283 posts in this topic

Actually I did see Mario vs Sonic before. That video came up somewhere else and I watched it. I'd agree with it.

SO...Apparently there is quite the rumor that a brand-new Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon is being made right now. It does not sound like it is a successor to any previous cartoon series (sorry, probably no to a continuation of SatAM or Underground). Here's a link to TSSZ, with all of the info: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/sega-launching-new-sonic-boom-cartoon/

Now, before clicking, just know that it has NOTHING to do with My Little Pony (thank god). The reasoning behind them using an image of that show is due to the fact that the writer who talked about the new Sonic series also worked on MLP (as well as apparently South Park).

So, after reading the article, what does everyone think? It seems like a legitimate source; I mean, it isn't a 100% sure thing, but there's probably a 90% chance that this is real.

I personally wouldn't be totally against a new Sonic cartoon. It would be a way for Sonic to get more exposure, and introduce a younger audience to Sonic. Plus, cartoons like Adventure Time have proven that a cartoon can appeal to older teens/adults just as much to kids. I'm a bit worried after Sonic X however. The show itself was great, but the 4Kids U.S. version seemed "dumbed" down quite a bit. And on top of that, nearly all Sonic merchandise was for the cartoon show; and being aimed at a younger audience, much of the Sonic X merchandise was more toy than collectible (There was virtually no merchandise for Heroes, Shadow, Sonic 06 and every other spin-off because all merch. were toys based on Sonic X, not the video games). The 4Kids version of Sonic X just seemed to make people consider Sonic was exclusively for a younger audience, and I hope that a new cartoon series would be handled differently than Sonic X.

And please know, I liked Sonic X when I was younger, still have an interest in it and want to watch the original version (with subtitles obviously). I don't mean to bash it, my point being more towards the fact that the show took away focus from the video games in multiple ways.

1 person likes this

Im not against the idea of it being comedic, as long as there is some...how do I put it, contex to the jokes? (No, that doesn't sound right ether...)

What im trying to say is I wouldn't mind it as long as it wouldn't be mostly joke so much that it affects the characters.

Like how "Teen Titains Go!" ......crashed and burned horribly with its jokes and lack of keeping consistant to the characters of the show it was based off of.

Back to topic, if it can pull off the comedy, while staying true to the characters and doing it well. ill be all for it.

There's my 2 cents.

Mmmm. I'm not liking the sound the the "comedic in style bit." Makes sense that Dave would be working on it cuz MLP had a lot of comedy. I'm sorry but American Comedy cartoons are just so unexiting.

That's the problem....He didn't spend his whole time Writing ONLY for My pony/ He also did other stuff. So just wait and see. It won't be worse than the english dub of sonic X.

1 person likes this

I think it's just the same animators as MLP. Who would be a good animation director for the show if it was cel-ese?

(Hint: R chi pen slur)

Please , please.... No joke about poney ... It's a sonic fansite.... just hope it'll be good...

I think it's just the same animators as MLP. Who would be a good animation director for the show if it was cel-ese?

(Hint: R chi pen slur)

Personally I'm not really a fan of that style

I meant the style should be like Archie Comics! If the animation director is Yardley, Sonic looks like he was drawn by Yardley!

1 person likes this

Well, Yardley as the animation director would be nice, but remember that some of the shows the director of The Buzz on Maggie and My Little Pony had worked on was vector. It would be nice to see them in Sonic X (with more accuracy) or the Sonic Channel Style. Those were pretty good arts.

Indeed . But I must say I kinda liked the sonic X style .

Sonic X had a nice style.

I'll make judgement on the style of the Sonic Boom when I see it

Yes , We could use some more Sonic cartoon . But I wish it was more than a mere rumor , Or another cartoon completely ...

It might be like that new PAC-MAN show.

You might want to say more about this, as you just sparked my interest.

They've put an area for Sonic Boom as a cartoon on Sonic wikia, so I think it's more than just a rumour, but I could be wrong

Okay, it was taken off. So perhaps it is a hoax

Dylan.... This is a textbook case of a Rumor growing too big. So, let's just wait before saying something.

edit: By saying wait, I'm referring to "waiting for more information". Speaking in this topic is still possible...

Edited by Locke (lost soul)
1 person likes this

When will the fear of getting to watch a show that you wanna watch that might give you the Pony plague end!?

I'm looking forward to this cartoon a lot actually, but the only aspect of this that I don't like is the My Little Pony connections wit the art style and whatnot. But let's see how it all plays out shall we?

I really don't like how Knux looks like in that sillhoutte (sp?) myself and I'm not that big on CGI shows but since it's a new Sonic cartoon I will probably check it out anyways. xD Of course they could always change his look, Teen Titans Go made Raven look different so we'll just have to wait and see what they look like.