21 posts in this topic

A large amount of Sonic fans like this, so why not?

Anyways, Kingdom Hearts III is going to release some time from now. According to what I've heard, Sora and pals Donald and Goofy are once again traveling across iconic Disney-based worlds and protecting them from the Heartless and other dwellers of darkness, while also searching for a "Key to Return Hearts" that can help them save those who have been lost to darkness or slumber.

Meanwhile, the villainous Xehanort, who belives that an overabundance of light prevents of the universe from having an equal balance of light and darkness, strives to gather thirteen vessels of darkness to clash with seven lights and create a gateway which will lead him to the ultimate power of Kingdom Hearts, which he will use to create the cosmos in his image.

Meanwhile still, King Mickey and Riku search for veteran Keyblade wielders to stop Xehanort and his malicious ambitions.

Coming to the PS4 and Xbox One. I don't have either but I'm interested in buying. Actually, I got a PS4 about a year ago, so I'm equipped.

Oh, and Big Hero 6 is in the game. You can all die happy now.

As of now, I have:

-Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMix (PS3)

-Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

-Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prolouge (PS4)

I'll let the discussion start before I say anything else.

By the way...

NOBODY FAILS TO SHOW UP IN A BIG-BUDGET CROSSOVER VIDEO GAME SERIES LIKE GASTON!

Edited by BlueBlur62391
Some outdated info

Oh my god why hasn't this been a thing before?! I LOVE these games! (I have KH HD II.5 ReMix too and KH HD I.5 ReMix also the original versions of Kingdom Hearts I and II) Also I heard that KH III will have Big Hero 6 in it!! I am so excited!! Baymax is coming back!!! All the feels!! (and gotta love that Gaston reference)

'Kay, guys. I've been a KH fan for about five years (as of the last edit here) and I've researched a LOT about the series through fansites and videos. You can trust me with answering any questions you have about the series' convoluted story. For starters, here is the chronology.

-Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ/Back Cover (occurs centuries prior to the original Kingdom Hearts, the former is a storybook-like interpretation and the latter acts somewhat like a prologue as well)

-Kingdom Hearts: Union X (takes place immediately after Unchained χ)

-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (takes place ten years before the original Kingdom Hearts)

-Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep–A fragmentary passage (flashback events told take begin some time after Birth by Sleep and exist parallel to the original Kingdom Hearts)

-The original Kingdom Hearts

-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (continues from directly after the original Kingdom Hearts, exists parallel to 358/2 Days)

-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (begins during the final act of the original Kingdom Hearts and ends roughly a year afterwards)

-Kingdom Hearts II (takes place a year after the original Kingdom Hearts, continues from directly after 358/2 Days ended)

-Kingdom Hearts re:coded (takes place a year after Kingdom Hearts II)

-Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (takes place very soon after re:coded)

-Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep–A fragmentary passage (non-flashback scenes take place immediately after Dream Drop Distance)

-Kingdom Hearts III (NOT YET RELEASED) (takes place immediately after the non-flashback scenes in 0.2: Birth by Sleep–A Fragmentary Passage)

Ask me any questions you have and I'll gladly try to answer them.

(Edited on May 26th, 2017)

Edited by BlueBlur62391
Updating this as well. (Again.)

Kingdom Hearts 3 takes place immediately after Kingdom Hearts 3Ds.

Big Hero 6? That would be very awesome. I'm surprised Square got it licensed already considering how recent that show was.

The only Kingdom Heart I ever completed was Kingdom Heart 2, though. I'll get PS4 later, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I might get it to since I have an Xbox One. It'll be one of the games on my list. 

And Baymax is in it so I'll be happy!

Kingdom Hearts III is the only reason I wanted Playstation 4 anyway! (also thank you for the list though I already figured out about the half of it :3 I'm smarty pants~ *Spongebob face* ) Also not that I want to rant or anything but... why can't Darkwing Duck's world be in KH? It would be so awesome.. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 takes place immediately after Kingdom Hearts 3Ds.

I disbelived it at first, but now that I've thought about how it would work, I'll edit that in.

Kingdom Hearts III is the only reason I wanted Playstation 4 anyway! (also thank you for the list though I already figured out about the half of it :3 I'm smarty pants~ *Spongebob face* ) Also not that I want to rant or anything but... why can't Darkwing Duck's world be in KH? It would be so awesome.. 

There's been a lot of requests to put St. Canard in KHIII, so I wouldn't be surprised if the development team gives a thumbs-up and it gets revealed sometime later. Excited, maybe, but not surprised.

I do so hope they'd put St.Canard in KHIII it would be so awesome! (also part of the childhood would come back xD) 

I've edited the chronology to compensate for 2.8. Take a look.

So I was able to finish 2.8. My thoughts (spoiler-free) are below.

Dream Drop Distance:

• Virtually the same as the 3DS version
  • Controls well and runs at 60FPS during gameplay
  • Felt better when using the PS Vita's Remote Play feature despite the framerate drop

Back Cover:

• Better organized than the previous two cutscene films despite having a similar format
  • The visuals give an occasional "plastic" quality at times to characters, but are beautiful nonetheless, thanks to the Unreal Engine 4
  • The story is only decent but the script is pretty good
  • The Master of Masters is the best character of the story—Ray Chase does a spectacular voice, and nearly everything he says is so dry-witted that it becomes hilarious
  • Compared to 358/2 Days, however, it was shorter
  • The acting is nothing spectacular, just on par with the rest of the series

0.2: Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-:

• This playable episode acts mostly as a test/demo for Kingdom Hearts III
  • The gameplay is mostly similar to that of Kingdom Hearts II with hints of the original Birth by Sleep, with the Command Menu, the rechargeable MP Gauge and the Focus Gauge
  • "Situation Commands" replace both the Reaction Commands and Command Styles, yet behave more like the latter; a chain of combos will eventually activate the Situation Command as either a Command Style or fourth tier "-aja" spell depending on whether the style is primarily attack- or magic-based.
  • Enemies (and AI overall) are smarter and have more unpredictable attack patterns–mashing X to win won't work as well anymore, so use all the skills you have available
  • Aqua has an idle animation and picks up speed as she runs
  • They finally fixed Mickey's face, thank god
  • Doesn't seem to work as well on Remote Play as games like Final Fantasy XV—I noticed glitching even when there was no obstruction
  • You start at LV 50 but even the weakest enemies give hundreds of EXP points

If you actually want me to do a spoilerific story recap, just let me know.

Well I recently got into the franchise due to me being a Disney Fan. I've only played one final fantasy game which was the tenth don't think I ever completed it. Worlds I wanna see in the next game...Darkwing Duck being my main. I would also like to see some of the lesser known/Underrated Disney priorities make an appearance one way or another. Like the Three Caballeros (we already got Donald.) And Robin Hood just to name a couple. Now to keen on Marvel/Star Wars making any appearance but if I had to pick I would say Spiderman due to his lightheadedness and lousy jokes. I don't want frozen or to go back to Alantica...

1 person likes this

Well I recently got into the franchise due to me being a Disney Fan. I've only played one final fantasy game which was the tenth don't think I ever completed it. Worlds I wanna see in the next game...Darkwing Duck being my main. I would also like to see some of the lesser known/Underrated Disney priorities make an appearance one way or another. Like the Three Caballeros (we already got Donald.) And Robin Hood just to name a couple. Now to keen on Marvel/Star Wars making any appearance but if I had to pick I would say Spiderman due to his lightheadedness and lousy jokes. I don't want frozen or to go back to Alantica...

Sadly we know that Tangled and Frozen are in KH3.

You and me both dude! Darkwing Duck world is A MUST. Also I'd be happy if Atlantis The Lost Empire, or The Great Mouse Detective was in it.. or heck Pocahontas would be cool too. Imagine battling Heartlesses while "the colors of the wind" surround you o_o 

1 person likes this

I already knew about Hercules and got story. But hero 6 is also in the game.

Toy Story is also confirmed to be in it too. Creepypasta may have a new thing to write about... Toy Sora. <.<

I really like the graphic. It's like the player can walk around in the actual movie.

Both of those are old news to me. I have been supporting KH since it was created and I even once tried to write in that universe. I am sure when we get KH3 we will be on the edge of our seats.