Ryo_Inazuma

Sonic in the Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS

48 posts in this topic

So we all saw the trailer for the new Super Smash and we saw how megaman has made it to the Smash

but what about sonic? since SEGA and Nintendo have made a partnership will that mean Sonic returns again to the Next super smash bros? what do you all think?

So we all saw the trailer for the new Super Smash and we saw how megaman has made it to the Smash

but what about sonic? since SEGA and Nintendo have made a partnership will that mean Sonic returns again to the Next super smash bros? what do you all think?

I reckon he will be in but Nintendo clearly hates giving attention to their Rivals. Despite sonic and snake being some of the biggest icons in gaming, they were not even on the darn cover and had to be unlocked.

I heard rumors Bayonetta's going to be in it. Bayonetta is a strange but acceptable character for me, but if she is a replacement for Sonic, please just keep her out.

And she isn't really for the audience Nintendo's aiming for if I had to be honest. Sure, Snake wasn't either but Bayonetta goes naked most of the time :s

I heard rumors Bayonetta's going to be in it. Bayonetta is a strange but acceptable character for me, but if she is a replacement for Sonic, please just keep her out.

And she isn't really for the audience Nintendo's aiming for if I had to be honest. Sure, Snake wasn't either but Bayonetta goes naked most of the time :s

who bets that if sonic comes back 1 they will try to hide it (like in brawl) or 2 just give him mario's move set. OK that 2nd one was just a Sonic lost world joke

Ain't really counting on Sonic being in this, but it would be cool if he was, since I like him more then Nintendo's whole roster. If Sonic doesn't make it back, I still have Bowser, Fox, and a few others I was ok with, but I hope Wolf makes it back as well, he was a beast, and the only Nintendo char I liked more then Bowser.

Also, even i Sonic doesn't make it in, there's a fan game that's kinda like a smash clone, but it's really chaotic, fun, and has a huge roster. This was one of the recent videos of the game:

I heard that as well, only from what I understand the rumor was about some character from Platinum Games. If that's true, I think it might be a character from Wonderful 101. Like u said, Bayonetta just really wouldn't fit. Of course, I didn't think Snake would have either, and he turned out just fine.

Both Sonic and Snake were originally supposed to be put in Melee (along with Tails), however due to time-constraints, they had to drop them from the roster. I've also learned (u guys probably already know this) that both Sonic and Snake were some of the first characters out side of the usual ones to be added, due to them barely missing the Melee roster (that's why Snake was unvieled in the very first trailer). However, something happened with Sega where a part of them told Nintendo no on Sonic in Brawl (I forget exactly what happened, but its in the history of Sonic book). Brawl was delayed several times if u remember, but that last delay was due to the fact Sega changed their minds and then wanted Sonic as a character in Brawl. That's the reason he's last on the character select screen, and why he wasnt revealed until later.

Anyway, I have a feeling that he will be announced here soon; I highly doubt MegaMan would be included over Sonic. The only reason I could see that happening is if Nintendo only wants 2 third party characters, and they want to rotate characters from different companies to have some variety. The Smash Bros website is updated daily, and June 23 is the Sonic series 22 anniversary. Plus, every year at the Sonic Boom convention in July Sega makes some announcement or shows something Sonic related. I have a feeling that if he's in SSB, they will show the announcement trailer at Somic Boom.

As far as other third party characters, apparently there's a rumor that during the announcement trailer, there is some hint that Sora from Kingdom Hearts will be in the game. I can't find it myself, but just wondering if anyone else knows about this. Another rumor (gotta love how many of these are coming out now lol) is that Nintendo negotiated with Square to use the character Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (since Square owns any character they created that was first introduced in the game, including Mallow and Geno).

Sorry for rambling, there's just so many rumors. I was shocked at how many people want King K. Rool, and supposedly he's included due to popular demand. Ridley (his form from Other M, which is apparently much smaller and would make it possible for him to be a character) is another rumored character, though I was hoping for Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters.

I'm also hoping for the return of bosses; if there can't be a second character from Sonic, I would love to see Eggman as a boss :D

Just in case sonic not in the next smash bros game I still not mario, link, pikachu, kirby, fox, and mega man to enjoy.

if sonic isn't back in this heads will roll :angry:

1 person likes this

Yeah, it'll be disappointing, but there are so many awesome characters. i mean really; only Nintendo can put a character like the Wii Fit Trainer in Smash Bros, and actually make it work :D They've actually managed to make me like Mega Man and consider buying one of the games on the 3DS VC, just from the MM trailer XD

Of course I REALLY want Sonic in there, but whether he's in there or not, the game's going to be amazing!

I've seen the trailer for the Wii Fit Trainer, and it looked pretty hilarious indeed. And she doesn't look to play that bad either, that Final Smash is surely going to hurt too. The only problem I'm having with her is that she got almost zero personality. I'm not expecting to see character development within the story too. Oh well, guess we've got to wait and see if Nintendo can suprise us.

Hey mang, did you see the video I posted above? You can play as Sonic and other Sega characters in that game, and it's pretty fun. B)

If Sonics not back then I can pick a bunch of characters with no personality JOY.

I think I can vouch for the Starfox crew having some personality, and maybe Meta Knight...... Bowser looks cooler....... and....... you're pretty much right mang. :P

megaman is a good addition to the brothers roster I just hope they don't cut sonic

I think I can vouch for the Starfox crew having some personality,

true. Which is why no new star fox games are coming out. Same with every other nitnendo franchise that had a hint of personality. I want another F zero because it looks so fun to me.

true. Which is why no new star fox games are coming out. Same with every other nitnendo franchise that had a hint of personality. I want another F zero because it looks so fun to me.

??????

So, how do you guys gauge how much personality a character has? Really, you guys only listed characters who could talk. I'll just assume none of you have played Kid Icarus Uprising, as Pit has more dialogue than any other Nintendo character (and Sonic for that matter).

Really, I would consider someone like Kirby having more of a personality than Fox; he just shows it through actions and not words, similar to Sonic before Adventure was released. Even Luigi, especially in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, had quite a bit of personality through expressions and actions. DK is another example of a character who has developed more personality through the years, and expresses it through his physical appearance even.

Mario and Link are examples of characters who the player can actually put themselves in place of, if that makes sense. Part of their character through the years has been their silence and the fact that they simply do what is right and defeat evil. Mario's overall appearence and drive is what gives him personality, in place of dialogue, it's simply not needed. Plus, characters like Bowser, Luigi and even the Toad Brigade provide the personality for a game like Galaxy. Even with Link, Nintendo has expanded on his character; in Skyward Sword, the player chose Link's responses during some dialogue sequences, and the way that character reacted to Link was dependent on the player's choice. It didn't affect Link's personality throughout the game like Sonic in Sonic Chronicles, but again, nothing more was needed in a Zelda game. For these characters, there's a certain appeal to them just being the type of character they've been for years.

So if you think about it, Nintendo just has a good variety between their characters; ranging from Mario and Link who are just heroes that the player can put themselves in place of, all the way to Pit who is constantly talking and is in a universe filled with colorful protagonists and antagonists with tons of dialogue.

It's just an opinion, but Nintendo just has it right IMO. And unfortunately games like F-zero and Star Fox havent seen new installments due to mere circumstance. If memory serves me right, Metroid and Kirby went through a dry spell a while back. There were no Metroid games on the N64, and outside of Kirby Air Ride, Kirby saw a large gap between Crystal Shards and the next proper console game, Epic Yarn (if you don't count that, then not until Return to Dreamland). It took 10 years for Nintendo to make a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, regardless of how many fans wanted a new installment. Nintendo has so many series that are hugely popular, we just have to be patient as they seem to cycle. F-Zero saw 2 installments on GBA, and 2 console games between X on N64 and GX on GameCube (plus the arcade F-Zero). For Fox, there was the awesome 64 for obviously the N64, Adventure and Assault on GameCube, and the unfortunate Command on DS. Speaking of which, Star Fox needs a bit of help after Command for the DS. Once Retro is done with DK (which after they did a Metroid Prime trilogy, I wouldn't doubt them making another title after Tropical Freeze), they would be the perfect company to bring him back. What they did with Metroid and how they brought back DK is amazing, and giving Fox that treatment would be great!

??????

So, how do you guys gauge how much personality a character has? Really, you guys only listed characters who could talk. I'll just assume none of you have played Kid Icarus Uprising, as Pit has more dialogue than any other Nintendo character (and Sonic for that matter).

Really, I would consider someone like Kirby having more of a personality than Fox; he just shows it through actions and not words, similar to Sonic before Adventure was released. Even Luigi, especially in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, had quite a bit of personality through expressions and actions. DK is another example of a character who has developed more personality through the years, and expresses it through his physical appearance even.

Mario and Link are examples of characters who the player can actually put themselves in place of, if that makes sense. Part of their character through the years has been their silence and the fact that they simply do what is right and defeat evil. Mario's overall appearence and drive is what gives him personality, in place of dialogue, it's simply not needed. Plus, characters like Bowser, Luigi and even the Toad Brigade provide the personality for a game like Galaxy. Even with Link, Nintendo has expanded on his character; in Skyward Sword, the player chose Link's responses during some dialogue sequences, and the way that character reacted to Link was dependent on the player's choice. It didn't affect Link's personality throughout the game like Sonic in Sonic Chronicles, but again, nothing more was needed in a Zelda game. For these characters, there's a certain appeal to them just being the type of character they've been for years.

So if you think about it, Nintendo just has a good variety between their characters; ranging from Mario and Link who are just heroes that the player can put themselves in place of, all the way to Pit who is constantly talking and is in a universe filled with colorful protagonists and antagonists with tons of dialogue.

It's just an opinion, but Nintendo just has it right IMO. And unfortunately games like F-zero and Star Fox havent seen new installments due to mere circumstance. If memory serves me right, Metroid and Kirby went through a dry spell a while back. There were no Metroid games on the N64, and outside of Kirby Air Ride, Kirby saw a large gap between Crystal Shards and the next proper console game, Epic Yarn (if you don't count that, then not until Return to Dreamland). It took 10 years for Nintendo to make a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, regardless of how many fans wanted a new installment. Nintendo has so many series that are hugely popular, we just have to be patient as they seem to cycle. F-Zero saw 2 installments on GBA, and 2 console games between X on N64 and GX on GameCube (plus the arcade F-Zero). For Fox, there was the awesome 64 for obviously the N64, Adventure and Assault on GameCube, and the unfortunate Command on DS. Speaking of which, Star Fox needs a bit of help after Command for the DS. Once Retro is done with DK (which after they did a Metroid Prime trilogy, I wouldn't doubt them making another title after Tropical Freeze), they would be the perfect company to bring him back. What they did with Metroid and how they brought back DK is amazing, and giving Fox that treatment would be great!

uh Sonic has way more dialogue than pit

i've played kid icarus uprising and still sonic has way more dialogue don't state something without the grounds to back it just sayain

uh Sonic has way more dialogue than pit

i've played kid icarus uprising and still sonic has way more dialogue don't state something without the grounds to back it just sayain

Really? The characters are constantly talking throughout the course of every single level, boss and cut-scene in the entire game, whereas Sonic games mainly have dialogue only in cut-scenes, with it used sparingly during levels (depending on the game). If you're comparing Uprising (which is a hand-held game) to a game like Unleashed (a full console game for HD consoles), you have a point, due to the fact Uprising is a bit shorter as it's a game for a hand-held. Plus, the longer you would go through a level or boss, the more the characters would talk. And the dialogue would change when re-playing levels. Perhaps you sped through the levels or did not re-play levels? In that case, I would give you the same advice to not state something without the grounds to back it. Just sayain...er, I mean, saying. I'm glad that was all you had to say from everything I typed.

I will say that (while this is definitely just my opinion and in no way a fact) the quality of the dialogue is top-notch in Uprising compared to Sonic games. In terms of dialogue, the Sonic series has had a bit of a roller-coaster ride, ranging from enjoyable to down-right terrible (see Sonic Heroes and the line "we'll show this creep the real super-power of teamwork!". As well as the ending line, "'cause we're Sonic Heroes!", followed by a freeze-frame).

Kid Icarus is the aception to the rule. I think I'm going to get this smash though. I have a 3DS and I liked brawl so why not :D

can i find Frieza in it?

however i never played smash bros. but i liked to play it.

can i find Frieza in it?

Sorry but frieza will not appear unless Nintendo have the right to add him to smash brothers.

Sorry but frieza will not appear unless Nintendo have the right to add him to smash brothers.

Who is "Frieza"???