Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Party Games rules

15 posts in this topic

I am expecting you to read the rules before playing. If you don't follow them, your post will be removed immediately. The first two times count as warnings, but later on you will be banned for a limited amount of time from this section.

Hello guys, and welcome to the Party Games forums. My name is Shadow and I will lead you around and introduce you to the rules.

As of now, everybody is following the rules precisely. However, it could be possible that, in the future, more people are going to join. This will result in a crowed places, eventually turning into a mess. This thread is mostly dedicated for that situation, because I want to have everything under control.

This thread will be split up into several parts. The first post will include the rules used for the whole Sonic SCANF Forums, including this section. Extra rules are added at the same time.

The other posts will contain rules for every seperate game. This topic is closed due to the possibility of more games joining, keeping it a rules only thread.

If you have any question, please visit the Questions and Feedback thread within this Section. Thanks in advance.

These are the rules for the Party Games section. Keep in mind most of these are for the whole forum, but I'm expecting you've read those when you registered to this forum in the first place.

• This forum is English, meaning you have to talk this language. I understand, as English isn't my primary language, that you might have problems with it. At the very least, do your best. Your post does NOT have to be perfect English, but effort into it is well accepted.
  • Put efforts into your posts. Some games may not require this rule, but at the very least, don't make useless posts. For example: ''Lol'' or ''I agree''
  • This rule is for the whole forum. However, it is allowed here. You MAY bump old threads, as they are games.
  • The following rule shouldn't be a suprise to anyone: No cursing, no Flaming, No Sexual Content. Also, we expect from you that you respect people their opinion, and in result will not offend them.
  • You are NOT a moderator. So please, don't act like one. If you find anyone breaking the rules, click the report button or report it to me. Thanks.

Here are the rules for making a thread:

• You can make your own threads, but keep it limited to a maximum of 3.
    • Search the forum first before making a thread. This will avoid double threads, which is unnecessary waste of space.
    • If you are not completely sure if your game is allowed at this forum, or if there is any other problem, please go to the ''Questions and Feedback'' thread or message me.
    • If you'd be so kind, please send the rules of your game to me or put them in the first post. Our opinions on the rules may differ.

Last to Post 3.0 rules:

Name says it all. The last to post, wins. This game basically got no rules, except for the Following:

• Keep it clean (as usual, no sexual or offensive content)
  • Don't spam the thread. Wait for someone to post, then you may post again.
  • While still being a supposingly spam thread, please put some effort in your posts and not just ''I win.''

Role-play Mania v2.0 rules:

This game was the original ''Last to Post''. Unfortunately (Depends on your way of looking at it), due to people beginning to make a story of it, it became a Role-Play thread.

Also, the rules on this game are very strict, because the people who are currently Roleplaying don't want to be interfered while playing as the story has been coming along for several weeks now. Please understand this, I'm hoping for an alternative in the future, but until then, please follow the rules underneath

• By following the rule, people who post in there without permission will have their posts removed. I'm sorry for this, but I can't have it any other way currently. You can get permission from one of the current roleplayers (check the thread for current roleplayers)
  • All the main rules are intact here. No offensive or Sexual content, no Spam etc.

Role-play mania 1 has ended. Role-play mania v2.0 is still going on.

Who am I? Sonic Edition:

To introduce the game, basically everybody knows this game. But to fit it with the Sonic Scanf site, I decided to make it sonic only.

• The character has to be from the sonic universe. This included Comics, TV-shows and the game itself not to forget.
  • You can give as many hints as you like, but everybody wants a little bit of difficulty now, right?
  • Try not to spam the thread and let other people have a chance too. Being active is nice, but don't overdo it.
  • The winner got 48 hours to make a new question, otherwise it's someone else their turn.
  • The winner can pass the question to someone else.
  • This game is turn based. Meaning, you can only play this game by guessing other people their riddles. You can't start yourself unless you answered correctly.
  • Hints can be riddles, faded out pictures or whatever. You get the clue.

RING RING Telephone!:

This is a forum game with the goal to create the most wacky and hilarious phrase you can, but within the constraints.

• You may change one word in a 3 hour period
  • In this 3 hour period you can add, replace or subtract ONE word.
  • Words like "and, I, a, and as" may also be added along with the single word.
  • Try to keep it clean. No Sexual Content etc.

Corrupt a Wish:

This is a forum game with the goal to ruin someone's wish (you mean person).

• Once you ruined a wish, it's your turn. Do not start a new wish before participating.
  • Don't go too extreme. Like, you know, if someone is asking to be invisible and you would say he is removed from all of existence. I dunno, but people might not like it.

Free Play Mania 1.0:

This is a role play thread where godmodding and such is allowed.

• Don't go over the top. For example, blow up everything so people can't exist anymore (hey, sounds familiar)
  • All the role play rules are intact here, with the exception of god modding.
  • All the other rules are intact here.

Pick a theme song for the user above:

Just as the title says. You are able to give the person above you a theme song.

• Those songs can reign from anything. From Opera to Heavy Metal go Game music. Please think about your song choice. Dig into the interests of the above user or something familiar to their avatar? It's your choice.
  • All the other rules are intact here.

Which Sonic character would say this?:

A game where the winner gives you a quote a sonic character made in their history. (The rules are the exact same of Who am I? Sonic Edition. Original right :D?)

• The character has to be from the sonic universe. This included Comics, TV-shows and the game itself not to forget.
  • You can give as many hints as you like, but everybody wants a little bit of difficulty now, right?
  • Try not to spam the thread and let other people have a chance too. Being active is nice, but don't overdo it.
  • The winner got 48 hours to make a new question, otherwise it's someone else their turn.
  • The winner can pass the question to someone else.
  • This game is turn based. Meaning, you can only play this game by guessing other people their riddles. You can't start yourself unless you answered correctly.
  • Hints can be riddles, faded out pictures or whatever. You get the clue.

Ban the user above:

This is a forum game with the goal to banning someone (not literally of course) for one reason or another

• The bans are completely free. You can take inspiration from the user above his profile or post or just something that comes into your head.
  • Don't go too extreme. Like, you know, banning because you don't like him. I dunno, people have feels too.

Guess the next poster:

Title says it all. Your goal in this game is to guess the next poster. Nothing more, nothing less.

• And the best of all: THIS GAME HAS NO RULES! Except for the main rules of course.
  • Buuuttt Locke had to ruin it. Only 1 guess people :3
  • No guessing the person that has posted before you.

Count to 400 before a mod or admin posts:

Another game I came up with. Your goal is to count to 450 before we, the staff, invade the thread. Think you can reach it?

• Don't go hating on us if we ruin your game.
  • Apart from that, the game has no rules. It's up to you if you keep the post to just '1' or put some text behind it
  • I'm evil. And I'm your Lord and Savior. Accept that and we're cool.
  • Players win 1x means +50 post count, players lose 10x means -50 post count. We're not going lower than 150 though. Not higher than 1069650 either.
  • We, the staff, may not interrupt you guys again after 2 days have passed. In return, you need to get to at least 100. If you get to 100, we'll wait another 2 days, and again and again till you make it to the requested number.

Character Interview Island: Ask some questions!

Long story short, the idea here is to ask questions to each other and answer as Sonic (or Mega Man) characters. And not just questions. You can tease them, or even ask (bribe) them to do something (embarrassingly hilarious).

• A limit of 10 questions to be asked per person
  • A limit of 30 questions to be answered by person
  • Try using in case you don't know how HTML color works, but the codes must be in lowercase.
  • In order to color, do this (minus the space, color won't appear in preview post): [ /color]
  • In order to quote, do this (minus the spaces): [qu ote name=XXX][ /quote]

Name a Cartoon or Anime character:

A game made by NMS. The purpose of this game is just to name a character from an anime or cartoon.

• Don't Say The Exact Character The Person Before You Said.
  • Don't Double Post.
  • Don't use Any Other Characters That Haven't Even Made An Appearance In An Anime/Cartoon.
  • Cameos Are Not Counted.

Sonic Titles without Sonic:

A game created by MetalSkulkBane_PL. You know these games that have Sonic in the title, while he's just there because it's a game of his franchise. Exactly. The goal of this game is to replace Sonic with other characters from the Sonic Universe, to create the most wacky games.

• The games are currently restricted to Sonic games only. Though I'm not sure if that's actually the case anymore. Oh well.
    • The characters are also currently restricted to the Sonic universe only. Though I see people using names from the Sonic Scanf forum too so... Oh well.