The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Well, uh, I was, uh, thinking me," confessed Anna. "Swap my Chaos powers for another one. But I suppose it could work with someone else."

"Anna, you don't understand." Said Locke."You cannot choose what you are going to sacrifice in this kind of ritual. Beside, Shadows already know you are sorry. he wouldn't want you to risk your life for something like that."Said Locke.

----------------------------------------

"You shouldn't."Said Glen."Beside, Your father as you knew him is gone now."

"I suppose he is now. I wonder who will be in his place," Skye pondered. His ears pricked up. "Actually Dad, if I read the spell properly, you can. It's tricky, but you can."

"And Shadow might know I'm sorry, but I don't think he'll ever fully forgive me unless I at least try to do this."

"I get the feeling Shadow should be here for this," Melody said to Hope.

"Shadow isn't one to keeps grudge on someone truly willing to ask for his forgiveness. But if you keep on risking your life on senseless and life-threatening ritual like that, He, just like me would get a bit upset. We didn't got you there with us only for you to die horribly...And that's in the best outcome." Locke looked genuinely upset.

----------------------

"Don't play a part in it kid. In fact, you'd be better off sitting this one out." Said Glen.

"If Anna goes though with this, I'm likely the one doing the ritual, so I might not be able to sit it out," replied Skye to Glen.

--------------

Melody nodded and sped off the hotel. "Shadow? You here? Anna might be deciding on doing something really stupid for you!"

--------------

"I... I won't die horribly. This could work Dad. I don't know if Shadow will like me until I do this. I want him to like me. I want everyone to like me!"

Melody quickly explained to Shadow everything that Anna and the rest of them had said about spells and rituals.

"Anna..."started Locke."I don't know how Shadow Thinks, But I'm sure of one thing : He likes you. if he didn't like you a bit, he wouldn't have done all the things he did recently."

--------------------

"Who knows, Maybe it might not even happen." Said Glen.

"I see. So she wants to do a ritual to get rid of her chaos powers in an effort to appease me. May as well make an appearence," he said before using chaos control to get him and Melody to the group.

"Only one way to..." began Skye and Shadow appeared, "...find out... I guess we'll know soon."

"I know he does like me, but..." Anna looked up when Shadow appeared. "Uh, Shadow... did... did Melody tell you?"

"Ain't not much we can do now."Said glen."Appart from waiting ."

------------

locke waited and hoped shadow would give enough sense to anna for her to stop.

"Yes she did. Like I said before. If the ritual isn't that risky then by all means do it. If it is, it might be safer not to. Skye's the expert on this."

"Well Skye?" asked Anna. Skye gulped and sat down.

"Uh, well. Any ritual or spell to remove your Chaos Powers will be safe, but there is a chance it might remove your speed. Maybe.... 50/50 I'd guess. The one to gain a new powers, well, you suggested sacrificing your Chaos Powers.... If part of you wants to keep them, that should work, but there is a small chance of a side effect. For example, I think when you got your speed it also made you slightly hyperactive," explained Skye.

Locke sighed"Why can't people be happy with what they have ? Chao welder are rare enough as it is , and the guardians could use a hand.... Beside , do you happen to know many people With your luck Anna ? Don't do that on the behalf of something that isn't entirely sure. It's not like you were turning into a vampire."Really , he had enough of this. He could handle skye. He could handle red and Melody. After all, they all had goid reason for giving up what they had. but anna ? No, she didn't .

"I... I don't think I'd ever be much use to the Guardians. And I'm not happy with what I did to gain these powers. I... I know I'm lucky... but..." she glanced at Shadow.

Hey skye what if we both try the ritual could that possibly lessen the chance of losing her speed

"Hmm, that might work," said Skye thoughtfully. "If one of us was performing the ritual, and the other was working on the, for want of a better word, targeting. You've got speed and Chaos powers as well? So it would make sense if you did the targeting. You know what those powers are like.

Yes it surely could work but its what Anna wants so would be okay if I helped with that?

Locke had enough of this."People. There won't be any ritual."

"Well we'll.." Skye began to say to Spark before being cut off by Locke.

"But... but Dad..." began Anna

"anna , there won't be any ritual."Simply repeated locke."You are going to put your life in danger and everything that makes who you are , because of an unfounded idea. I cannot allow that. You are my daughter. I cannot let you destroy your image in the name of someone else."

"I'm... I'm not putting who I am on the line... I'm trying to avoid that. But these Chaos Powers are not part of who I am. I stole them. I don't deserve them," said Anna to Locke

"From how Skye's described it you suggesting it's somehow life endangering is both melodramatic and flying in the face of the facts. Skye is far more knowledgeable on this subject than you Locke. More knowledgeable than any of us in fact. At the end of the day, this is Anna's choice. Not yours, or anyone elses" said Hope to Locke.