283 posts in this topic

If Eggman is in Sonic Boom (which I'm pretty certain he will be) I'd like to see him as an evil guy who's a lot like his comic counterpart, but brings some comedy relief from time to time. AOSTH Robotnik was funny, but was so pathetic at achieving anything remotely evil that I sort of felt sorry for him. Shadow would also be a really good addition, since he brings so much depth, which is what Sonic cartoons sometimes lacked.

BUT AOSTH Robotnik did achieving his goal of collecting all of the chaos emerald.

BUT AOSTH Robotnik did achieving his goal of collecting all of the chaos emerald.

Then failed to get rid of Sonic in the best way possible after achieving this goal. He never seemed as evil as any other version I have seen elsewhere. I think the Robotnik from AOSTH was the step up from Kintober from Moebius by the fact he did try to do evil.

Overall though, Robotnik needs to seem more evil, and less comical (though I did find it funny with the "I've fallen and I can't get up") in Sonic Boom. We can pretty much guarantee this if it's Eggman rather than Robotnik, but still a good villain can make all the difference.

Hell, the guy can still be comedic, it just shouldn't over shadow his villainy, which we barely had a problem with after AOSTH and before Colors, although Unleashed did show some signs of his slipping appeal. BTW, did anyone here even realize that Eggman actually built "Eggman Land" in Unleashed, which was something he wanted to do since Adventure? You know, the main reason he tried to nuke a whole city?

Then failed to get rid of Sonic in the best way possible after achieving this goal. He never seemed as evil as any other version I have seen elsewhere. I think the Robotnik from AOSTH was the step up from Kintober from Moebius by the fact he did try to do evil.

Overall though, Robotnik needs to seem more evil, and less comical (though I did find it funny with the "I've fallen and I can't get up") in Sonic Boom. We can pretty much guarantee this if it's Eggman rather than Robotnik, but still a good villain can make all the difference.

The "I've fallen and I can't get up!" part was pretty funny :P :lol: I did enjoy AOSTH a lot, Robotnik in that cartoon was funny, it's just that for a new cartoon like Sonic Boom, I'm hoping they can make a good balance of Eggman's comical side and his dastardly evil side like the one in the comic. Metal Sonic would also make an excellent villain if they gave him a similar part as in Sonic Heroes.

There are several good villains about that haven't been used in any of the cartoons, Metal Sonic is a prime example. Not sure if any will be used though.

Yeah, why are many Sonic characters never used? I mean, the games pretend no other characters outside of Sonic, Tail, and Eggman exist unless it's a spin-off thanks to the Nintendo fans, and he comics do a good job of keeping up with them but that's it. I mean, Sonic X did have Chaotix but they weren't featured that much(most of the time just being dumb comedy relief), Emarl only for a few EPs, and Omega, Metal Sonic, nor Gmerl were ever around.

Ahh the Chaotix. Loved watching Espio using Knuckles as a puppet and Charmy saying funny things ("look at him go, he's out of control" or something like that referring to Vector). If your going to use the Chaotix, use them more than Sonic X did. SATam sea3on animated, I think wont include them, the comics for sea3on certainly didn't. A good Sonic cartoon needs good characters and the Archie universe has a lot to choose from. I never thought much about the other characters but now I'm practically praying that if Sonic Boom comes out, they will have a large selection of good characters.

Actually, I'm hoping it lasts longer. It took me about a week to finish watching all of Sonic X, too short for someone who doesn't have much to do.

let's just wait until we actually get some screenshot of this show, ok?

I'm too impatient for that. I've seen a screenshot for sea3on on the link I already gave but I'm too impatient for a screenshot of Sonic Boom

But you must!!!! It's the only way to be sure.....

I can't! I need to watch some other Sonic to calm down. Yes, I will go watch some Sonic X since I finished rewatching some of the others. That will calm me down and excite me for new Sonic.

calm down, you are starting to creep me out..... how about playing some fan game ? I heard sonic : after the sequel was out :3

1 person likes this

I know, but my IPod is outdated and is unlikely to allow me to buy it.

Oh, perhaps I will then, but currently, I would rather watch some Sonic things.

well it's game; it's like a video, execpt that you have even more more ccontrol over what happen....

I know what a game is thank you, I would just rather watch some Sonic things, partly so I can judge the cartoons coming out in comparison to the cartoons/animes that exist.

in that case , you still have the fanimation, but well.... appart from sonic shorts , most of them are quite .... sprity .

I know, I saw one and didn't like it. I'm watching the real stuff so that I can properly judge them and so that I can enjoy myself more in doing so.

indeed ; but that musn't be funny to be running out of watching material after a while...

I've only watched everything once. I then spent a day wondering what to do and then decided to watch them all again. I'm enjoying them, I'll keep enjoying them until I get bored.

hope it doesn't happen too soon!!! I , for one, will just get busy doing stuff around, and mayby buy myself a new HD ....