283 posts in this topic

Sometime , we get surprised , an sometime , we it's not a good thing. Now let us wait and see.

Yeah pretty much lol

Knuckles is one of my all time favorite characters, partly because of the way he looks; his features and proportions are just visually appealing. Iizuka and the creators of this show just took a giant s*** on that, which is apparent just by his sillohoutte. I'm praying those character designs stay out of the comics and video games (of course I wouldn't be surprised if they did become the "new look", given that we're talking about Iizuka).

I know they've just shown shadows, but Iizuka's "great ideas", plus the writer from My Little Pony, plus an animation studio whom hasn't even done a cartoon thats been popular, and plus the fact its on Cartoon Network (I personally besides Adventure Time haven't enjoyed a cartoon on that channel since Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Dexters Lab, etc. stopped airing; even with those, the newer episodes weren't all that great) equals a disaster waiting to happen. And I'm sure all of the collectibles based on the games will go away to make room for toys based on the show, which was exactly what happened with Sonic X. The last time I was nervous about sillohouttes Sega showed was for Lost World & they ended up being the Deadly Six...which ill leave it at that.

This is just my opinion, I respect everyone else's. Sega has found a way to somewhat try to ruin the Sonic series at the peak of its popularity by trying to cash in on the series, and I just hope that this show isn't the beginning of making the series more "kid friendly" And doing just that. Just look at what Namco did to PAC Man, and that started with PAC Mans Ghostly Adventures being put on DisneyXD.

I'm going to hold off judgment for now, until we can see the characters faces. If they've changed some of the basic outlines this much....

And for those of you who think Amy is wearing an unusual dress, actually, it looks more like it's her hands against here hips. So she might be in trousers this time around.

Well now, what if they also change their personalities. That's when I cross the line.

Sometimes someone's shadow has a different shape to what the person looks like depending where the person is and where the light source is. Perhaps Knuckles is just standing in a strange which has exaggerated what he looks like. That's what I'm hoping

That or Knuxy is standing next to the Master emerald, what's with his guardian Job.

execpt that this time around, we might not get to see another guardian like althaïr . Remember sonic underground ? that was one of the few interesting thing.

You know, I could believe that Knux's ridiculous shadow might be him standing next to the Master Emerald... if SEGA and Sonic Team didn't seem to forget that it even exists. (Heck, according to Iizuka himself, Hyper Sonic and the Super Emeralds are all non-canon.) But it's still too early to say, personally.

Hyper sonic non-canon? Thank god . All these transformation were starting to be ridiculous.

The only thing I'm afraid of.... Is an actual french opening....

A guy on Bumbleking's Kreative Korner (user comic123 or comic321) did a story in the Sonic Off-Panel Universe thread. It's related to the new show. And it shows the "truth" of Sonic and Knux's new designs.

Really? BlueBlur62391, please enlighten us if you may. I'd like to know the reason for this change.

From what I have heard, its gonna be more like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, more than anything else. That alone makes me feel like the show might not even be worth watching. I heard it was going to be CGI, like in the games, but I am not sure. I like the creators of MLP, but I just hope they don't screw up Sonic and the others. I was honestly hoping it would be like a cross between Sonic X and Sonic SatAM (Love both the shows ^^)

I really don't mind the current voice actors but if they use Amys current voice actor ( Freaking Minnie Mouse >: ( ) or if they have Shadow in it and use his current voice actor, I don't think I will be able to sit down long enough to even watch the show before I start ripping my ears off.

1 person likes this

I know what you mean. i feel the same way although I think the show might be worth watching because (my opinion) I have watched every Sonic episode series there was ever created so I am eager to see another show come out. But of course other people might find different reasons why they would like to see the Sonic Boom Cartoon and reasons why not. Either way it's up to them. I don't care how it turns out. I just want to watch it. :)

UPDATE .

And here is the thing we all waited for .... The new designs !!!

tumblr_n0l7jbOPlb1s0700eo1_1280.jpg

Sheesh, knux looks like he took a few pounds.

Knuckles' head almost looks superimposed onto that weird body. And I don't get the pseudo-mummification look they're going for with the wrists and ankles, as well as Sonic wearing a scarf for some reason. This all looks very strange.

I don't like how Knuckles looks. I don't like that Sonic has blue arms. I don't like the bandages on their arms (they aren't mummies!) and I don't like the fact that they haven't showed Amy or Tails (Amy worries me). Otherwise, I guess it's okay

How can you hates everything on a picture and still states that it's alright otherwise ?

I know they aren't mummies. I merely used that metaphor to get the point across that it looks odd. And yes I agree about the other characters not showing up, though I'm sure they'll be revealed soon enough.

What? No I wasn't talking to you Shadow

Well I don't mind the scarf. That's one thing, Locke

Yeah, that's a pretty cool scarf .

So.......... they are making a game out of it.

[media=]

"Made by ex naughty-dog " sure.

Angry looking amy. Sure

Dubstep music ..........

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner .

Maybe this is the third game exclusive to Nintendo

There , I found an official Art showing all the mains.

tumblr_n0l95c3ReG1qk4vnwo1_1280.jpg

Sonic, Knuckles and Amy looks worse here than in the trailer!

Tails surprisingly looks better here than in the trailer

Well, so far this looks like an awesome move from Sega. The designs aren't that great, but at least it's just a sub-brand, not a reboot. The game looks actually beautiful, but thos character models have got to be updated. So far I'm digging it, but I just hope this Ratchet and Clank esque game proves to be the bee's knees.