Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Jest

ANNOUNCEMENT! Cheery, Mods, and Something New.

Regarding the 3rd update...   8 votes

1. 1. Should I make this new RPing area?

• Sure. I find it quite interesting, so sign me up. (Yes)
    • Well, It does sound like a good experiment, but I'll wait on joining until I see more. (Maybe)
    • Sorry, but I'm just not interested in this thing. (No)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

First off, The poll you see above your heads right now involves the third part of this announcement. So I suggest reading that before making your decision.

--------------

Alright, so after about a week or so of contemplating and talking with the others. I have three Announcements to make:

First off, the important stuff: Our resident mod, Cheery, aka Shadow, has been with us for a long while now. He hasn't exactly been a perfect staffer, but then again, I don't think any of us could be considered perfect.

I don't know how to say this, so I'll say it out right:

...As of this moment, Cheery will no longer be a Moderator of Sonic Scanf.

...Instead, he shall take that blue banner...

...And paint it red. :)

Yes, that's right. While cheery has had the blue banner of Moderator for a while now, in the shadows he has always been an unofficial Red-banner, having had access to Admin permission for a while now. So technically it's not a promotion; he always had the Admin power, but now he has the badge to match.

So with that said, Cheery is now, officially, an Administrator of Sonic Scanf.

-----------------------------

But now that he is, and with Geoffrey absent with so far no telling of when he'll come back, (Though knowing him, he eventually WILL return, rest assured.) that makes Lino the only Moderator left.

So with that said, Announcement 2: We are hiring Mods. As the Forum gets bigger and bigger by the day, we need to get some more staff that can assist in keeping things nice and orderly.

We are looking for at least one more mod, Four at most. This way we'd have an Odd 5 members of Moderation, 6 when Geoffrey inevitably returns, and in that case we'd have two mods overseeing three areas. (The Sonic The Hedgehog, Misc, and Forum Games areas.) Even if we have just one, it would help.

But we're not going to just pick you out of the crowds. The last time we did that for Lino-while it worked out in the end-from what I heard, there was some bad vibes coming off the decision.

So to prevent that from happening again: We've decided to hand out an Application here.

Name:

Experience(?): (Have you been a staffer at another place before? If so, for what and how long? If not, simply write "N/A")

Why do you want to be a Mod?: (Please explain this to the best of your ability.)

What makes you think you have what it takes to be a Mod?: (Please explain this to the best of your ability.)

If you were to be a Mod, do you understand and accept the Responsibility of one?: (A simple Yes/No will do.)

If you want to be a Mod of Sonic Scanf, Fill this out and send it to us via PM, whoever you feel is most online.

Keep in mind that we're still the judges, and that we are determining our decision based not only on how you fill this application, (Though it certainly will help you out if it's nicely filled.) but your overall stay here on this site, not by length but by action. We are only accepting 4 at Maximum. Once we have that amount, I will announce it and basically close the job openings.

---------------------------------------

Now for something less important, but a little treat in store for all the RPers out there. Especially you guys in the RP-mania and Free-play Mania topics:

You see, I was looking at the Russian version of this Site one day when I notice one particular thing they have that we don't. ...An Area known as "Free-Play". I took a look at it and...well, I decided to use it, to copy it from there and paste it here. While some of it is to essentially give as much content here as they would there. (There's only one more feature barring this that is exclusive, but I don't think we necessarily need it...not yet anyways.) The Main reason is the interesting premise.

Basically Free-Play is just that, A proverbial sandbox expanded into an area-wide proverbial world of sand. Imagine if you will areas specifically for giant locations like Mobius, and each topic in said area is a location like Central City that people can go in and out of. People would enter one place for one reason or another, leave, and head to their next destination, or topic, and entering there.

For example: Someone can enter a topic designed for Central City, do what they want to get done, then leave and go to another topic designed for Green Hill Zone or something like that.

The story would possibly be small, but like any good Sandbox game, once the story is over, you can still continue to do what you wish. Who knows, maybe your actions will cause a new story to unfold to replace the one that ended.

So as to not Overwhelm you, There are only three planets:

Mobius (Sonic)

Cyberspace (Nicole)

Earth 200X (Megaman)

The Free-play area would be supervised by staff, specifically myself, Lino, and when Geoffrey comes back, I'll probably ask him to oversee it with me as well.

But before I do that, before I actually make it, I want to know what you think of it. This is where the Poll comes in. Simply put: if enough people says yes or even maybe, I will make it. If not, I won't. I want you to decide if this idea should be realized.

Well, that's all three updates. Cheery's an Admin now (Though really, he's been an Admin for sometime now, he just now has the banner to officially confirm it.), 4 spots in the Moderators are open, and there's potential new RPing area. I hope this is to your liking.

Thanks for Reading. :D

1 person likes this

My heartiest congratulations to Cheery to making it to the Admin ranks! And if he's been doing so for months, then he's been doing a really fine job. Good on him!

Congratulations, Cheery :)

And good luck for anyone who tries out for mod! I'd just be the subjects for a while still ^^

and I think we could do with a new RP area, I'd like to join something from the start, maybe, I don't know, lol!

Congrats Cheery!

As far as the pole, I'm not too big on RP, but I do think it sounds interesting!

Oh my, I didn't even notice! Was having a headache the whole day so I was with my heads in the clouds anyways but... shucks guys, thanks! I'll keep doing my best for the forum as I always have!

What a turn of events. I'm... er... surprised.

(For those who don't know, I'm an administrator of russian version of Sonic SCANF)

Well, about Free-Play... At least, how the things work.

We have a few people who are looking for this sub-forum. They're not GMs, but, well, has some authorities such as opening new topics for locations and checking new characters profiles. That was made for... To be honest, for idiot proof. You know, when some Cinos the Hedgehog appears [without character profile], creates his own secret undeground underwater base in space [in other words, he opens a topic for his brand new location] and starts wrecking everything, including other players... That's no good, yeah. But I don't know, do you have such players or not, that's just how things are working at russian version. And one more check. It's introduction post just to check posibilities of players and how they can play by their own characters. The rest was described at the first post.

Well, I hope that helps. And sorry for bad English.

Well now, First off, it's an honor to see a fellow Administrator from there. ...And I'd like to thank you for your efforts here since it seems you and Nega are responsible for the comics displayed on here. ...Plus it's badass to see another Red here. (Red is a nickname I have among my friends as well. XD )

But yeah, I don't think we have to worry about any "Cinoses" since our RP community is mostly composed of generally mature people. But I will put this knowledge into consideration, and I'll probably use it like you guys do, just to be on the safe side. Having fun is the whole point after all. ^_^

Right so an Update:

We the staff has decided to close early with 3 out of the promised 4. My apologies to anyone who still wanted to join. With that said, as promised. The following are the new members of the Staff:

Skye Prower

Captain Survivor

Dylan (As an Apprentice-Mod. ...For those who don't know what that means, it means that, while we're unsure of his skill as a Mod, we are giving him a shot with a Mod status, but subtracting some of the power until we feel he's ready to be official.)

Congrats to these three, and welcome to the Staff. ^_^

Yay! Congrats to all three of em (yall deserved it guys!) You're gonna do an awesome and I know it! Woooooooooo!!

Thanks so much. I-I'll do my b-best to be a g-good mod! :)

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

Congratulations to the three of you! We're glad to have you on our side, and we're sure you won't dissapoint us ^^

As with the others, I'll do my best to prove myself to you guys

And thanks Cheery

Now in regards to the Voting poll. I'll admit I didn't consider how long to make it last, that was my fault. But I'm convinced that we have all the votes we're gonna get in this regard. As the votes decided, I'll be making the Free-Play area very shortly.

Yes, I think I may try to become a mod!

Now, i may not have been here for that long (well, technically I HAVE, but just not on the forums...), but I have some great experience as a mod in some other places too! I'll just put this into my little account here... *puts in virtual envelope and ships it to Yosuke's house*

Hope Jest gets that. ^^

Congrats to the new mods on their promotion. If I'm honest, I felt it was only a matter of time when Skye and/or Dylan got to be a Mod :P

Nice! I'm sure you guys will be apt and excellent moderators, and who doesn't like an ordered place?

Felicitations!

Congratulations for you all! I think you will make a great job!