Lino Blythe

Games that had an impact on you

24 posts in this topic

Well I the original reason I posted this topic will be known after I say the game that impacted me the most

The game that had an impact on me has to do with when I was a little kid. The game was Klonoa~

This game is under rated by far and never got much attention or was popular at all. Please don't bring up the wii remake either because in my opinion the PS1 version is a lot prettier and well... Honestly I don't like his outfit XD;;

No spoilers but the game even made me cry too. It's the only one that has achieved that as well and that's saying something.

That being said... Someone play Starbound with me ;w;

*Starbound game rotting away cuz no one to play with*

I feel for you, man. Even though I've never played it, I still feel for you

I've felt many things when playing games. Happiness, excitement, anger, fear, etc. But its rare that I feel sad and I've never cried because of a game so if it's made you cry, that is some achievement right there

That being said... Someone play Starbound with me ;w;

*Starbound game rotting away cuz no one to play with*

I would if I had it - sorry I can't :unsure:

But anyway, what had the biggest impact on me... I would have to say Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. While it may not seem like the first thing that would come to someone's mind when thinking about this. It is the reason I'm a fan of Sonic. It is the reason you guys know me and the reason I'm here today. Definitely the biggest impact on my life out of all the games I've played. I've given detail of this on my profile

That is some pretty crazy story Dylan, I read your profile a bit back and it still surprises me a little how things like that can happen~

Ah, a topic like this- it's gonna be interesting, cause recently a game made me go 'whoo'

Yeah, so, 'impact' for me is going to be a strong word here, yeah, there have been ample games which made me do and think things, but then, never a game 'touched' me, or made me just go 'wow' on a philosophical level, until I played Undertale (DEMO ver only out now), that is

It's not been long since I played that game, and in fact, during that time, I was going through great amount of mental stress (in fact, I was even suicidal) and one day, I had this PC game Undertale demo, just downloaded when recommended by a friend, but never touched, I was really upset, probably even crying or something, and to lighten myself, I decided to play it.

Spoiler coming guys, though you can flip it, because many who play the game won't think about it the way

It was a RPG game, about a human child falling in RUINS after mistakenly falling in a pit near a mountain which was famous because it was known that who attempt to climb it never come back.

Upon entering the RUINS, it has an interesting encounter with FLOWEY, which I'll keep as a secret- but after that, an extremely friendly creature, Toriel, decides to help you- she tells you partially about the functioning of the ruins and then she apolgizes and goes away 'to attend to some business'

And then you're on your own, you go through the RUINS, and all the little monsters out there fight you, reluctantly or on purpose, but there is something different about this game, it gives you the option to spare or kill the enemy.

And in the end, you'll have to battle Toriel, there too, you have this option.

No matter what you choose, in the end, there is always a message, given by FLOWEY.... And it... It touched me. It touched me to think for once about life all over again. Life, death and all that. It made me realise that there are terrible people out there, but then, so are there good people. It warmed my heart... In a way I can't really say. But it made me happy.

I owe that game, it brought back sense to me,

Yep, 'twas long, Eli can be senti

Edited by sweet_lil_Eliza

The game that made a big impact on my life and hooked me up on video games was Banjo-Tooie.

I was a trouble maker when I was little, so she got me a N64 to make me chill out.

I was hooked.

For me, the game that had the biggest impact on me was my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Emerald. I started to learn the ins and outs of Pokemon and developed my habit of always choosing the water-type starter in the newest generation. Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, Froakie... Always my first choice.

1 person likes this

The games that an impact on me is the 3DS game, "Yu-gi-oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival", because it has over 5700 cards to collect. ^_^

Yu-Gi-Oh!_ZEXAL_World_Duel_Carnival_logo.png

Kingdom Hearts... definitely... not only is it awesome game... it also had great message. that there's always hope, and your friends are always with you and your reason to go on. and that Darkness always loses to Light.

This will probably show my age a little, but...

My first game, Super Mario Bros. on the NES. It's the only game I had for awhile, and I played it so much. I believe I was only 3 or 4, but it started my love for gaming.

The other big one was Sonic 2. It was the first Sonic game I played but I was instantly hooked. I watched the shows, read the books, got the toys and plushies. Then I remember renting Sonic 3 and that just sealed the deal(Sonic 3&K is still my favorite Sonic game). Sonic became my childhood hero and idol. It sounds cheesy, but his free spirit and thirst for adventure has been how I've lived my life. I'm a really easy-going person and I love to help people when I can. I'm always up for trying something new!

A few other games to mention: Pokemon Red, Mega Man 3, Mega Man X, Final Fantasy 6, Smash Bros. 64, Mario Kart SNES, and Sonic Adventure. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

EarthBound definitely had an impact on me. The characters and the world were so well developed that when the game ended with Smiles and Tears playing in the background, I actually teared up a bit. And the humor always makes me feel better when I'm feeling down.

Edited by ViciousPhantom

I already said this but since there's more than one game about it Kingdom Hearts II! I think it really has a great meaning behind the game and even though they might be over using the them: "friendship is power etc.." I think it's still true. besides the theme how Light beats Darkness is awesome. sure it's old everyone has heard of it at least once.. but I myself think it's necessary... besides the game has got good humor as well... and I always myself wanted to explore different worlds and such.. so this game is great for someone like me. and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees things this way..

For me it's the original Sonic the Hedgehog! The first Sonic game I played as well as the first video game I ever played.

Oh right.. Silent Hill... The first one... Because of that game I think I started to enjoy horror games and horror genre in general. Though I never finished the game as a kid (Because the graphics those days were way too terrifying) I still liked it... And since then I've watched more and more horror movies and I've started playing horror games.. (Though I haven't find any really good ones except Siren Blood Curse) 

Most of the impacting games are racing games.

Choro Q (PS1)

This game introduces me to PS1 games. It's a cute racing game with great customization and great sequels. The series is all in Japanese, but the games are really entertaining.

Racing Lagoon (PS1)

Similar to above, Racing Lagoon is a hidden gem of the racing games in PS1 avaliable in Japanese only. It's part racing, part RPG. A great experience with high paced drifting actions, addicting music, almost limitless customization, and surprisingly dramatic story.

Edited by arekpowalan

For me it is simple. Final fantasy seven had the biggest impact on me. I was six and mty step brother was babysitting me and my brother.I was sent to bed while my brothers played ff7.

I snuck down and watched the screen through the door which was slightly open. I saw Aeris's death scene and became entranced by it.

After that day I never stopped following Square games and I wouldn't change that for the world.

As For Final Fantasy's World... I watched my brother play Final Fantasy VII, FF IX and Probably.. FF IV...? While I watched him play those games I really wanted to try and play them myself.. Though The only problem is that my brother insist that he "helps" me play MY game since I later downloaded FF IX for PS3... But really without these games I might have never started playing Final Fantasy at all.. Also Since I found Grandia series sort of similar to it I also played Grandia 2... Unfortunately I heard from my brother that there will be a part in the game which makes my game lag and I can't continue.. So even though I loved playing it (and not to  brag but I was actually good at it..) I had to stop playing it.. But I was thinking maybe I'll one day continue.. For old times sake. 

In recent years the game that left the most impact on me will have to be Assassin's Creed 2.

It's what got me into the series, drove me to cosplay as Ezio (which is how I met a ton of friends in the Assassin's creed guild) and got into the art of Parkour.

Here's a journey how I became a university student

When I was a kid, I played the Thai-language patched rom of Final Fantasy IV on an emulator. It gave me enough motivation to look for other Final Fantasy games in English. Soon enough I started played other RPGs. Since role playing games were heavy at language usages, my English grades became very great at schools. My English was outstanding enough I decided to master the language and joined EFL departments at the universities. Now I'm a second-class honored student on a master program.

Due to the limited time tables, I'm no longer playing RPGs, but I'll always consider them a very important part of my academic development.

Mega Man games also had an impact on me.. (mostly since I just couldn't time that freaking jump!!! Dx) but seriously though... I just thought the older Mega Man games were really cool (though for a little kid like me difficult..) Just the right amount of challenge and great adventure. I can't remember which one I played first (but it was on this old Nintendo game console which unfortunately got thrown away..) but after that game when I later got the Mega Man 2 for Playstation 1 I already knew something about it.. and I think that without these games I would've never really gotten into the Mega Man series.

I'll also add Undertale. Not to spoil anything so I'll just say.. Depending what route you take... Or actually.. Whichever route you take it will one way or another be one heck of a feeltrip.

Pokemon is life, i've grown up LOVING IT!!!

I'm still waiting for a new game though ;D

Edited by Chaotix_Espio_24
Typo