Katzdoomin

Minecraft

27 posts in this topic

logo.png

Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, in~ Oh c'mon, just read

wiki, post on forums and if you want more, read this. Anyways, let's discuss this game.

1 person likes this

I used to play MC every day, but for now I find it kinda boring. You're just collecting stuff to build more stuff to kill Enderdragon, and that's... well, it. I don't like mods very much too. They often ruin feeling of Minecraft (like weapons mod) and they can be a pain to install. Though overall the game is not bad. Can't wait what they'll add in next update.

Some new stuff is alredy here, and I like it. And I also don't really like texture packs. Only couple, and I don't even use them.

1 person likes this

Anyone know the system requirements for Minecraft? And by that, I mean personal experience on computers. I wonder what it would run on with a couple of setting set to "Normal?"

Wow, that's great, Lunar! I think I could run that on my netbook, though do you mind if you report your video card stats, that's my weakest link here. Try GPU-Z. My computer's video card is 16MB, which I've heard is insanely low.

Nevertheless, my friend played it on his medium-level laptop, and it was a Java implementation, so something as slow as that running on a medium laptop and still running fairly well makes me feel like it'd run except for the video card.

Well darn, I was considering buying this. It's 512MB, darn. I knew that was a bit old.

Well darn, I was considering buying this. It's 512MB, darn. I knew that was a bit old.

I can run MineCraft on my PC with these settings:

Graphics: Fast

Smooth Lighting: OFF

Brightness: Bright

Particles: Minimal

Render Distance: Normal

Prfomance: Balansed

View Bobbing: OFF

Clouds: OFF

And I haven't lags!

If you want know my PC-hardware:

Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 GHz

3GB RAM

GeForce 8600GT 256VRAM

That's all

I pretty much just found out that they have Minecraft for the Xbox 360 now. And I am going to save every bit of my money to get a xbox and that game!

Not worth it at all. The console port is just an old version of MC with a limited map size and no ability to upload custom skins. Oh, and of course no mods or texturepacks either. (and it may be just me, but man, the gamepad controls suck hard. I really can't imagine building things without a good old keyboard + mouse pair.)

Hm. I really thought it was going to be better than that. Thanks for letting me know. ^_^

Yoou want a good minecraft clone on the Xbox? Try castle miner Z. It's all about survival. And with an unlimited map.

huh....castleminer Z

If you are not sure about it, you can try it on pc, it's free.

Minecraft is awesome! :D I used to play it until I somehow lost it and I don't have it anymore :( (I have to make a new account and buy it again :/ )

I got it for my xbox just for fun and I haven't played anything since! I have a big imagination so its good for me. I am trying to build a castle like Castle Acorn in the comics but it is taking so long. None of my friends are really online to help me on xbox. Although i will never give up!

Oh my , that's quite the work you are putting there :)

I wish you the best of luck !

Yes. Along with a lot of patience and time :)

Oh my gosh what is taking so long for anvils to come into minecraft! I can't wait to set up a trap for whoever tries to sneak into my house. They will never know what hit 'em. :ph34r:

Edited by Nura