The Darkened Hourglass

1395 posts in this topic

Posted

Blaze the Cat, Princess of the Sol world arrived on mobius seeking her precious Sol emeralds when Skye Prower, a young fox from the future appeared before her. She sensed one of the emeralds she was seeking on the other side of the portal Skye came through. Geoffrey St John, Knuckles the Echidna and Shadow the Hedgehog were near by when the young fox appeared so they joined the journey as the five would be treasure hunters traveled 30 years into the future unaware of what they would find. What they found was a planet ruled by the Dark Egg Legion. The group gained a few new allies and many chaos emeralds until original team member Geoffrey St John acted out due to Nanite infection disappearing with the red Chaos Emerald and the newly aquired Sol Emerald. Shortly after that more allies joined the group while their former team mate remained missing. While the group seperated into two parties legionaires attacked and kidnapped Shadow the Hedgehog placing him in prison. The remaining group members gathered together in former freedom fighters base The freedom HQ to finalize their next moves.

Freedom HQ

"Dygo I hear you are good with machines see if you can get the computer working." Said Marcos Wolf.

"Last time I was here Fiona distracted me with a set of Shiny keys then Shadow knocked me out" said Bean the Dynamite.

"Knuckles there is something I should have told you years ago but it has to be in private" said Archimedes The fire Ant

DEL Fortress Dungeon

"You there grant Shadow's wish change the channel to Extreme method TD" said Lien Da Echidna to a legionaire.

Wolf DEL Nation

"My warriors gather before me!" Demanded Drago wolf but remained ignored as all legionaires refused to obey him. At that moment Mina Mongoose walked away from Husband Drago and headed to the legion Fortress.

Posted

"Ah crap I know I'm gonna regret this" said Shadow as he rested his head on the table "I shoulda just kept my mouth shut."

Posted

“I’ll d-do my best,” replied Skye as he started working at the computer, then disappearing underneath to try and fix the power connections.

Meanwhile, Melody looked around the old Headquarters with a disappointed look on her face.

“Dad used to work here? But it seems so… old fashioned,” she commented.

“Okay, I t-think that’s the power fixed,” muttered Skye from underneath the desk as the computer monitors lit up.

Posted

Freedom HQ

Can't be any worse than when Espio and Nicole showed my Dimitri hiding in Mobotropolis. Let's go over here to talk.

DEL Main base

Dr. Finitevus walks around impatiently. His last attempt to capture Shadow, Skye, and that stupid doll, has him frustrated beyond belief. Without consent from Lienda, he cannot return to the field unless he wants to risk betrayal charges. He slams his fist into the wall and begins reviewing current updates. His eyes widen and he drops the data pads when he comes along the file of Shadow being captured and held in the Forest Dungeon. No one had told him. That stupid hedgehog he lost to Dimitri was already being held captive, and hasn't been taken out. Finitevus began to cringe in anger, but then realized something. He calmed himself down and started to begin preparations to go see Shadow. As he walked out, a DEL soldier had spotted him.

"Dr.Finitevus, may I ask where you are heading? I don't recall Lien-da giving out orders yet."

Finitevus stares at him for quite some time, and then lifts him from the neck. "If you were any higher rank of a soldier, you would know it is not wise to question me." He then throws him into a box of crates and opens a warp ring. "Just you wait for me Shadow, I'll see what you're really up to."

Posted

Freedom HQ

Blaze watched as Melody looked around Freedom HQ, sighing to herself, Blaze sat down on the ground. "I never thought I'd say this but, I'm starting to miss Marine." She said as a single tear slid down her face.

1 person likes this

Posted

Freedom HQ

Archimedes teleported himself and Knuckles away from the group. " It is about your father, the day after his sacrifice I heard his voice. It appears because of his noble act of self sacrifice earned him mercy from the master emerald. As his bodywas taken bythe hex the emerald absorbed his soul and he became sealed inside the master emerald like that Tikal girl once was. So your father is within the emerald you protect each day. I delayed telling you this because I feared you would act rshly and shatter the master emerald in attempt to free him." Said Archimedes.

"Dygo any luck getting the computer working?" Asked Marcos.

"HEY LOOKIE HERE!" Yelled Bean as he saw a console with seven emerald slots. "It looks like some kind of generator maybe you out shinies inn it" sad Bean.

Wolf DEL nation

"I am your leader obey me!" Said Drago when a female wolf stepped forward.

"You USED to lead us but being a father made you soft and weak. The old Drago wouldn't have let anyone escape with our emeralds!" Said the Female wolf who took down her hood to reveal Lyco wolf.

Hearing that made Drago realize what he must do and he left the area

DEL Fortress Dungeon

"Shadow enjoy this show hahaha" said the guard as the screen switched to a video of Snively and Regina engaging inn a rather unplesant act. "Ok this time you be Rouge and I'll be Shadow" said Snively on the video as the act continued.

Posted

Shadow's face became a twisted visage of horror and hatred as he saw the images on screen. "WHAT THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY'RE DOING!?" he yelled. "I'm gonna tear them limb from limb. That pathetic worm can't impersonate me, hell he doesn't even meet the Darn height requirement. And that hag is certainly no Rouge.... at this point I envy her. Betrayal and death would be a step up from watching this filth." Shadow turned his head towards the camera in the corner of the room. "Ok Lien-Da you've made your point, you're in total control, I get that. Now are you gonna accept my offer, cos if not, do me a favour and kill me before I do it myself."

Posted

“I think so. The power is back on. I just need to boot it up,” replied Skye to Marcos as he slid into the seat on front of the computer.

Meanwhile, seeing the upset look on Blaze’s face, Melody moved over to try and comfort her.

“Hey. It’s gonna be ok. We’ll get all those Emeralds and then go back in time and save both worlds. Mine and yours. You’ll be back with your friend before you know it.”

(ooc: I really hope that doesn’t turn out to be a twisted prophecy like some of Shadow’s earlier comments….)

Posted

Freedom HQ

Knuckles mouth opens as his mind goes blank. The thoughts rushing through his head overwhelmed him. There was a chance to free his father from his death. But then he remembered. The Master Emerald was destroyed during his time away. He looked to Archimedes with tears filling his eyes. "The Master emeralds gone! Is there any way he could have made it??"

DEL Fortress Dungeon

Dr. Finitevus steps through the warp portal and sees Shadow locked up. He stares for a moment in a blind rage ready to fight, but then he surveys the situation. He walks over to the guard and grabs him by the collar. "What means of torture is this!? Are you trying to kill him before me!?" he bellows loud enough for Shadow to recognize his voice.

Posted

Freedom HQ

"I ... you are right once we retrieve all the emeralds then we can all to home" said Blaze as she got onto her feet.

"HEY! Everyone put your emeralds inn this dohickey and let's see what happens" said Bean.

Blaze chose not to comment but still put her emeralds into two of the slots and step aside.

"Knuckles I still get slight mental readings he isn't lost to us but I don't kow if we can save him. But for now let's see what. That device does when it holds all the emeralds we own" said Archimedes.

"Dygo let me take it from here you and Meldoggy to put your emeralds inn that console" said Marcos as he walked up to the controls.

DEL Dungeon

"Finitevus! I didn't summon you. What are you doing here?" Asked Lien da once she saw him threaten a legionaire.

Posted

“Ok, Marcos,” Skye responded as he slid out of the chair. “The computer should be ready to go now.”

“That’s the spirit Blaze,” Melody grinned, as she and her brother headed towards the machine.

“A-are you s-sure it’s a good idea to p-power this up when w-we don’t know what it d-does?” asked Skye as he slid the yellow emerald into one of the slots.

“C’mon Skye,” retorted Melody, as she put her emerald in the machine. “It’s in Freedom HQ. Of course there’s gonna be nothing bad about this machine.”

Posted

Freedom HQ

Knuckles sits down to think for a second. The possibility of his father being alive is overwhelming. "If he's out there, we have to at least try." Knuckles walks back to the group and places his Chaos Emerald into the console.

DEL Dungeon

Finitevus snaps in humiliation. "You may be the leader of this organization but you do not control me like some puppet! How about you explain to me why a wanted man is in your dungeon and not being tortured so much he wished he died? Or do you have more secrets hidden away that could jeopardize your power and this one slipped out?"

Posted

DEL Dungeon.

"Finitevus Shadow is currently watching Snivley and Regina roleplaying as him and Rouge. He IS wishing he was dead" said Lien da.

Freedom HQ

"All shinies placed! Now let's continue this song and dance!" Declared Bean as he pressed the Console activation button causing a Genesis wave through out the world.

Posted

Shadow lay with a now bored expression on his face. His anger had subsided. He then heard Finitevus and Lien Da and decided to have some fun. "Aww is poor wittle Finitevus having a tantrum?" he said in a mocking tone.

Posted

Dr.Finitevus looks over with chaos energy flowing out his hands. "He's about to dead sooner than he thinks. What is the real meaning of this Lien-Da?"

Posted

“Well, that was pointless,” complained Melody. “All those emeralds for a bright flash”

“Once Marcos is finished with the computer disk I can find out if there’s any info on that machine. See what it was meant to do” said Skye as he retrieved the yellow emerald and tossed the blue emerald back to Melody.

Posted

Freedom HQ

"That was a waste of time. I am never doing what that duck wants again" said a slightly enraged Blaze as she took out her Sol emeralds and the machine shortcircuited. As son as she made contact with the emeralds a large amount of Static energy began to flow into her body as her fur began to stick out. Inn a matter of seconds every single hair on her body was sticking out and she loked like a purple cotton ball.

Archimedes and Marcos tried hard not to laugh but couldn't stop themselves.

"Hahaha look it is a lilac fluffball!" Said Bean as he burst into a laughing fit.

DEL Dungeon

"Finitevus stand down ! Your orders are to prepare the Emerald cannon." Said Lien Da.

Posted

Melody stared at Blaze for a second or two, before doubling up with laughter. Skye dropped his emerald at the sight and stooped to pick it back up, trying not to look at Blaze at all in case he couldn’t hold his laughter in.

Posted

"Emerald cannon? What the heck could she need that for? She controls the whole world."

Posted

Freedom HQ

Knuckles stares at Blaze for a moment and tries not to laugh. "Well there's something you don't see everyday."

DEL Dungeon

Finitevus looks to Shadow and snickers. "With the rest of your little friends running around, we take no exceptions to our power. I'll be back for you once I finish them off." He then opens his warp ring once more and dissapears.

Posted

Freedom HQ

"Shut up Bean!" Yelled Blaze as she fixed her hair and threw a fire ball at him.

Bean just laughed while dodging the fire ball and music started to player.

The following is how all musical moments must be posted use this post by me as an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=1ECkDg7uNr8

Bean's Lesson: You can't beat the best.

Bean: I will admit, your pyro skills were astounding

You're quite unique Short fused Pyro Kitty

Think you can get the best of me,

Here is your shot!

C'mon, Kitty, Show me what you've got!

You try to burn me with your flames

But it is more challenging thinking up names

You say you are blessed

Surely you jest

You can't beat the best

You think this cat's a meanine,

But her fire is weak

Just watch her failing to make me shut my beak

I'm feared in the east and west

You can't beat the best

My bombs make hudreds cower

Including Propeller Butt jr over there

Even the dread head can see I'm unbeatable

I can pull my weight!

So accept the truth before it is too late!

I'm sick of this purring clown

She still tries to hit me,

As I take her fire walls down

So I'll give her a show

And prove this fact

You can't beat the best!

You don't have enough speed to reach my face

Your's claws are as sharp as cotton wool

You firey pest I should have guessed

You can't beat the best

Big Bad boom Boom boom

,Without Mr spiney gloom

Tick Tock Bang

Defeat awaits you and this sorry gang!

You know no matter how high the flames grow!

You can't deliver a single blow!

You seem quite stressed

Need to take a rest

Still want to fight then be my guest

But keep this up and fail the quest

You can't beat the best!

The music ends leaving Blaze speechless with Bean just laughing even more.

DEL Dungein

Lien da enters the room and stands before Shadow as a kiss was made on the video. Seeing the kiss sparked an idea in Lien da and she recreated the same kiss on Shadow. "So about this deal Shadow" said Lien da waiting for his reply.

Posted

“Well, t-that was weird,” said Skye as he crawled out from where he’d taken cover underneath the computer console.

“I liked it. Hey, Bean, how did’ya get the music to play?” Melody asked.

Posted

Knuckles stares at the group wide eyed. "Please don't do that again."

Posted

Shadow enjoyed it while it lasted, but as soon as it ended became worried that she may have just given him some kind of truth drug or hallucinogen as part of the torture. When he realised it was just a kiss, he responded to her. "Well it's best if I start from the to-". At that moment he lost control of his vocal cord, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get a word out. Suddenly, he began to involuntarily song, for reasons no one there understood.

Whichever way this world goes."

Shadow regained control of himself and started to look around, perplexed at not only his sudden outburst, but at the guards acting as Darn backing vocals. "What the hell just happened?"

(OOC I'm well aware this is bloody awful, but I said I'd do a song, so here it is. In hindsight, horrible idea, but what's done is done).

Posted

Freedom HQ

"BEAN!"Yelled Blaze very annoyed.

"Gather round the disk is loading now!" Said Marcos as he entered the disk.

Bean, Blaze and Archimedes did as asked.

DEL Dungeon

"I see Shadow GUARD! Bring us Unit AT!" Demanded Lien Da

"At once!" Replied the guard as he sent the signal to Unit AT who would appear by the door soon.