283 posts in this topic

This thread is dedicated for the cartoon Sonic Boom only. For other posts, please refer to other threads.

http://www.tssznews....c-boom-cartoon/

It may be a rumor, though.

The Pony reference makes me wanna throw up. (My opinion!)

Edited by Shadow

I hope its true. Perhaps it will be on with satam sea3on animated.

That image at the top of the article makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon. But as for the cartoon itself, it could work depending on what style it goes for. They mention its going for a more conedic approach. Whether I like that really depends on what kind of comedy they go for, which means I'll have to wait and see. Given this guy's previous work, I'm not getting my hopes up.

That image at the top of the article makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

I have to agree with you there

I heard it's true actually, but I'm not certainly sure about it...

Positives:

-My little pony wasn't too bad I guess, even old guys are watching it

-I like the artstyle of My Little Pony

-Good ol classic adventure with Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Amy. Hopefully no stupid humans this time.

Negatives:

-Anime > Cartoons. By far.

-I prefer the artstyle of Sonic X over My Little Pony though.

-Hopefully it won't just stay with those 4 characters.

It might have a connection with Sonic Underground... Ugh, am I the only one who dislikes Sonic Underground D:

2 people like this

Although I prefer cartoon styles like those in SATAM or the 90s X Men tv show over anime, I must say that I'd much rather have anime if that cartoon style wasn't being used, which I fear it won't be. And while I find the story of Underground ok, I don't like the spontaneous musical numbers. This is Sonic, not Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I would prefer to see anime used, I doubt it will which is a shame. I have never seen my little pony (and am proud of it) so I cannot make judgements on the storyline or the artstyle.

In terms of Sonic Underground. I rather enjoyed it. Not as much as some of the other cartoons perhaps but my main problem with it is that there is no proper ending to it. Spontaneous music numbers were a little odd sometimes but some of the music was good.

1 person likes this

Oh god no. I'm up for another Sonic Cartoon, but I don't think it should be anything like Sonic X, moreso thoughs Darn ponies. It would be an insult to what little coolness Sonic has left.

While I do understand your frustration about the possible mlp connections, guys, (and I also have no idea why everybody assumes that - yes, the guy that worked on the ponies now also works on this, but so what? for me, that doesn't automatically mean that the whole show would be completely identical to it

I get what you sayin' here man, but with all the talk on the net that Sonic should be light and no one minding that he's gotten more kiddy then originally intended, a new cartoon even close to that would only validate the notin more. I just hope they get some good writers in that piece.

It might have a connection with Sonic Underground... Ugh, am I the only one who dislikes Sonic Underground D:

Nope, that show is controversial.

Frankly, I was almost put off with watching Sonic Underground to begin with with all the negative reviews about it from sonic fans. So I wouldn't worry about being the only person to dislike it.

This show has masses of potential. My Little Pony may not be my favourite show in the world, but I do know it's considered a cool program by a bewildering amount of people, so having a writer from that show to do Sonic Boom is a good idea. In terms of what I think it's about, I'm really stumped, but I do hope it might be loosely based on the comics. However, there's little chance for that unfortunately. If it's on a comedic style, then I'll still be happy. Sonic X was in a slightly comedic style at times and look how good that show was. So, hopefully we'll be getting this show later this year and even more hopefully it'll be popular. Another I must add, is I'm not really surprised they're making a new Sonic cartoon. Haven't you noticed they've made a cartoon of Sonic every third year in a decade? For example, SATAM and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog were aired on 1993 and Sonic X was aired in 2003, see the pattern here ;)

I'm not sure what stage of development Sonic Boom is at if it is being made. However I doubt it will come out this year. Sonic SATam sea3on is apparently doing finishing touches and has a schedule for July when they are promoting it at some conventions, so perhaps they will be aired this year. I have no idea. If either are aired this year then perhaps I can look forward to another Sonic cartoon or anime in 2023.

I'm not sure what stage of development Sonic Boom is at if it is being made. However I doubt it will come out this year. Sonic SATam sea3on is apparently doing finishing touches and has a schedule for July when they are promoting it at some conventions, so perhaps they will be aired this year. I have no idea. If either are aired this year then perhaps I can look forward to another Sonic cartoon or anime in 2023.

They're making a new SATam? I never knew that! :o

Sonic X was in a slightly comedic style at times and look how good that show was

Many others and myself didn't find that show to be good, matter of fact, it's the least favorite Sonic cartoon for me. Not only too anim-ish for me, but it was just to watered down compared to anything Sonic outside of AOSTH.

I found that out via this link. They also have comic versions of sea3on

http://sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

It might be some big joke but it's a convincing one if it is.

Sounds legit, but you can never be too certain. It would be nice to see this happen though.

Sounds legit, but you can never be too certain. It would be nice to see this happen though.

I know. Hopefully everyone will find out sooner or later for both SATam sea3on and Sonic Boom. And that they will last longer than any of the four other anime/cartoons did.

I know. Hopefully everyone will find out sooner or later for both SATam sea3on and Sonic Boom. And that they will last longer than any of the four other anime/cartoons did.

Yeah, I know Sonic X lasted a respectable amount of time, but I'd like to see a Sonic cartoon that doesn't get cancelled for once.

I totally looking for Sea3on of SATam and Sonic boom just like the rest of the sonic fanbase you better not turn out like my little pony even thourgh I never seen it. In also I think sonic underground was ok I just didn`t like about them singing all the time and the fact there were no ending to it.

I totally looking for Sea3on of SATam and Sonic boom just like the rest of the sonic fanbase you better not turn out like my little pony even thourgh I never seen it.

Dudem you know why current My Little Pony cartoon is popular? Because its preety good for a show about ponies. And people dont hate because its stupid or anything but because its about ponies, and because of "bronies". So, what do you mean by "not turn out like little pony"? That it wont be better and more popular that its' predecessors?

Really it was stupid idea to mention those ponies, they're not related to subject and we should just drop it. My thoughts about show? I've been waiting long time for show based on Sonic in modern time, now that they have all those characters so they wont have to start world from scratch (and grounder ;-) ). By any luck by more comedic style they mean something like "Ben 10: Omniverse". It sure would be awesome if they used Archie characters. Still we have to wait for more informations, at least a picture with desings would be nice. (Not to mention confirm that whole thing is real) Otherwise I dont have much to say.

Dudem you know why current My Little Pony cartoon is popular? Because its preety good for a show about ponies. And people dont hate because its stupid or anything but because its about ponies, and because of "bronies". So, what do you mean by "not turn out like little pony"?

I know you said this should be dropped but I gotta throw my 2 cents in this. Appeal, it does matter to people son, and it's part of human nature to judge something by looks alone, so you should at least understand that yes, people are gonna be turned off by a cartoon about a bunch of colorful ponies, that ain't the kind of ish most guys would want to watch and we shouldn't be prosucuted for it because "it's writing and animation is good". If anything, many of us thought the same thing about writing and animation when it came to a lot of other cartoons before this, so why would I watch a cartoon about some ponies when I can get on Youtube and look up episodes of cartoons like Spawn or Earthworm Jim, cartoons that actually have appeal to them?

On the subject of Sonic, when you look at how Sega of Japan has geared this series more towards children, and the fanbase being taken over by Nintendo fan and bronies(barely any of them buyign the games to boot), plus Sonic X being more light then it needed to be cause 4kids had to screw that up, yeah, I'm also buggin' that a new sonic cartoon with this modern, anime-ish, Sonic would turn into something that we don't want, nor what Sonic was orignally suppose to be, and only add more fule to the fire of people thinking Sonic is suppose to be like this just because he was marketed towards kids, forgetting Sonic was suppose to be a family friendly bada**. Sorry mang, but I see all this as a serious problem that needs to be pointed out.

I would agree with Blue Comet. Although I look forward to both (if they are real) I don't want either to be anything like my little pony. I am one of those people who would rather not be caught watching colourful ponies. I know someone who would but I am not that kind of a person. Even if it did turn out like my little pony, I would still give it a try but I would probably do it privately for fear of getting caught watching it.

May I point out with Sonic X, series 1 was light most of the time, which is fine by me. It got much darker in series 2 with the Metarex. I don't know if you saw it but it certainly wasn't the same as series 1. In terms of the anime. I haven't watched much anime on TV, Sonic X is pretty much the only anime I've watched and what little I've seen I've enjoyed. I personally doubt that SATam sea3on will not be an anime but I don't know about Sonic Boom but either way, don't get annoyed at Sonic if the new cartoons are animes.

I myself pretty much enjoyed Sonic X. I've watched alot of more famous animes lik DBZ, FMA and others, and I can safely assure Sonic X compared to those isn't a great anime. That doesn't mean it's a bad one, because those animes are just awesome :P The main reason Sonic X sucked for me were the humans. They were just so stupid.

I myself pretty much enjoyed Sonic X. I've watched alot of more famous animes lik DBZ, FMA and others, and I can safely assure Sonic X compared to those isn't a great anime. That doesn't mean it's a bad one, because those animes are just awesome :P The main reason Sonic X sucked for me were the humans. They were just so stupid.

While not a bad one, it still wasn't a great one, and it also set a standard for Sonic that he should've NEVER been on, for it has caused some guys to make Demotivators like this. Please tell me you guys see what the problem is with that demotivator, cause to me, it really does seem like they were complaning about Eggman being the villain he's suppose to be. :ph34r: