Shadow

General Anime/Manga Thread

121 posts in this topic

Anyone here wanted to recommend a manga series for me? :D 

1 person likes this

It's story time:

first of all I recommend you Heart No Kuni No Alice series. (It also has Clover No Kuni and Joker No Kuni No Alice sequels. Joker being the newest one, and multiple spin off's based on certain ships)

Pandora Hearts (Truly amazing, totally recommend)

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Soul Eater

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Doubt/Judge (Both are horror/mystery, but good)

Hollow Fields (made by Australian mangaka, awesome steampunk themed manga too, the drawing work is simply cute, but very detailed)

Tokyo Ghoul (a bit more darker and twisted version from the anime adaption but worth trying.)

Kingdom Hearts (Yes manga exists. I recommend all of them from one to two, from 365/2 days to Chain of Memories (The correct timeline way of reading is KH I, Chain of memories, 365/2 Days, and KH II, but if there already exists KH Birth By Sleep manga then that is before KH I)

Well older shoujo manga but, Sugar Sugar Rune (I watched the show and while it was entertaining the manga ends a bit differently, the style ofc is girly, and cutesy but it's interesting. To me at least xD)

Yotsubato! (Really a slice of life manga, but made in a funny way. I like it so far xD the little MC girl is just too cute)

Usagi Drop (Story about a man with no real experience trying to raise a daughter.)

Mirai Nikki (awesome horror manga, totally worth it xD)

Almost ANYTHING from Arina Tanemura, her way of drawing and creating stories is just beautiful.

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Hero Tales. 

1 person likes this

It's story time:

first of all I recommend you Heart No Kuni No Alice series. (It also has Clover No Kuni and Joker No Kuni No Alice sequels. Joker being the newest one, and multiple spin off's based on certain ships)

Pandora Hearts (Truly amazing, totally recommend)

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Soul Eater

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Doubt/Judge (Both are horror/mystery, but good)

Hollow Fields (made by Australian mangaka, awesome steampunk themed manga too, the drawing work is simply cute, but very detailed)

Tokyo Ghoul (a bit more darker and twisted version from the anime adaption but worth trying.)

Kingdom Hearts (Yes manga exists. I recommend all of them from one to two, from 365/2 days to Chain of Memories (The correct timeline way of reading is KH I, Chain of memories, 365/2 Days, and KH II, but if there already exists KH Birth By Sleep manga then that is before KH I)

Well older shoujo manga but, Sugar Sugar Rune (I watched the show and while it was entertaining the manga ends a bit differently, the style ofc is girly, and cutesy but it's interesting. To me at least xD)

Yotsubato! (Really a slice of life manga, but made in a funny way. I like it so far xD the little MC girl is just too cute)

Usagi Drop (Story about a man with no real experience trying to raise a daughter.)

Mirai Nikki (awesome horror manga, totally worth it xD)

Almost ANYTHING from Arina Tanemura, her way of drawing and creating stories is just beautiful.

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Hero Tales. 

MOST OF YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS, I have watched in anime form. :D But still, I will put them all in my list. :) Thanks for your suggestions, Shinomi! ^^

And btw, about the KH manga, I'm not surprised. Heck, most of the games I played have manga adaptations. :P 

1 person likes this

Well same here buddy!!!

(and ofc, it was only a matter of time when KH got it's first manga.. sooo.. I myself have read all of them except Birth By Sleep if it even exists yet.) I do hope they'd make manga version of all of the games, would make figuring out the story SO MUCH MORE easy.

1 person likes this

Yes! I wanna enjoy life for a while since I just got my freedom from uni. ^_^ So.... I wanna make most of it. *grins*

(lol! Wish they made manga for all games and fix plot holes. xD)

(I hear ya pal... Maybe some day... *sigh*)

Oh right and unless you haven't already read Ginga Nagareboshi Gin or Ginga Densetsu Weed or anything else from Yoshihiro Takahashi I tots recommend those too! (Dayum he's good at drawing dogs o_o)

(Yeah. Someday... LET'S RIOT!)

OH SWEET NAYRU! DOGS?! PUPPIES?! That automatically made it on top of the priority list.

Nee, nee! Have you read Second Brain?

No I have not read it yet, is it goooooooooood? :3 

(Puppers 4 life it seems? You like kitties too? because if so read Chi's Sweet Home) I died of cuteness... and FEELS!!!!

Well, I just recently read the first chapter. Looks good imo. xD

(YES. Puppies. tho I'm ok with cats too. Ohohoh. I will check on that too. SLICE OF LIFE!?)

(Chi's Sweet Home IS slice of Life :3 with CUTENESS!!!!) 

So it's gooooooooooooooooooooooooood? 

(GASP! I LOVE THAT GENRE!)

Hmmm... There is some gore in the first chapter. Why the heck not, I will recommend it.

This seasons Youjo Senki looks awesome!

I'm also currently watching:

Ao No Exorcist S2

Masamune-Kun No Revenge

Little Witch Academia (Sucy is the best girl 4ever!)

and Zaregoto Series

as for manga I found:

Macchi Girl (It's like Jigoku Shoujo but with matches! :D)

Junji Ito's manga collection/ Dog Diary

Nekota No Koto Ga Ki Ni Natte Shikatanai

Dolly Kill Kill

Zekkyou Gakkyuu

Higanabana No Saku Yoru Ni (Do NOT read if you can not take.. uhm.. certain bad subjects.... it is full of it)

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa

Edited by Shinomi-chan

¨Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa

Jitsu wa Watashi wa is great. The anime's... less than stellar, but the manga is really good. Really sad to see it end.

1 person likes this

Just Watching Gintama and Nanbaka this season along with Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V (Holy hell Zarc)

Welp I just got hooked to the Kara No Kyoukai Series... AS I EXPECTED! (damn bro I really need to stop listening to you... and from waking up at 5 am...)

Well at least I got time to watch all of them at once. Great horror/Psychological movies btw. (and no matter what watch them in order from 1-7 not in chronological order. It totally ruins the experience) As I heard from many who did just that. 

oh boy have I got manga for you guys! mostly horror/Psychological:

The Promised Neverland

Boku-tachi No Ikita Riyuu

Whisper

Shibito No Koe O Kiku Ga Yoi

Blame!

Konya wa Tsuki ga Kirei Desu ga, Toriaezu Shi ne

Totsukuni no Shoujo

The Horror Mansion

D.Gray Man

Howling: The City of Nightmare

Manga that I just loved otherwise:

Iris Zero

D.I.C.E

Shishunki Bitter Change

Saike Mata Shitemo

Amaama To Inazuma

Kobayashi-San Chi No Maid Dragon

Onideka (it's just... wow.)

Kakao 79%

Super Danganronpa 2 - Nanami Chiaki no Sayonara Zetsubou Daibouken

as for anime I recently FINALLY saw the movie Koe No Katachi

1 person likes this

Good list Shinni. I'll have to take a look at those this weekend or after work.

I've been currently watching Koro-Sensei Quest. Not as good as Assassination Classroom but it does give a good chuckle.

1 person likes this

I haven't.. Watched anything ongoing... In like 5 days.. What is life? Please end me.

I'm watching

Boku No Hero Academia S2

Little Witch Academia

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu Ka? Isogashii Desu Ka? Sugutte Moratte Ii Desu Ka?

Alice To Zouroku 

Renai Boukun

Shingeki No Kyojin S2

Sakurada Reset (Maybe)

Clockwork Planet (maybe)

and sooooooo many unfinished ones I could cry.

This topic has been DED for quite a while. I shall grace it with my presence.

So any men of culture here watching Hinamatsuri? Japan has shit taste so it isn't as popular as it needs to be. You could also call it the... Best Daughter Parade. Anzu is best daughter obviously. She cures cancer and crippling depression. Anzumatsuri. Hina is also pretty good, Unless you aren't a Yakuza with seemingly endless money. Hitomi should just learn how to say no. The opening song is good.

Next up Food Wars S3 2nd Cour. No one here watches it so huh. The opening song is good.

MHA/BNHA S3 every one here watches it I guess. United States Of Satisfaction. 3rd opening is still best opening.

Tokyo Ghoul RE. Forgot some minor people and wasn't aware of most crap since the "2nd Season" wasn't canon and you have to read the manga and I don't wanna. The opening isn't a masterpiece like Unravel but still pretty good.

Darling In The Franxx. Let's hope we don't get another Evangelion thrown at us. *Holds up a cross* OUTA THIS SHOW, OUTA THIS SHOW, BEGONE FROM THIS SHOW YOU DEATHFLAGS!! 

*Ahem*

The opening... didn't really try to listen to it until the seond cour where the opening changed but the song didn't. It's pretty fuzzing good. Totally worth a try to listen.

Gun Gale Alternative. Pretty good stuff thus far. The recap at like the 5th episode was weird and annoying. Fuka is best girl. The opening song is nice, mostly at the first halfish of it.

Seven Deadly Sins S2. The Ten Commandants fight was well done. Felt like the first seasln had better animation tho. Currently following the manga. I reccomend reading the manga after first season and only watching your fav fights from the manga in the anime. Time Saving. The opening song number one is pretty hyped and whatnot but I still like the first animation of the second opening. The second version has too much of Elizabeth. :/

Black Clover. The show had a shitty start with crappy animation and fuzzload of filler and hecky pacing. I went to check the manga out to see why it was so popular and hyped, Wasn't disappointed. The anime suddenly had some pretty good Sakuga animation during one of the most important fights in episode 35. The entire episode was top tier. The next episode tho... it went shit again. Not only that but they also ruined a character. There are three characters. Two had a pattern of speech that made them look like "characters with shit writing" while the other one was just a normal laid back guy, someone like Shikamaru from Naruto. This is actually pretty important later on in the manga. In the anime... *sigh* They made him freaking yawn before saying anything. He just keeps on yawning. They just ruined it. Now to the anime-only watchers those three are just bad written characters instead of being a odd bunch. In the manga there were even hints that the fact that the other two had a pattern while Liar (or as the anime say Raia) didn't. So yeah just read the manga and watch episode 35. All of the three openings are pretty great. Give them a listen.

So that's that for getting the dust off here. Hope some of you participate a bit here. Let's keep the forum as lively as possible.

Edited by NMS
*loud monkey noises*