The Darkened Hourglass

1395 posts in this topic

Posted

The unit appeared. Shadow's eyes widened in surprise before returning to their original position. He wasn't particularly surprised. Before him stood his former Commander, roboticised of course. "Hello Shadow" he said in a flat tone. "Hello sir, I can safely say you've seen better days." Shadow then looked at Lien Da. "Was there any point to this? You roboticised my superior, not exactly surprising."

Posted

“Fine, just ignore me then,” muttered Melody slightly huffily. Skye turned round and faced the computer.

Posted

Knuckles looks off at the computer and crosses his arms. "So how exactly are we sappos to work this thing?

Emerald Cannon Secret Location

A warp ring opens as Finitevus steps through. The smirks on his face leave as he is once again frustrated over being ordered around. He walks up to the nearest legionaire and grabs them by the neck tie. "Give me a status report on this thing NOW".

Posted

Freedom HQ

Marcos has entered the disk and blueprints for the main DEL Fortress came on screen as well as information labeled "recovered information on Elias Acorn's project named Project Alicia" Marcos chose to focus on the blue prints. "With this we can plan our escape route after freeing Shadow!" Declared Marcos while Archimedes seemed to be lost inn thought.

"Emerald Cannon" location

"Sir the materials you asked for have arrived" said the Legionaire.

DEL Dungeon

"Yes we robotized him but we also placed a device on him before hand. A switch neuro enhancer so at the push of a button on this here controller and his mind will regain control but he will be loyal to the DEL and want you dead" said Lien Da as she pushed the button.

Posted

"We should also look for a way in Marcos," pointed out Skye, "just in case our plan of just walking through the front doors doesn't work."

"What was that other file about?" asked Melody.

Posted

Freedom HQ

"This still doesn't help us in finding Sonic and Sally, or that council member in the city." Knuckles claims. "We should take the time to split up and search for them now while others stay behind and make sure this blueprint is up and working by the time everything's done."

Emerald Cannon

"Excellent, follow me then" Finitevus says as he drops the legionaire. He walks through the hazard door out of site from Lien-Da cameras. After walking down a long hallway, he enters a wide spread room with a view under a waterfall that overlooks the horizon. He sits down and begins to rant on. "I swear, that child has no idea what she's doing. The day I have the chance to take over again, I will be sure to rule this land and my army with an iron fist." he then looks over to the legionaire. "Of course you will have special treatment my young disciple."

Posted

Shadow sighed. He had become bored with Lien Da's pointless games. He couldn't believe it was taking her that long to make up her mind. Tower just stood there. "Most likely waiting for orders", Shadow thought, as he lay back and his mind drifted off to thoughts of better times. He quickly snapped out of it and addressed Lien Da. "When you're done with your little parade, either give me your answer or something to do to prove my worth. Keeping me here is a waste of our time."

Posted

DEL Dungeon

"Shadow you fail to see where you stand maybe a visual of what you will become may enlighten you" said Lien Da as she left the room. Ten minutes Later two cloaked and chained Mobians were thrown into the cell. One inn a DEL clock and the other in a torn grey cloak. "Unit AT guard the door from outside and lock it" ordered Lien Da as she walked away.

Freedom HQ

"That other file is interesting but not required ye.." said Marcos when suddenly he noticed something different about Dygo as he started to appear as Skye. "D.. Dygo! You are changing form! Wait you are not Dygo who are you!" Questioned the now confused Marcos.

Bean just laughed as he saw no different. Blaze seemed to be losing patience with the group.

Archimedes saw the change too but remained calm.

Posted

"Oh joy, I don't even get my own room. Talk about poor quality accommodation.", Shadow quipped. Tower yelled "SILENCE!" and walked out as the new prisoners sat down. A loud 'click' was heard as the door was locked. "So, who might you two be?" asked Shadow.

Posted

Skye looked at Marcos with a scared look. He’d been through so many changes recently that the idea of any further transformations was disturbing. He took a hard look at his hands and arms, but couldn’t see any changes. His mind still felt the same, the combination of two memories and personalities playing violently against each other.

“Marcos, I… It’s still me. I don’t feel any different, at least since I…” Skye looked around for something to reassure himself, and caught sight of his reflection in an almost mirror perfect panel, still showing the wolf form of Dygo as opposed to the vulpine Skye. For a second or two Skye regarded his reflection looking for any sign of change, his sense of panic still high. Then suddenly it felt like something was being torn from his mind. Skye staggered slightly, then it was over and he was himself again. As he used to be, before another set of memories and feelings had been mixed with his own. But his reflection was still that of a wolf cub, which now was once more unsettling to him. Melody saw his look of distress and walked over to him.

“Skye?” she asked with concern, “are you alright?”

“I-I’m n-not s-sure. I-it’s…” Was it Skye’s imagination, or was his reflection starting to move independently of him. “It’s j-just t-that..” Skye wasn’t able to finish the sentence properly, as some other force began to compel him.

(ooc: Cue the music!)

[media=]

Together We Will…

Skye: This isn’t who I am

Full of anger and regret

Dygo: This isn’t who I am

A coward scared to move

Skye: I know that’s a show

You’re just as scared as me

Dygo: But you’re just a weakling kid

You’ll only hold me back

You’re not a fighter

You’ve got no spine

You’ve lived a sheltered life

Skye: You’re just angry

You don’t mean what you say

Please tell me why

You feel so scared

Why you strike at me

If we keep this up we’ll never save them all

Both: Together we will fall

Dygo: You’ll return to your world

And I’ll be left abandoned

Skye: I won’t leave you behind

I’ll save you if I can

Dygo: You really mean that

You’d take that risk for me

Skye: But we can’t just stand and talk

We’ve got to save the world

Dygo: You do have strength

You’ve proved me wrong

Let’s push our hate aside

Skye: Let our thoughts cross

We’ve got to do this or

Both: Together we will fall

Dygo: When you’re scared, I’ll push you on

Skye: When you’re stuck, I’ll think it through

Dygo: When you fall, I’ll pick you up

Skye: When you’re lost, I’ll show what’s right

Both: But we can’t just stand and talk

We’ve got to save the world

Dygo: You’re a fighter

You have courage

Despite your sheltered life

Skye: It’s not for me

We’ll save the world for us

Dygo: I have dreamed of

A perfect world.

This paradise you’ve known

We’ll restore that world and save all of these lives

Both: Together we will rise

Together we will rise

Together we will rise

The music faded and Skye stood dumbfounded in total confusion. Melody gave her brother a playful punch in the ribs.

“Ha,” she exclaimed, “I knew you two could sing.”

(ooc: Well, I’ve probably let the side down on the song front. If nothing else I’ve dropped the tone from amusing songs to overly heavy. I can only imagine how bizarre this song must have appeared to the characters!

I had the idea to have the Skye and Dygo personalities temporary de-sync so they could talk to each other almost since Skye picked up Dygo’s memories, but with the song version I think the resolution is a little rushed. In normal text it would have probably lasted longer.)

1 person likes this

Posted

Freedom HQ

Knuckles once again stares at everyone in confusion. "I need to keep my guard up before this singing virus gets me too." he thinks to himself.

Finitevus Secret Base

"Thank you Finitevus." Savant, the well-aged Echidna who had followed Finitevus in his goal to conquer (good god, how did I not notice this grammar mistake until now) the world, stands next to his Master and watches out to the back of the waterfall. Finitevus puts his hands together and begins to think. "Lien-da is becoming a pain in my side. I need to dispose of her sooner than planned to take action."

Savant looks at him with a confused expression. "But how will we do so? Our plans before require more time."

Finitevus looks to him and smiles. "It's all part of being ruler my young apprentice. You must be prepared at any moment. Take some time to mediate a bit, I will set things up and retrieve you when the time is right."

Savant nods and walks toward the waterfall. He begins to lift himself and floats into the stream, going into deep meditation.

Posted

DEL Fortress

Lien Da was wandering around when she came across a group of her original Dark Legionaires and began thinking back.

Music began to player

(All brackets are DEL Legionaires)

DEL Legionaires: What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

Lien Da: I was trapped in the twilight cage

Stuck with the Kommisar name

My brother, He tricked me

Too take our father out of the game

While injured my brother took command

After that betrayal I knew Who to trust

I prepared myself for when I played my hand

And leave that traitor in the dust

Now, I am baffled (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

I really don't have a clue (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

What move, should I make next? (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

'Cause this deal can't be true (What will you do? What, what, what, what?

We escaped from our prison zone

To face the new guardian's wrath

Even after our power was shown

He sent us down the losers path

Grandfather Dimitri return to lead us to win

As my brother was taken away

So I tried to take my rightful place

But, Grandfather Dimitri took oved that day

What can I do?

Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

DEL Legionaire: What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what?

What will you do?

What, what, what, what? ?

Lien Da: Now, I am baffled (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

'Cause this deal can't be true (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

After many years I took my rightful place

So I planned to change DL history

Then our final battle was fought

When the Dark Egg Legion attained Victory

I have ruled with a cold smile

But now I felt that kiss

But these new feelings I've gained

Are something I must dismiss

Now, I am baffled (What will you do? What, what, what, what?)

'Cause this deal can't be true (What will you do? What, what, what, what?

The Music stopped and Lien Da snapped out of it. She then began making her way back to Shadow.

DEL Dungeon

The one inn the DEL cloack stood up and took off her hood to reveal Hershey St John.

The other started to stand up as as they did music began to player.

Once full stood up the grey hood fell to reveal Rob O'Hedgie

Rob: You have yet to know where you are

The curse of this dungeon in which we reside

Execution would be a mercy

Compared to what we, endure every single day

Hershey: (Every single day)

Rob: You crave some hostility

Hershey: (Crave some hostility)

Rob: A little violence is better than the exploits of Snively

Rob: Someone save me, save me

This endless torture is demonic

Someone save me, save me

Please Sonic

Both: Someone save me, save me

Rob: Save me from the horror on screen,

Hershey: Causing horrid nightmares

Both: You can't forget what you have seen

Rob: Someone make haste to save me

Hershey: It doesn't matter, if it has only been a day

It gets into your head,

Rob: That horror you can never forget

Hershey: You can never, you can never forget

If you close your eyes, you'll hear the horror show

Rob: And eventually, it will become all you know

Hershey: Become all you know

A different pair with every game

Rob: One video end,

Hershey: Another begins,

Both: But the act is always the same

Someone save me, save me

This endless torture is demonic

Someone save me, save me

Please Sonic

Someone save me, save me

Save me from the horror on screen,

Causing horrid nightmares

You can't forget what you have seen

Someone make haste to save me

The Music began to fade while Hershey and rob fell back onto their knees.

Freedom HQ

"D.. Dygo? No how can this be? What is going on!?" Shouted Marcos

Music started to play

(Inn this song the brackets are Bean Blaze and Knuckles)

(Where has Dygo gone?)

Marcos:Suddenly I don't know why

Dygo's gone and this weird fox is before my eye

Tell me how, Dygo just vanished from here

Tell me he is near

(All I know)

Is everything has changed

And now things are not as Drago arranged

To I remain here on this stupid quest

When I am nothing like the rest

(It’s so unreal)

I just don't know

How I got dragged into this musical show

Someone just tell where to go

How many more times must I live through sorrow

Why does it seem all life wants to do is, tear me apart

Forcing me to dream about the memory of when...

I was so young

And so naive

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Angel island did fall

I lost it all

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Suddenly I don't know why

Dygo's gone and this weird fox is before my eye

Tell me how, Dygo just vanished from here

Some please tell me he is near

Dygo: Even though you don't recognize me

You hwve to remember all our history

Rememer I was your Lupe trainiee

Why has it become like (this)

Things will never be as they were before

But your the big brother who I will always adore

My nose is still as strong as the skunky end

Please believe me, my only friend

Marcos: Why does it seem all life wants to do is, tear me apart

Forcing me to dream about the memory of when...

I was so young

And so naive

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Angel island did fall

I lost it all

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Dygo: Please trust in me

I have told you all I know

Can you see

I am still your little brother Dygo

Marcos: I'll put my trust in you

Push as far as I can go

In all this

And through every battle you know

I was so young

And so naive

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Angel island did fall

I lost it all

But ultimately

My life doesn't matter

Posted

Shadow sighed. "What is up with all this Darn singing? I can't even have my own personal cell it seems. So tell me, how'd you end up here? What use does Lien-Da have for keeping you?"

Posted

Melody was about to make another remark about the singing, when she realised just what Marcos had been saying, a look of horror appearing on her face. Skye grabbed Marcos’ arm.

“Marcos. Your life does matter. Everything we do here matters. You were always telling me not to give up, so don’t you dare do it now. Your life matters to me Marcos.” Skye’s voice wavered between aggressively trying to talk some sense into Marcos, and sorrow filled at the verge of tears.

Posted

Freedom HQ

Knuckles does his best to hold in his defeat to this singing virus. He walks up to Marcos and looks him in the eyes. "As long as your alive, your life has meaning. Right now, we're trying to make this world right again. He may not look like your brother, but it doesn't change the fact that he is. Once this is all over, everything will be back to normal. Until then, we're your family now, and we're not letting you throw your life away." He then walks off outside to try and make a dramatic exit. Once out of sight, he falls over and starts shaking. "I must not let that strange feeling take over me ever again."

Posted

Having waited patiently, Blaze was now growing tired. "Marcos. Your duty is to protect Dygo. As he and Skye are the same your duty has not changed. Your life still has meaning. Now, I hate to remind you all but we are here to right the past and standing around here singing will not help anyone. So let's get moving before we waste more time and doom our worlds, and our friends."

Posted

Freedom HQ

"Archimedes I heard you can connect to the minds of people could you try that with Dygo while I to talk to Knuckles?" Asked Marcos as he made his way towards the exit.

"Pyro Kitty no fun." Said Bean mocking Blaze.

"Alright I will try if he let's me" said Archimedes.

Outside Freedom HQ

"Knuckles is something bothering you?" Asked Marcos as he approached his troubled comrad.

DEL Dungeon

"Get those prisoners out of here" said Lien Da as she entered Shadow's cell. Some legionaires came inn and escourted the other prisoners out of the cell and back to their own. "So Shadow is your deal still on the table?" Asked Lien Da.

Posted

Blaze, Freedom HQ

Blaze chose to ignore Bean. After all there was no point getting worked up over an insane bomb throwing duck. Instead she waited once more, wondering if they were ever going to get things done.

Shadow, DEL Prison

"Of course it's still on the table. I wouldn't want to mess with a woman like you."

Posted

Outside Freedom HQ

Knuckles springs back up and tries to act natural. "Oh, nothing nothing! Just didn't want everyone losing their cool inside so I took a minute to get some fresh air." he laughs a bit, then rebegins to get serious. "Although, I do want to get on the move to find that missing senator, as well as Sonic and Sally. The longer we all stay here together, the bigger chance we may be found out by the D.E.L and once again get caught up in a fight."

Finitevus Secret Base

Finitevus checks through some paperwork on the D.E.L as he tries to formulate a plan. Savant, who was in meditation, suddenly senses something and comes back into the room.

"I sensed a chaos force around the outside of the abandoned Freedom HQ. It felt very strong too." he says as he walks up.

Finitevus looks to him and lets out a wicked laugh. "So the young boy decided to return back to that old destroyed city after all! Your skills are developing well my disciple. You've found a very large thorn in my side that I very much so would like to get rid of."

"Should we inform Lien-da?"

"Not yet.....I have a much better idea at the moment. Come with me." he opens up a warp ring and they both walk through.

Posted

Skye looked at Archimedes.

"Uh, I g-guess you can try and contact me... him...us... Um, whatever the right term is."

"Are you sure about this Skye?" asked Melody.

"I don't think it can make things any worse!" he replied.

Posted

DEL Dungeon

"Unit AT I command you to send out Legionaire troop Five under the command of Unit WS" said Lien Da as he heard Shadow's answer. She turned her back on Shadow and became burried in thought.

Outside Freedom HQ

"Knuckles I heard what Archimedes said about your father and I have been keeping a secret. While the Red Sol Emerald was in Master Drago's hands we did some research on it. With your manipulation of Chaos energy you could use one chaos emerald to make a temporary physical form for your father. If you give him a sol emerald to tap into as soon as he appears that Sol emerald would maintain his physical form for as long as he holds it" said Marcos.

Freedom HQ

"Alright be ready." said Archimedes as he made contact with Skye's mind. "Contact has been made. So let's start by you telling me the first you remember" Thought Archimedes.

Posted

Outside Freedom HQ

Knuckles pauses for a moment, thinking of the situation. "Aren't sol emeralds what Blaze needs to save her world? That would mean putting an entire zone to death, just to bring back my own father."

Posted

Freedom HQ

"First t-thing. Was i-it flying in D-dad's plane ... sound of howling.. or maybe... night-time."

Skye wobbled slightly and with a cry of 'Whoa' fell on his back. He laid spread-eagled on the ground staring at the ceiling.

"T-this is o-odd. You're telling me. How d-did this h-happen. You're the smartass, you work it out. Uh, I g-guess that when A-archimedes made t-telepathic c-contact it strengthened y-your personality. Huh, I think I actually understood that. Y-you understood s-something? Stop being such a smartass. Well y-you're j-just an idiot. Can I ask you something Skye? Uh, s-sure thing. Do you have any idea how WEIRD having two tails is? Heh heh, I n-never though a-about it, but t-then I had t-to get u-used to your s-sharp nose. Huh, ok, I'll give you that." Skye's voice altered between his normal stammering voice, and a stronger but harsher tone.

Melody looked down at her brother.

"Skye, Dygo?" she asked. "Are you okay?"

"I t-think we're fine. Yeah, we're fine Mel. Mel? I'm not as formal as you Skye."

DEL Dungeon

As Lein-da turned he back the air behind her seemed to ripple and the white form of Silver the Hedgehog appeared, facing the other way.

"This is where the paradox originated. I should be in time... to stop..." Silver began to take into his surroundings and turned around. "..it from occurring... or maybe not..." Silver looked more confused than anything at the sight of Lein-da and Shadow. "Shouldn't you two be..." he began.

Posted

DEL Dungeon

Shadow lay back and calmly awaited Lien-Da's decision. Having come this far he didn't want to screw it up by rushing her. When Silver appeared he was shocked. "What the hell is going on here?". Outside, the legionised Tower, unaware of what was happening inside the cell, walked down a corridor to the barracks and relayed Lien Da's orders. Soon the platoon of legionnaires was on the move.

15km outside of the DEL Dungeon

The Tails Doll was moving towards Shadow's signal, still cloaked. Up ahead it noticed the legionnaires moving towards it. Using its nanites to form a blade in its hand, it decloaked. "Finally, some real action. Oh boys! You looking for me?" it said, lunging at the hapless legionnaires, laser firing and blade slashing. As he began his assault their leader ran off in terror.

As the Tails Doll looked around at the bodies strewn across the landscape, it casually wiped the blood from its blade, looking at the fleeing officer. "Run away little piggie, I'll get you in the end."

Posted

DEL Dungeon

A faint buzzing sound was heard and Shadow was released, "Take that hedgehog down and we have a deal Shadow!" Yelled Lien Da as she pointed at Silver.

Outside Freedom HQ

"Blaze's world was destroyed along with the master emerald so the gems have no use until you all return to the past. So borrowing the emerald until you return home shouldn't be an bad request. And the master emerald would be enough to revive your dad in the past so what do any of us have to lose in getting a new ally?" Asked Marcos as he sat down.

Freedom HQ

"How can this be!? The two minds are talking to each other!" Said Archimedes unprepared for that.

Bean started humming the tune from his previous song.

Abandoned Warhouse

Geoffrey was digging through boxes and found what he was looking for. "Soon enough I will restore you to working order!" Said Geoffrey in a rather metallc tone of voice.