The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Hope sighed and looked at her PDA, tapping a few things on screen before turning to Shadow.

"I might as well get back to work then. No point just standing around here."

"That's a fair point. Come on," he said before Chaos Controlling to the lab. Hope walked over to a series of diagrams and equations she'd drawn up on a whiteboard, getting straight back into her work.

"I'm working on a form of laser, with potentially more penetrating power than the standard infantry rifle we use, and also without the issue of reloading which should help with logistics. The only problem so far is the battery. I need something both small and highly efficient to minimise bulk and having to swap them out in the field."

"Don't worry, you'll get it eventually Hope."

"The infirmary is just over here," said Skye, showing the way.

Dylan followed Skye, still holding Locke

"Here we go Dylan. In here," said Skye as he entered the infirmary.

-------

"Okay Anna, follow me," said Melody. "I'll show you the way," she called.

'Sorry Hope, but I gotta look after Dad', she thought as she started to run.

Dylan followed Skye in and placed him down on a bed

"I wonder if any of the other guardians are around here. Perhaps they could help"

"They.. there should be," said Skye. "There's quite a few of them." He headed to the intercom and activated it. "Hello? Anyone there? Dad's... Dad's sick and needs help."

Fortunaly for skye , sabre was on duty at that time ."who is sick you say?"He answers immediatly ." By aurora... I'm coming immediatly !" He leave the control room and speed up to the infirmary."Where is Locke?"

"Of course, forgive my hasty actions." Knuckles apologizes. He looks off the edge of the island and locates the Cocoa Islands.

"We can head over to there. No reason to waste energy and teleport."

Astraea nods, however Kali looks a little confused.

"Uhm, besides the fact that Chaos can travel through water, I'm the only one who can't fly." he speaks out.

"Want me to carry you then cry baby?" Astraea says slyly. Kali looks over to her with a grumpy expression.

"I'll wait for the island to go over head and drop down, I could use some time to become one with the Master Emerald and nature here."

Knuckles nods to him as he looks to the rest of the group. "Well, let's head down and prepare ourselves then."

"Here" Dylan pointed to where Locke was lying

"Oh bloody hell...." started Sabre."How as he been in this state?"

Spectre look at Knuckles."You go first. I have something to finish here before joining you all."

Knuckles nods as him, Astraea, and Chaos all jump off the edge of the island to their next destination. Kali waits for a moment as the all depart and then looks to Spectre.

"So you know he's up here as well?" he says in a serious tone.

"Five, maybe ten minutes" answered Skye, as the infirmary door burst open as Melody and Anna arrived.

"Indeed." Said spectre, looking in the distance."Now, to let him come to us...."

-----------------------------------------------

"That's not good...That's not good at all."Said Sabre, looking at locke's reading."Anything suspiscious before he lost consciousness ?"

The children glanced at each other.

"We... we were... Dad was trying to talk Anna out of a ritual to remove some of her powers," said Skye, as Anna studied her feet.

"I wasn't there at the time" Dylan turned to the others

"Did any of you three notice anything?"

"No. We didn't notice anything," said Melody.

"He is more cunning than that this time around." Kali says looking towards the center of Angel Island. "He must be here for some kind of talk, but has a back up in case things get violent. Is there any large bodies of water nearby?"

"Appart from the sea, Nothing really serious." Said Spectre."Now, if he wants to talk, that means he got something to bargain with...."

--------------------------------------------

"Ritual...Magic...."Started Sabre..."Locke always had a different connection than us to the master emerald, as he share almost the same powers as knuckles. Exept less powerful....Chances are someone tempered with this connection... Unless he exhausted himself completely for one reason or another..."

"There was a battle this morning. Some kind of invading army... Should we check the Master Emerald?" asked Skye.

"Indeed that may be so." Kali says as he notices the waterfall going off the side of the island.

"There is a river over there, isn't there?" he asks pointing in the direction.

"Even if it's nothing to do with the master emerald, it couldn't hurt to check"

"There is no need for that."Said sabre."Spectre is currently next to it. And if the master emerald was at fault, locke wouldn't be the only one falling ill..."

------------------------

"Yes, but it's quite far away...." Said Spectre.

"Then we better get a move on." Kali says as he steps off the shrine and enhances his legs. He crouches down and then jumps off with tremendous power, breaking the ground under him slightly.

"Then... then what's causing this?" asked Skye