The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"It involve chao powers. it involve me."Said Locke."It involve my familly, It involve me as well Shadow. She is acting...differently than usual Shadow. While these powers were recovered in discutable ways.... these are hers . If she wants to get rid of them, She'll have to give me A good reason."

"I.. I thought I had..." replied Anna. "I... I do like having these powers. But the way I got them was wrong. And... it makes me feel guilty having them and... and..." her voice got smaller, "I don't think Shadow will really like me until I get rid of what I stole. I want everyone to like me."

"Anna..."said Locke."I want you to understand something. No matter How hard you try, you'll never be liked by everyone. Just be sure to be loved by those really counting for your, and above all, yourself."

"But... but I have to be... I have to be liked by everyone," said Anna, rubbing her hands together.

"Before you go any further in your control freak act, could you at least have the common decency to CALL ME BY MY NAME! I'm Hope, not Shadow, Shadow is over there. He's a hedgehog, I'm a human. It's not difficult," said Hope angrily.

Melody step forward next to Hope.

"Hope. Calm down please. Getting angry won't help matters. We already know that, remember?" said Melody, trying to calm Hope down.

"And Anna," she continued, "what's this about 'having' to be liked? You know that's not possible."

"It... it has to be," said Anna. "Like I used to feel about gaining more powers. I can't... I can't stand the thought of someone not liking me now."

Anna you can't be liked by everyone I love being liked but I have two different people trying to kill me and they have two separate armies. And I'm sure shadow likes you because your a kind hearted lovable person stuff that has happened in the past doesn't matter it's what happens now so believe and everybody else here your a lovable and he'll of a good friend and person in general!!!

"Hope."Said Locke."I was reffering to shadow , by naming him by his name. because, you now, he is right here. and for the little error not so long ago.... How would you react when everything is being thrown in your face like that ? Mistakes happen, some more graves than others... it was one of them."

he sighed, starting to show how tired he actually was."Anna, you can't just be liked by everyone. it's not possible. Because everyone is different. Being loved by those who count for you is already something , you know?"

"I... I know that I can't be like by everyone. That the people here are the ones who count.... But... Somehow... I have to try... I have to...." stammered Anna.

"Like you used to feel about gaining powers..." murmured Skye. "Oh god. Anna.... When did that drive to acquire new power start?" he asked.

"Start?... I think... just after I got my speed I... wanted...more... Wait." Anna's mouth dropped open. "That was it, wasn't it? That was the side effect of the power spell, wasn't it?"

"I think so," said Skye nodding. "And now, when your personality changed, it got warped too."

"Oh dear...."said Locke."The whole situation is slowly getting out of my grasp...Will I ever be able to get it back in control before something else happen?"

"You were never in control in the first place. The sooner you accept that the better," said Shadow.

Melody looked between Anna and Skye. The wheels were beginning to turn in her mind. She walked over to Skye and placed a hand on his shoulder. Skye turned to look at her, and she indicated with her head that the two of them should walk away from the group for a moment. Skye looked confused, but followed her.

"So is there any way to... fix me...?" asked Anna. "Get rid of this... effect?"

"I never wanted to be either Shadow."said Locke dryly."But they are my children, And If I can't even keep them safe....." He sighed once again, his eyes redder than usual.

"Safe? You're acitng as if they're doing something recklessly dangerous. Can you not get it through your thick skull that as Skye clearly stated, the risks, if they do go through with the ritual at all, are very minor. Can you not listen to the expert for once rather than acting as if they're jumping off a cliff?" asked Shadow, annoyed with Locke's melodrama.

Anna looked around, unsure who to turn to as Skye and Melody had walked off and Locke and Shadow were arguing. She slumped slightly in her chair.

Melody kept pushing Skye along until she thought they were out of earshot.

"Melody, what are you...?" began Skye.

"Skye I... I've just realised something. I... I don't think we can blame Mother and Father for our upbringing," said Melody in a hushed voice.

"We... That's crazy Melody. How the @&%$£ do..."

"Will you SHUT UP and listen to me," interrupted Melody. "Mother was driven by her lust for more powers, right? And she got that drive from the Power ritual, right?"

"Well, yeah. It looks that way. But..."

"And then there's Father. And if what Anna said makes sense, for that ritual he gave up his memories of his parents. His HAPPY memories. So when he became a Father..."

"Are you... Did he.... Are you saying that ritual made him not know how to act as a Father. That this one ritual caused all of our families misery?"

"You know what Moebius magic is like Skye. It tries to corrupt and warp the intent. If Miles gave Mina powers because he loved her, is it any wonder the magic used in the ritual would try and distort that aim."

"That's...So messed up ."Said Glen."So freaking messed up."

----------------------------

"Shadow, I'm In no mood for the usual workup of the day." Said Locke"I DON'T TELL YOU HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THOSE YOU LOVE. So you don''t tell me how to take care of those dear to me. Do not forget that you have as much flaws an anyone else here." Locke winced. He really wasn't feling well...

Both Skye and Melody jumped when Glen spoke.

"You.. you were listening?" asked Melody with shock. Skye slumped down on the ground.

Anna stood up and started walking away from the cafe.

"Yes I was.... But not that I wanted ,I just hear everything around me...Wether I like it or not."Said Glen Sadly, before he saw anna leave."That's not good."You two better stay here, I got something to take care of..." Glen then set off to follow Anna.

-------------------------------------

Locke wasn't feeling good."Now, where is Anna?" He looked around."Where is she? She was there just a second ago." His vision was getting blurrier...

Melody sat down next to Skye.

"Skye?" she asked her brother. He just seemed to be staring off into the middle distance.

"Was I wrong...? All this time..? Was it not his fault...?"

-------------

Anna hadn't gone far from the cafe. She was sitting on the edge of the beach, letting the waves lap against her feet.

Back at the hotel, Dylan came out of his room

"I've just been working on my teleporter and..." Dylan then noticed no one was around

"Great" he said to himself as he made his way out the door

Knuckles thought for a moment. "Well we have two options. We can either remove the Master Emerald from its shrine and dropped the island in the ocean for a bit, or we can head to the Cocoa Islands. Both of which have a volcano and forest that you two can use to boost your abilities."

Astraea and Kali nod as Knuckles then turns to Spectre.

"If we work together, we can teleport the island onto the sea rather than wait for it to descend and crash, or you can just take us to the islands now."

Glen sat down next to her."How is it going?"

---------------------------

Eventually , Locke's bad health got the better of him, and he lost consciousness, falling from his chair.

-------------------------

"Let's be clear : Nothing will happen to the master emerald or the island." Said Spectre."If you all remember, there are people living on it, INCLUDING OUR FAMILIES, KNUCKLES.So, cocoa island will be a better option."

Melody looked around and saw Locke falling off his chair. With a shocked cry of 'DAD!' she ran to his side. The shout also seemed to knock Skye out of his stupor, and he also hurried over.

----------

"I'm... This might sound a little silly, but I'm not sure who I am anymore. With all these things that have been warping my mind I..." her words broke off when she heard Melody's cry.

Dylan was looking around to see if he could find the others. Then he heard Melody's cry and rushed towards where he heard it

Internally, Zamy groaned. If this guy was going to collapse when he didn't get his way, he stood no chance of dealing with the three Moebian children. None theless she headed over to see if he was ok.

Crowley disappeared off back to the hotel, deciding to have no part in things.

Hope wandered over to Shadow.

"I'm so glad humans don't have to deal with things like this," she whispered: he simply nodded in agreement.