. These are sporting tapes . You can see them being used by professionnal or running and parkour alike , as it help them.

Now you know. Search it up on google.

I'm actually diggin' these designs!

Tails and Amy are perf.

The only gripe I have with Sonic's design are the blue arms.

Knuckles... they could've made him look upper body strong without making him humongous and his head looks too small.

Everyone's legs are too long.

And yeah the bandages/tape are used by real athletes, as Locke stated, to support the foot and ankle, stuff like that

Sonic has blue arms?

*checks picture*

Oh yeah.

*shrugs*

Hoe could you not notice that?!

Um, because the slight change to a characters arms was less noticeable to me than the scarf? Honestly, I didn't notice until it was pointed out.

Skye you're not the only one. I saw the trailer when it came out (I even watched it twice) and I hadn't noticed that Sonic's arms are now blue.

I really can't give me opinion in the differential, I never had the privilege of playing the Sonic games, but I must say that the series look better than I expected... As for designs the only I didn't agree with was Knuckles, as for Tails...he looks awesome, yet I freaked out a bit with his eyes (they seem smaller).

So The Chosen One wanted me to put this pic up.

Happy now Dad? :P

amXxXVd_700b.jpg

Thanks son...just a little fun towards Knuckles' major change. XD

Just saw the trailer for both the game and the show. It looks so freaking awesome. Hurry SEGA and take my money!! I want this game!!

IMPORTANT : http://www.sonicstad...-every-episode/

I'm kind of disappointed with this.

Me too. So every episode have a complete different plot and doesn't built up (like in Sonic X the whole Season 1).

We will see how this ends up.

I like it, that the Chaos Emeralds will be not mentioned, because it's a new universe and the "collect-the-gems-and-be-Super-Sonic" is kinda boring, because in every game he is turning to Super Sonic (not in every, but in most of the games). Sonic can be a superhero without the Emeralds.

Disappointing, but not in the least surprising.

I hope at least they have continuity, despite having a reset button after every episode (Even AoStH had recurring characters and references to past episodes). And if the series is a success, who know, maybe it'll change as time goes on.

My brother has just seen the new designs. His thoughts:

Sonic, Tails and Eggman looks better than they used to

Amy looks MUCH better

Knuckles... Doesn't look better

Tails looks cute.

Amy looks pretty,

Sonic, cool as ever

Knuckles looks like that one typical high school bully

I'm really interested in this new cartoon, according to the scanty information we posses, looks entertaining.

1 person likes this

Raging over Justin Bieber is so 2008. It's like videos of people burning consoles or copies of Twilight.

The horse is dead, there's no point in beating it anymore. Sonic, on the other hand, Sonic is eternal....

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/02/25/go-behind-the-scenes-with-sonic-boom/

Orbot and Cubot confirmed. Humm, this is getting interesting. Also, the genesis of the so much debated sports tapes are revealed!

Hmm... Alternate Dimension Eggman? *looks at Master Nega* Uh-oh! Also, just the idea of an episode based around alternate dimensions makes my brain hurt. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to find a way of bringing the main series characters in for a (likely very) brief cameo somewhere in that episode.

That behind-the-scenes definately got me even more intrigued. I'm certainly pleased with Travis Willingham's new Knux voice. Sounds closer to Scott Drier from SA2/Heroes. Mike Pollock as Eggman and Roger as Sonic are the same as ever. 'Tis a shame that Kate Higgins won't be returning as Tails, but at least Colleen Villard (who currently voices Charmy Bee in the main series) doesn't sound that bad. And then there's Amy... just, ugh. Even though they're trying to make her a more useful character, I just can't deal with Cindy Robinson's 'Minnie Mouse' voice any longer! *sigh* Oh well, you can't win 'em all, I guess. As for the video game, I really don't have much to say on it outside of what I've said before. I'm still cautiously optimistic for both the game and TV series, so we'll just see what happens later this year.